ArmyFrog @ 12/13/2017 10:50 commented on Snow Whirl

I'm not sure this can be considered pixel art. Having a couple white spots does not make something pixel art. the idea is interesting, and I can definitely see the dodecahedron.

ArmyFrog @ 12/13/2017 08:43 commented on Urban Teal Bridge

First off, that website has pcitures of the Eiffle Tower at night....interesting.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I will keep them in mind when making my next big piece (if net neutrality does not die/is revived in the near future). I appreciate your help.

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 21:48 commented on Snowman Jump

Why thank you for enjoying my bizzare creation!

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 20:51 commented on Open Wide

Pixel Dist is right. Also, I'm not sure whether this can even be considered pixel art. It looks like oekaki to me.

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 14:16 commented on Abyssal Choir

This feels really flat to me. Try working on improving your depth. I do like the bizzare and haphazaroud design though!

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 14:02 commented on Bubblegum Xmas Creature

Very nice! I like the palette

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 11:24 commented on Urban Teal Bridge

The distance from the first set of supports to the second set would be enough for the next set of supports to be behind the "camera". Bridges to not typically have objects such as ladders connecting the ground to the bridge itself unless it goes over water. I had this in mind when I made the bridge. The reason these ladders exist is to allow workers to go from the bridge to the area below where there are typically boat bumpers. The reason I added all of that was to give the image some variety (a.k.a. because I could). Why am I saying this? The distance between supports where boats traverse is wider. This furthers to the point I made above. I do appreciate your help, but I made this piece to be as accurate as I could paying special attention to angles, lighting, and of course, my three techniques. I used the logic I stated as a tool to make the image.

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 06:45 commented on Circle Of Knives

The only thing in this piece that stands out to me is the crack in the road. From 1x, it actually looks good. And fix the color count, I could do that whole thing in about 12-16 colors.

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 06:24 commented on World

This is lovely, but I have to agree with Bla2e on the ocean part.

ArmyFrog @ 12/12/2017 06:23 commented on DB8 - Palette Test

This palette is unbelievably addicting to use!

ArmyFrog @ 12/11/2017 20:35 commented on When Snowmen Die

Well, it was for the contest, but like always, I read the rules after I make the piece. It's hard to turn 28 colors into six. But hey, it turned out nice, so why not post it?

ArmyFrog @ 12/11/2017 07:10 commented on powerup tea

Those little biscuits are either really small, or the mug is really large.

ArmyFrog @ 12/11/2017 06:39 commented on Urban Teal Bridge

I updated the ramp link since I accidently screwed it up. The image is taken from a screenshot of Paint.net's color menu, and when the color menu is not hovered over, it becomes semi transparent. The colors before was the Urban Teal palette over a gray background. My bad!

ArmyFrog @ 12/10/2017 18:58 commented on Black Guard

I was not able to finish my entry cause I scheduled it for Sunday

ArmyFrog @ 12/10/2017 18:05 commented on Urban Teal Bridge

It's quite simple. Get good form, and follow the steps I posted.

ArmyFrog @ 12/10/2017 07:46 commented on Urban Teal Bridge

Thank you, twin of Insert!

ArmyFrog @ 12/9/2017 20:55 commented on space fox

wow, very nice animation.

ArmyFrog @ 12/7/2017 17:03 commented on Thingamabobs

That's just what makes this palette so special (and addicting to use). I'm glad you of all people enjoyed it.

ArmyFrog @ 12/7/2017 15:12 commented on Friends & Letters

This has 9 colors mdude, the shades of pink in the block and letter are different from the others like the frog's mouth.

ArmyFrog @ 12/7/2017 13:51 commented on Dog and Fly

I'm not sure if this can be considered pixel art. Pixel art embodies the usage of pixels in every aspect. Rotating the orientiation of the pixel causes it to lose that pixelated element. You also have what is known as mixels, when you combine pixels of different sizes, and it's so extreme here, that it looks like a regular drawing without any antialiasing.

ArmyFrog @ 12/7/2017 13:43 commented on Predator - Color Theme

I like your 5 color portrait squares. They are quite nice.

ArmyFrog @ 12/6/2017 14:55 commented on Beatdown

the is extraordinarily smooth. It looks fantastic, but the body parts are too static and stiff. I would love to see an updated version. Seriously, this is some good stuff.

ArmyFrog @ 12/6/2017 06:57 commented on Epok - Enemy Queue

It's very smooth and clean. I quite like it.

ArmyFrog @ 12/4/2017 07:30 commented on Pare's Android

Looks very nice, but I have one question. What is that sushi looking thing that sticks out of the side?

ArmyFrog @ 12/4/2017 07:27 commented on placeholder 1

What a lovely piece of art.