SeDiceBisonte @ 12/1/2020 02:32 commented on Self Portrait

This is so good. The expression is brilliant. I love the subtle bit of blue/grey lighting on the right (our right) of your face. All of the shading is great, though!

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/22/2020 12:30 commented on Aino

Incredibly impressive to see how you did the hands at such a small resolution with just two colours, but all of the details read really well and, as critikill said, you've packed a lot of story into this piece. It reminds me a lot of the engravings that illustrate old books.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/22/2020 12:27 commented on Mushrooms

Yeah, that purple is really nice. I really like the overall feel of this. It's sort of creepy, but there's a warmth and charm to it as well.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/21/2020 07:59 commented on Grief

I'm also really impressed by the hands, but the whole thing is incredible. The detail in the flowers and the sky is very impressive.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/19/2020 15:13 commented on Fortress of Guaita, San Marino

Holy wow! You really can't tell that this had such interesting and strict colour limitations imposed on it because it looks so natural. I love the clusters and composition, and the shading is beautifully done. I don't think this looks harsh at all.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/19/2020 15:11 commented on From USA With Love

Cool postage stamp theme. I really like the hair in this, particularly the differene in texture between the facial hair and the rest of it.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/19/2020 15:09 commented on Solid State Mercenary

Thanks so much! I wish I'd had more time to work on it (a background would've been nice). Thanks again for the crits

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/19/2020 15:07 commented on Innocent Geisha

I love this. The very delicate rendering of the face is excellent and the way you've incorporated the red sun with the building in white in front of it is really nice. The whole composition is really nicely balanced.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/12/2020 11:59 commented on Garrett Portrait

This is really good – particularly the hair and tie. The AA is impressively subtle and effective too.

I love the canvas shape. It really adds to the sense of a story in the piece since it's presumably either representing an old-fashioned photo frame or a locket.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/10/2020 10:21 commented on clones

Great, thanks! I'm going from Wikipedia too (great resource for flags): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Puerto_Rico

I guess I could've just used the US colours but I like the vibrancy of the Puerto Rican colours and it feels more appropriate for the subject I've chosen.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/10/2020 09:30 commented on New Glasses

Super good and my new favourite out of your Petscii pieces. The texture on the jumper and the lighting on the hair are wonderful, and I love the highlight on the glasses. As always, you've imbued this with lots of personality.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/10/2020 08:12 commented on clones

I was going to do Puerto Rico but I notice it's not on the list thanks to it being an unincorporated US territory. How strict is the rule about the country having to be on that specific list?

It's not the end of the world either way. I am considering Japan as a backup.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/10/2020 06:23 commented on 1-Bit Skull

I hoped someone would pick Kazakhstan because I love the colours of their flag. I'm surprised at how well they work with this subject matter since they're quite bright and cheery. I agree with Radiolarius that the dithering is really good!

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/10/2020 06:14 commented on Dirty Boy

I got a bit of a shock when I saw this because, with everything else going on this year, I didn't realise Tim had died. It's not like I'm a huge fan (I only have Sing to God – 'Dirty Boy' is actually my favourite of their songs) but I love any artist who has the courage to follow such a bizarre, unique vision. Given how influential he was to artists in the know, I'm surprised the news flew under my radar.

As for the picture itself, I think the fact that I saw this and instantly felt sad shows that it's a good likeness. It's odd to see him with normal-sized eyes compared to the Sing to God/Odd Even covers. I think the mouth could be very slightly lower but he did have quite a large chin and, as I say, it's recognizably TIm.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/5/2020 12:59 commented on Nuclear!

Wow, another amazing piece of work! Very dynamic and with great shading on the clouds (and everywhere else). The exact colour of the buildings reminds me of the first two Fallouts, which is always a good thing.

Given the futuristic flying vehicles and the tentactles, am I right in thinking this is depicting an alien invasion or is it a war in the distant future?

Also, is the playground spring horse (Wikipedia says they're called 'spring riders' apparently) a reference to Terminator 2?

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/4/2020 13:35 commented on RIP Sir Sean

Very poignant given how recently he passed. I like the way you've used the palette. Did you deliberately set out to barely use the skin tones on the actual skin? It works well and there's a good likeness overall.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/4/2020 13:32 commented on Neonix *unfinished

Woo, new critikill pieces! Loads of impressive stuff here, but the belt across the chest really does it for me. It looks so much like leather. Nice composition too. The vertical canvas works really well, especially with the top hat.

The face looks great too, but I feel like that's a given with your work

I agree with Quiara about the background being a little busy but are you intending to continue this beyond the current frame? I think that in itself would also help (plus I'd love to see what you come up with for a full background), although I agree with what she's said for the current version.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 15:59 commented on A week of Octobit and PD

Really good, distinctive characters. I particularly like the coloured lighting on the two leftmost ones on the bottom row. Four-armed waitress is my favourite for her cool pose and outfit, but I do enjoy how dynamic the dancer is. The demon-angel is a really neat idea.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 15:55 commented on Halloween 2020

Really great and creative work. Anywhere I can see something that looks like a reference (e.g. Giger with the trunk monster above 'ween' and possibly a garkain from The Witcher to his right), it's still imbued with so much of your style that it's unmistakable, and this comes across as a really original and impressively diverse set of monsters.

They're all so good that it's impossible to pick a favourite!

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 15:36 commented on haunting on the horizon

Very nice. This looks fairly innocuous but don't think I didn't spot the ghostly (and possibly flaming) skull rising over the right part of the roof. I really like that this is a great picture of a church that just has that subliminal little creepy detail in it. It also reflects the towers very nicely.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 10:17 commented on Corrupted

Incredible work! I particularly love the chunkiness of the hand. It has such a great shape. Everything about this is remarkable though.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 07:34 commented on Nutty Nutpecker

Very funny! Great idea to set it to top speed

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 07:30 commented on Tecno-Cráneo 2020

Cool piece and a very good update.The new palette is very nice and this has a really good aesthetic overall.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 07:29 commented on Two Frame Bat

Wow, super nice work! I love the use of purple and the shading on the wings is beautiful.

SeDiceBisonte @ 11/3/2020 07:25 commented on Bat 2 Frame Action

I am also unsure about the white outline, which I think makes it harder to read at 1x. That said, it's a really cute bat and the flapping looks great with just two frames.