Gizmonicgamer @ 1/12/2019 00:14 commented on Life Finds A Way

Big fan of the lighting and the brickwork here.

Gizmonicgamer @ 1/3/2019 12:27 commented on Sidescroller shmup background 1

Adult Swim used this background in a recent video/post of theirs... was that authorized?

Gizmonicgamer @ 10/25/2018 12:26 commented on Big Bird

what's the average wait-time for a piece to be approved, again...? i've been waiting for a few days, and it ~looks~ like other pieces have been uploaded later and approved earlier than mine, provided i'm reading the information correctly

Gizmonicgamer @ 8/29/2017 11:20 commented on Big Bird

oh... a piece from 2005 is on the weekly showcase. interesting

Gizmonicgamer @ 8/25/2017 18:48 commented on Big Bird

i'm curious: when i click "newest pixel art", my piece "descending into light" is the first one there, but it doesn't show up on the home page?

Gizmonicgamer @ 8/16/2017 15:37 commented on Town

how does this game deal with communism? is it simply a backdrop setting, is it pro, or anti? in either case, the pixel work is amazing and It'd really be a shame if it wound up for something misguided.

Gizmonicgamer @ 6/23/2017 17:10 commented on From a Stygian void, light;

thank you!

Gizmonicgamer @ 5/31/2017 09:17 commented on m a g n o

https://ubiktune.bandcamp.com/album/vurgon his previous album can be found here, so a lot of electronic and gamey stuff!

Gizmonicgamer @ 4/27/2017 06:58 commented on Pikmin 2D Demake

Great work as always, pik!

Gizmonicgamer @ 6/23/2016 21:10 commented on Big Bird

...anyone that's submitted something in the past two weeks or so, about how long has it taken for your piece to go up? i've been waiting for 10 days now for a piece to be approved l o l

Gizmonicgamer @ 11/6/2015 14:25 commented on Monochrome Grove

It's probably deceptive, then; i'm actually constantly surprised at the different variations and ways i can use the tiles I have.

Gizmonicgamer @ 11/5/2015 18:01 commented on Monochrome Grove

I did specifically say "some". it's far from a complete set, these were just the specific pieces that i was testing.

Gizmonicgamer @ 3/29/2015 20:47 commented on The Little Witch

Where did it go? I want to see.

Gizmonicgamer @ 1/5/2015 01:18 commented on Creya x3

The rightmost one, by far.

Gizmonicgamer @ 1/5/2015 01:18 commented on Creya x3

Although I like the legs on the middle one most.

Gizmonicgamer @ 3/7/2013 10:15 commented on "Vurgon"

Why would it be?

Gizmonicgamer @ 6/25/2011 08:33 commented on Garden of Gray

I was wondering if there was a connection to the song when I saw the title. In any case, an absolutely fantastic piece. I love the fade into the horizon, and the way the gray contrasts with the foliage around it.  i remember being inspired by the title quite a while back to try and do something like this, but I never got around to it. I'm glad you did.

Gizmonicgamer @ 2/21/2011 17:29 commented on Brother's Portrait

This is fantastic.

Gizmonicgamer @ 5/10/2010 00:23 commented on Saturn's Magical Dither Shower

hi rokkan :D

love the colors and the shading, i especially like how you utilized dithering

Gizmonicgamer @ 4/14/2010 00:53 commented on Empty corridor

yes. there are redundant colors. yes, in hindsight some of them could've been cut out; however, I chose not too. Most of the redundant colors exist for a purpose - to make working with the background easier and to prevent things from getting intermingled. There were also a few instances, such as in the bottom bricks, where using the same colors would have been inappropriate. to add subtle distinction between layers, objects and other defining contexts, there are additional shades - in a background so defined by its lack of saturation, it is even more necessary to add distinctions. very rarely is there abuse in the amount of colors utilized (aside from the grass), it is simply a matter of different areas utilizing different colors. I felt no need to homogenize the product prior to upload.

Gizmonicgamer @ 4/14/2010 00:52 commented on Empty corridor

Thanks for the comments and favorites, everyone.

Gizmonicgamer @ 4/8/2010 10:44 commented on Empty corridor

"Very cool looking BG but 65 colors seems a very large color count."

the color count is mostly because there are actually three "layers" of background here (the front pillars and brickwork, the grass, and the architecture in the background; though if I wanted to be fancy, I could probably have it be 4-5 layers) and I wanted to keep them from bleeding into eachother. I also wanted different areas to have differing contexts; I didn't want the brickwork to be as contrasted and bright as the edges of pillars. I probably could've cut-down a little bit, in hindsight, but I feel that a lot of the subtle nuances and the inclinations might've been lost.

I assume by parallax you mean you'd want a gif showing how the background would look while running through it, with the differing layers scrolling accordingly? I'll see what I can do, but I can't make any promises. ):

Thank you for the comments, everyone!

Gizmonicgamer @ 3/31/2010 14:19 commented on GunGanesha - Legend of Iya boss

Animation could be a lot better; it feels very jagged and choppy. Despite that, it's pretty cool.

should be called Gunesha...

Gizmonicgamer @ 3/25/2010 12:39 commented on Metroid Dread

The doors are great.

Gizmonicgamer @ 3/24/2010 12:43 commented on Oerba Dia Vanille avatar

The neck is kind of weird and the palette could stand out a bit more... but overall, its pretty nice.