stumlehb @ 10/9/2008 13:37 commented on tiles inspired by warcraft 1
Actually, for such a minimal cosmetic difference, I don't think I would attempt to redraw all of those tiles.  I think the carpet was also contaminated by jpg. I may have initially used some sort of filter on a shadow in the hut doorway before going over it with new pixels as well.  I don't want to limit myself to such anal prescription.  so I'm thinking that pixeljoint is not really the place for me.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for these sorts of rules; it just doesn't seem to appeal to me is all..  Thanks for the input though, I wasn't aware of the jpg rule.

stumlehb @ 10/9/2008 11:10 commented on medieval X-com Inventory Characters
interesting, I've never heard of that before,  but I can see the resemblance in the screenshots.. Now I'm wondering if it has the same kind of resource management, with a geoscape and bases and stuff.

stumlehb @ 10/9/2008 11:02 commented on Knight

I'm wondering what you mean.   I understand that the proportions are not realistic, nor were they intended to be.  Was there something else?

stumlehb @ 10/9/2008 09:55 commented on medieval X-com Inventory Characters
Yes, X-com was one of the best.  It's a shame that most games don't have that kind of depth. Have you tried the multiplayer remake? ufo2000  ..

stumlehb @ 10/9/2008 09:46 commented on tiles inspired by warcraft 1

ahh.. I never would have noticed, but you are right.  They were contaminated by jpg format. In fact, now that I have checked, I don't even have the older versions of those wall tiles any more.  The original appearance was much like the wall of the tower, which hasn't been affected by jpg contamination yet.   now that I compare them though, I think they look a little better having been contaminated, I might have to make that mistake more often for some stuff going into that project..  thanks for the tip.

Am I correct to assume that pixel art which has been affected by jpg is not allowed on the pixeljoint site?

stumlehb @ 10/8/2008 14:38 commented on Black metal men
looks sort of like zartan.

stumlehb @ 10/8/2008 13:43 commented on tiles inspired by warcraft 1

I'm assuming you mean blurred in the sense of some kind of graphic function of paint programs disqualifying something as "pixel art".   what exactly are you talking about in this image though?   I notice you say tiles plural are blurred, can you be more specific?

stumlehb @ 10/7/2008 12:07 commented on animated barbarian
I've never noticed the angle problem before, I also just now noticed that the sword appears to scrape the shoulder.  hmm.