Zeratanus @ 4/27/2018 12:35 commented on Evashock

Ahaha, Street Sharks was it? There is a resemblance now that you mention it, totally didn't have that in mind . And the palette is Dawnbringer's 16 color palette

Zeratanus @ 4/27/2018 11:25 commented on Evashock

Zeruel was the one I had to cut!  Couldn't get it looking decent after years so I just axed it and called the rest done~

Zeratanus @ 10/30/2017 16:05 commented on Shining Force 2x Complete

Thanks y'all! And I fixed the link. Think it broke when the Tumblr post went from being qeued to fully posted.

Zeratanus @ 4/30/2015 12:08 commented on Player Select!

Oh wow this thing's gotten a better reception than I expected  Thanks everybody!

And yeah, Manupix, the font could definitely use some work couldn't it? This was my first time really messing with fonts in pixel art and it shows ><. As for the readability, I'll just have to chock that up to not having pixelled in way too long. I'm certain I should be able to do better!

Zeratanus @ 10/16/2014 13:41 commented on Big Bird

Personally I think we're pretty high brow here.

Butts

Zeratanus @ 10/16/2014 12:30 commented on Big Bird

That's how Hello Kitty keeps getting away with murder

Wait wasn't this just a halfway intellectual coversation how did....

Zeratanus @ 10/16/2014 07:09 commented on Big Bird

RAV shows up, and whether meaning to or not there is instantly an argument It's like magic!

I have a big problem with the earlier example of "He pixeled a painting he had made so the fact that it existed as a painting prior to its being pixeled makes it so much less interesting". I mean, opionions, obviously, so there's no right way to think here, but if they had painted it they were still entirely in control of the whole process. I mean, might as well say every comic book out there sucks because all of those sweet inked lines are just done over pencils anyway

(Oh boy, I cant imagine the debate over whether or not an inker is considered an artist or not! I'm having Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back flashbacks. "Sooo, you trace?")

Also, if anybody thinks tracing makes you able to pass yourself off as a good artist, I'mma have to bust out my old 6th grade Dragonball Z tracings - on TRACING PAPER - that are absolutely horrid!

Zeratanus @ 10/15/2014 09:38 commented on Big Bird

Actually, years ago my wife used to do digiital paintings with actual photos as the base. Yeah, you can say that's cheating (though her clients would specifically tell her what to use, so, well~) but her understanding of form and light were far beyond mine. Even with us both working off of the same base photo, hers would turn out a very well made (and totally repainted, not a simple photoedit)  piece of art while mine was, well, garbage.

I totally get not liking the idea of it, but dont underestimate the amount of skill it still takes to adapt something into a cohesive, pleasing whole.

Zeratanus @ 10/15/2014 09:20 commented on Big Bird

The way I see it, an artist's ability to convey their ideas and sense of aesthetic is way more important than whatever medium they decide to use. All the tracing in the world wont help if you don't understand what you're doing

Heck, just look at a lot of people who make pixel art over doll bases. You can spot pretty easily which ones have no idea what they're actually doing.

Zeratanus @ 10/9/2014 08:58 commented on Big Bird

Nobody has access to the code aside from the guy who made it. The mods would probably know more about what's up

Zeratanus @ 10/9/2014 07:35 commented on Big Bird

All of the approvals into the gallery are done manually by the mods (I think?), so that'd mean they'd have to keep coming back and messing with it all day~

And from what I've gathered, PJ's code isn't exactly updated regularly, so an automated system probably isn't something that'll happen any time soon

Zeratanus @ 8/7/2014 08:53 commented on Big Bird

You should contact Wacom's help on their website - they should be able to do something for you. I cant remember if I was registered or anything, but my 12wx Cintiq's light was not mounted properly and went out a few weeks after I bought the thing. I took some video of the issue, send the problem off to Wacom, and they had me send in my Cintiq and fixed it for free (well, think i may have paid shipping)

ALSO HI EVERYBODY! I haven't been by much at all lately >>. Haven't had nearly as much free time lately, and haven't been pixeling at all :\ (Been doing other art stuff, but nothing pixel related)

Zeratanus @ 5/1/2014 13:17 commented on My Megaman Design

It may just be my monitor, but the blues look really dark and the darker blue armor color also being the lighter blue's shading kinda muddies up the piece. It's still pretty awesome regardless though :D

Zeratanus @ 4/26/2014 07:00 commented on Big Bird

Happy birthday folks!

Going back to the tabletop RPG discussion from a week ago: Decided to join my friends this weekend to try the game I wasn't feeling into anyway. Turns out, I freaking hate d20 Modern. It's class system boils down to "Do you want to hit things with sticks or pull triggers?" with classes only vaguely deciding which of those you're better at.

Compared to Pathfinder where there are numerous starting classes and TONS of archetype varients of them that can be mixed and matched (to an extent) and D20 modern feels incredibly restricted. I swear Pathfinder's Fighter archetypes allow for more variation than the entire D20 Modern list, advanced classes included.

Zeratanus @ 4/21/2014 09:36 commented on Big Bird

ALBJHALHBHAHFAJWOE all this discussion is doing for me is reminding me that I STILL have not finished revising my angel piece. uuuuuuuggggh I'mma do that sometime soon (Nobody tell me how long ago that Angels/Demons contest actually was. My head might break~)

Zeratanus @ 4/20/2014 11:22 commented on Big Bird

Pretty sure if something's only funny when you're under the influence of a mind-altering substance, it's not actually funny :P

I mean, maybe I'm wrong - does anyone here find the idea of watching a video of two baked people laugh about how high they are while just sitting in a parked car funny (If you're baked for 4/20 you dont count :P) ? Cuz I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong but I don't imagine I am.

Zeratanus @ 4/20/2014 10:37 commented on Big Bird

I just hate stoners 'cuz stoned people are stupid. Friend once came over to my house after high school one day, clearly baked and insisted on showing me this FUNNIEST VIDEO EVER. Which was a video of him and his friend sitting in their car laughing about how high they were and that nobody could have ever been as high as they were just then.

I mean, I laugh at farts, but how the heck is "OMG WE'RE SO HIGH" comedic? So dumb.

Zeratanus @ 4/19/2014 06:34 commented on Big Bird

We were using Pathfinder fantasy campaign, and they switched to d20 Modern for a Supernatural/Ghost Busters-ish campaign (They never use any premade module stuff in that group). Of what I've played (3.5, Pathfinder, and d20 Modern), I prefer Pathfinder myself, but our GM hated the way they laid out the books for loot tables and whatnot. The general consenus was that Pathfinder is better for players, worse for the GM.

I've played online a few times before, but they've had a shoddy track record thus far and it's really missing something without the social gathering feeling of all being around a table.

Zeratanus @ 4/18/2014 21:00 commented on Big Bird

Maaaaaan all this talk of social stuff and my D&D group goes and pulls a fast one on me. They (meaning unanimous besides myself) have voted to drop the current game we've been playing for like a freaking year and do a completely different one that doesn't interest me in the slightest... ah well, I saw it coming a while back, and it wasn't an emotionally charged event, so i guess it went better than i feared it might.

so hey guess who just got a lot more free time! Ah well.

Zeratanus @ 4/18/2014 08:21 commented on Big Bird

"Alex, yeah, paralysis by analysis. That happens far too often. I keep playing and replaying things in my head to a point where I have near psychic powers that I'll know what the other person will be talking about."

Dangit man yeah, those spirals of negativity through reading into things that likely never existed and running through the ten thousand ways a situation can go is the freaking worst. Being over-analytical has its perks sometimes but damn it makes for a bad combination with these issues~

Also with the police thing, I was once followed for a few blocks and he turned on his lights when I turned into the alley to park in my house. Being only two houses down, I just drove over and parked in my driveway. Thankfully the jackass couldn't come up with a reason when he realized I was just going home and not drunk or high, so he fed me some BS that it was against the law to use the alleys at night unless you lived there (Not that he waited to find out, nor was that why he was following me for the past few blocks, but hey!)

To be fair, my car looks like shit, so I can kiiiinda understand being suspicious of it when I'm parking in a non-ghetto part of town, but that ain't a reason to pull me over~

Totally understand the night jogging too! I had started doing that before the winter hit. I should get back on that. And in college when I walked everywhere during the day (Didn't get my license until a good half year or more after college :P) I wore shaded goggles whenever I went out. Got a few odd looks from the goggles, but there's something about hiding part of my face that makes me feel a bit more comfortable when im out and about. Sadly they dont fit over my newer pairs of glasses so I had to buy some over-glasses shades instead.

Zeratanus @ 4/16/2014 12:59 commented on Big Bird

I know I'm no psychologist, and I know self-diagnosing is a terrible idea generally (Sure ain't easy to have an unbiased view of yourself!). But for people who have actual deep rooted fears of interacting with people it's not just using it as a justification, it's having to overcome the fear itself enough to get help with it. And, at least with me, I'm well aware that that kind of fear is irrational, but that doesnt help get over it. And that it doesn't help and I know its stupid leads to feeling ashamed and bouts of depression, and then you get a whole negative spiral going, and that can go to some bad places. It's not as simple to get over and do it - it was a massive battle to even admit to my wife I have these kinds of problems.

But getting past that into admitting it has helped quite a bit. I'm don't have near as many depressive episodes as I did before, and I can fight them off better when they do hit. Talking about it has helped loads.

The main reason I'm not interested in getting therapy, aside from the fear and being stubborn in feeling like I should be able to control my own brain, is just that I don't really care to be social, so it is less of an issue. Green sounds like he wants to be, and can't, which if thats the case is a different story, but for the most part I'm perfectly happy to stay at home and only interact with my wife and roommate. Feeling comfortable around people would be great, but it's not something I have much interest in.

Thank you for the concern though :). And rest assured I haven't written the idea off completely, but for the time being I'm making progress on my own and don't yet feel the need to push it further.

(And ADrawingMan, fraid I have no idea what one costs really)

Zeratanus @ 4/16/2014 11:59 commented on Big Bird

I suppose I didn't mention it in my other post, but yeah I've got nothing against therapists (In fact I love and have often studied psychology). Nothing wrong with going to a therapist at all. Except that in the case of social anxiety and such being the issue and the whole having to meet and interact with another person thing. Because that's terrifying regardless with those issues. But I strongly encourage Green and anyone else seriously contemplating harming themselves (or anyone else for that matter) to see a therapist if possible.

Zeratanus @ 4/16/2014 11:15 commented on Big Bird

I've had social anxiety induced panic attacks before, I've lost days from anxiety over some little thing or another that happened in a social setting days before that meant nothing but burrowed into my head and wouldnt let go, I actually have the inability to start conversations with people even if I know we could be great friends, and when I play games like D&D with my friends, and the attention turns to 'me', I end up just staring dumbly until something happens that I can react to, because I'm terrified of initiating anything.

My dad was yelling at me the other day because I didn't want to invite my visiting cousin to my house. Because we haven't seen each other since we were kids and I have no idea how to act around them, so it's a horrifying thought.

I don't really have any advice to help I guess, just... I donno, from what you've said it sounds like you might have it worse than me, but know that you're not the only one with these types of problems. In my case, talking about it helps some - my wife has been awesome about it, and I was going to quit going to D&D with my friends, but after talking to them about my anxiety, and hearing them say that it was okay if I felt I had to quit but that they, if not understood, wanted to support me, I've been able to go without having quite as much of a problem as I did before.

My wife has suggested I see a shrink about it but I've got a thing where I feel like I should be able to cope with my own brain, so I haven't, but I did promise if I ever started feeling suicidal I would.

Anyway, so that's my story. Good luck man :\

Zeratanus @ 3/4/2014 12:41 commented on Big Bird

Green you need to stop drinking so much. It makes me forget things~

Zeratanus @ 3/4/2014 10:02 commented on Big Bird

Woah woah woah, Green's in the same state as me?

(And yeah, Illinois has gay marriage now since a few months ago I think~ and had civil unions for a while before that)