Stasis @ 5/17/2016 19:27 commented on yuna - saint seiya omega

Three years later, I still come back to this for inspiration. I love these colors and the internal AA.

Stasis @ 5/12/2015 07:23 commented on Small Bakery

I love that almost nothing is completely straight. It has quirky character you don't see in the average isometric piece. Very nice! :)

Stasis @ 6/29/2014 22:23 commented on General Hammond

These colors are delicious.

Stasis @ 6/29/2014 22:12 commented on [WAKKA-ING INTENSIFIES]

Man, that's hilarious and simultaneously terrifying. Pac-Man's been doing some serious squats. Nice smooth animation and some lovely shading, too!

Stasis @ 4/29/2013 16:55 commented on Adele Adkins

I'd like to see more contrast in the skin tones (I can tell the shading is there, but the low contrast makes it a little flat anyway) and the "dots" on the sleeves/upper chest cause a bit of an optical illusion, messing with the shape and depth since it's a constant pattern instead of conforming to her body shape. But overall quite nice!

Stasis @ 2/26/2013 09:45 commented on Love Sunset

The surface looks great, but next to it, the sky looks sloppy. If the sky were as refined, this would be excellent!

Stasis @ 1/25/2013 07:55 commented on Yeti... at LARGE!!!

I'm sad you only have two pieces here on PJ. Your animation is awesome and I'd love to see more!

Stasis @ 1/14/2013 22:10 commented on RPG characters

No, this is not pixel art; the color count is 8292. I'm also confused why the preview image is completely different from the detail image.

Stasis @ 1/14/2013 07:43 commented on DMC: Dante and Kat

You only uploaded the preview. Where's the full image? :)

Stasis @ 1/14/2013 07:42 commented on policeman

The lines are unrefined and it's got a severe case of pillow shading. I'd strongly recommend checking out the Noobtorials thread on the forum: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5692

Especially this, which covers several major problems you're having (cleaning the lines and shading): http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/156/d/2/Pixel_Art_Tutorial_by_lucas_irineu.png

Stasis @ 1/13/2013 13:20 commented on yuna - saint seiya omega

This is wonderfully smooth. Great pose, great details, great colors. The palette is huge though! There looks to be a lot of room to reduce the palette without noticeably losing detail or smoothness.

Stasis @ 1/13/2013 13:00 commented on Mockup

The detail on the desert tiles/dirt is really nice. Hexagonal tiles is an interesting idea. Is this for a game?

Stasis @ 1/13/2013 12:55 commented on The Pirate Lady

I like the idea, it has a sort of classic point-and-click adventure style, but the animation is a bit unnatural in places. Her entire upper torso "jumps" up and down two pixels at a time, rather than breathing or any other kind of natural movement, it makes it look like her torso is shrinking and growing. For that level of movement, she should be bending her legs too instead of just moving her torso up and down. Also, the yellow sash/belt on her waist moves oddly--the left edge shouldn't even be moving, really.

I like the sprite itself, it's quite stylish, and other areas of the animation are nicely done, especially the parrot and the whip.

Stasis @ 1/13/2013 12:35 commented on Distant Lands

Fantastic! I especially love the clouds and how everything sort of directs the eye to the castle. Something about the castle seems to stick into the foreground, though. Possibly the dark outlines against the sky.

Stasis @ 1/13/2013 12:20 commented on Crystal Ball

Love this! I don't really see a problem with the leg placement under the dress that Adcrusher mentioned, but what I did notice was that the many folds in the dress is a sharp contrast to the smoothness of the hair and skin and starts to seem a little out of place the longer I look at it. Regardless, it's still very nicely done!

Stasis @ 1/13/2013 12:13 commented on one silly emerald queen

Beautifully animated!

Stasis @ 1/11/2013 07:45 commented on A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

Now that I'm looking up screenshots (this was an exercise, not meant to exactly replicate Max Payne, so I didn't use any reference) he is a bit thicker in the midsection in the game than I made him, but I still definitely wouldn't call this fat, haha! :) http://media.rockstargames.com/screenshots/maxpayne3-7-1280.jpg

Stasis @ 1/11/2013 07:12 commented on A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

That's just a quote from the game. No, he's not fat, heh.

Stasis @ 1/10/2013 14:43 commented on Anna Oakley

This would be good as a still, but the smooth animation makes it fantastic. I love the colors. Very crisp.

Stasis @ 1/10/2013 11:19 commented on Emerald Sword

I was having a tough time imagining what could be done with the canvas shape. I like how you turned it into a plaque for the sword. I agree with ultimaodin on questioning the "glow" around the sword, though.

Stasis @ 1/8/2013 08:00 commented on Mr Whippy

Looking at this and all of your other submissions so far, one major critique I have is that they look rather flat. I would suggest stronger shading and more contrast in the colors, i.e. lighter highlights and darker shadows. Much can be achieved with the power of shading; keep practicing!

Stasis @ 1/7/2013 19:11 commented on Kamen Rider Kabuto - Henshin!

Thanks for the tip!

Stasis @ 3/13/2011 22:33 commented on That red dude

I'm wondering if you've edited this since the comments mentioning a lack of detail. It looks well defined, but very clean. I dig it, except the arm on the left looks a little misshapen, and it looks like he has four fingers on that hand and five on the other.

Stasis @ 3/11/2011 16:02 commented on Chainsaw

The character looks good, I like it, but I'm not getting what the colored blocks in the background and the black... stuff all around the edges is.

A transparent background would help too. :D

Stasis @ 3/11/2011 15:53 commented on Tetragrammaton cleric

I like the lineart and general style of the image (though it should really be transparent instead of a white background!)

What sticks out to me the most though is that there's a lack of contrast in the palette, making it a little on the flat side. The darkest shades should be darker.

Also, his left arm (our right) seems to have a slight case of pillow shading. That arm doesn't seem properly shaded.