Quiara @ 2/26/2021 15:35 commented on Untitled Page

OK, you are now low-key my favorite artist on this entire sight.

Quiara @ 2/23/2021 20:57 commented on The Boys- Billy Butcher Pixel Portrait

YO. Loving the color choices, but this piece could totally stand on its own in 1-bit imo. Only thing here I'm not so cool on is the the dithering is a bit too distracting with the big difference in values there.

Quiara @ 2/23/2021 20:55 commented on self portrait

Weird-ass piece (which I mean in the nicest way possible) - obsessed with the beguiling pattern in the background there. Looks kinda like something from a PS1 game, if that makes sense?

Quiara @ 2/23/2021 10:26 commented on CROCO

Oh, this is really cool - I've been reading up on Intellivision specs and this is up there with the greatest art made for the console.

Quiara @ 2/23/2021 10:24 commented on Ninja Link

Oh, this one looks great (maybe even better than your "legit" entry?) - I LOVE those clean clean shadows, and the use of grey to bind the palette together

Quiara @ 2/23/2021 10:23 commented on Golem Metal Link

Big Mega Man 8 vibes on this one - deliberate or nah?

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 22:48 commented on Big Boy Link

My visceral discomfort looking at this piece cannot be understated. I love it.

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 22:44 commented on The Gate

Looks pretty good! The only thing here I don't quite get is what's going on with the antialiasing here - the grey isn't different enough in value for there to be enough contrast, so it just kinda looks like artifacting rather than smoothing out the figure/foliage. I do, however, like the variety of textures in the piece - the dithered dirt vs the soft curls of the clouds vs the implied leaves of the bushes.

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 22:42 commented on McBean

The reflection of the gunfire in the bean's shades is very cool!

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 22:40 commented on Sonic Sunset

Hi there Izzy - welcome to PJ. I, um, don't get what's going on with this piece - I'm assuming there's supposed to be an animation of Sonic running, but you've only uploaded the preview image of the piece - and the piece itself seems to be a silhouette overlaid onto a background which doesn't seem to be pixel art? So something appears to have gone wrong with the upload - can you edit the piece and upload the gif you made as the "detail file" ?

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 16:41 commented on squirrel avatar

Major gratz to Gravista for the double placement!

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 16:39 commented on petsciimon stalenhag

WAY cool, particularly considering what a pain in the ass Petscii can be when you use a light color as the BG color

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 16:39 commented on D'oh!!

Totally in love with 1) that font 2) that little twitch upwards before he cringes

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 16:29 commented on Plasma Fist

Hey, this is VERY COOL - I love how obvious it is that little pixel dude is falling down. I'm not sure you can make this sprite any smaller and keep it this clean - grats!

Quiara @ 2/22/2021 16:26 commented on Pokemon Gen 1

It's sort of fun to compare and contrast these with the 8x8 Pokemons in this piece, and see the different approach. One thing that definitely stands out is that the colors here are kind of desaturated? There's also a little less emphasis of the "spikiness" on mons like Jolteon, I think. These are quite cute, though.

So yeah, welcome to PJ! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Quiara @ 2/16/2021 09:49 commented on Keith Haring

This piece is a favorite of mine and I didn't realize you never uploaded it here! The minimal palette helps to emphasize your scrummy use of ""dither smears"

Quiara @ 2/14/2021 19:48 commented on Shocked

Ha, I knew this was you before I clicked on it. ;) Love this little guy's expression!

Quiara @ 2/3/2021 21:28 commented on Factory New Man

Hey, welcome to PJ! I really like this piece - the silhouette is obviously super strong, but there's nice detail both on the robotic guy on the right and the, er, techno wall? Idk what to call it.

Quiara @ 2/2/2021 21:44 commented on Princess Leia

It's actually gross that I'll need to pick only three of these. :(

Quiara @ 2/1/2021 23:41 commented on Nothing to see here...

"Death goes shopping"

I love it!!

Quiara @ 1/31/2021 22:43 commented on Portrait of the Artist as Ravenous Beast

Whew! It's rare to get anything good out of a palette like this, but this looks awesome.

Quiara @ 1/26/2021 13:41 commented on This MF

Hm, well, there are a couple specialized programs for it: Marq's Petscii editor seems to be the consensus favorite, but I personally use Petscii Cola. PJ's very own ptoing has put together this very neat primer for C64 stuff which has links to both at the bottom, as well as some examples of the various styles that Petscii can accomodate.

Unlike in mcol mode where you want to use a midtone (usually grey) as your background color, I'd estimate that 80% of Petscii pieces (including this one) use black as the background color, and most of the remainder probably use white. There are exceptions though. This piece of mine uses light yellow; this piece uses dark blue. This piece by Electric uses the red midtone and looks a little funky as a result.

Quiara @ 1/25/2021 22:47 commented on Pseudo legendary Pokemon

DEFINITELY Dragapult - look at that cool triangular head. It took a while for Game Freak to finally make one of these that actually looked cool. :V

Quiara @ 1/25/2021 22:41 commented on Explosion

Holy crap this looks cool - the "shrapnel" sort of lingering a little bit is a really nice touch.

Quiara @ 1/25/2021 22:39 commented on NG Pixel Day Tankmen

Man, I miss Newgrounds. :( The only thing that's standing out in a bad way here is what the legs are up to - he's sort of leaning back, but the legs seem to be standing rigid?