robnoyce @ 3/10/2016 07:20 commented on Find Waldo

Wonderful, brings to mind Hieronymous Bosch for me.

robnoyce @ 2/21/2016 07:18 commented on MSX forest

Always impressive to see something so glorious created from a strict ruleset.

robnoyce @ 2/21/2016 04:30 commented on Gremmings

Haha, good point nhilker! Thanks for all your comments/likes peeps!

robnoyce @ 2/19/2016 03:23 commented on Perils of the Dark Heart

You have such a wonderful distinctive look to your work Mrmo.

robnoyce @ 2/17/2016 09:08 commented on Bad Eggs

Wow, you really make the C64 palette sing! Gorgeous stuff.

robnoyce @ 2/10/2016 02:19 commented on Knight and Daemon

Thanks for the comments. That's a nice edit andy, thanks! The whole project started with a collection of 5 colour coded monster sprites which I rattled through in a fit of excitement! I'll be revisiting them for sure before animating. Just goes to show there is always room to improve something!

robnoyce @ 6/23/2013 13:50 commented on Grishkin

This is an amazing piece cure. The use of colour is magnificent!

robnoyce @ 5/30/2013 05:52 commented on Super Mario Wasteland

Thanks all, turns out it's actually 11 colours, That's what I get for doing most of my work in Photoshop and not checking it before posting!

robnoyce @ 8/26/2011 05:00 commented on Lisbeth and Rattlesnake

This is lovely. Nice character and excellent composition.

robnoyce @ 8/26/2011 04:56 commented on The Summoning

Marvellous. Lots of strong entries already for this challenge.

robnoyce @ 7/28/2011 02:38 commented on Nyan Nyan

Love the clever technique mate. It's still hurting my brain trying to work it out now! :)

robnoyce @ 7/28/2011 02:21 commented on LepreCAN, LepreCAN'T!

Thanks for all your nice comments everyone!

robnoyce @ 7/1/2011 04:02 commented on The Swordstick Gentry...

Super! so much charm from so few pixels.

robnoyce @ 3/17/2011 15:19 commented on Billy Ray Gunn

All my pixel animation is done in Promotion 4.7 mate.

robnoyce @ 3/14/2011 03:54 commented on Gwaed Diafol (Blood Devil)

Haha, unbelievably no! This was supposed to be a simple thing to test out GameMaker and see what I could do with it! I ended up just focusing on the mockup instead!

robnoyce @ 3/12/2011 05:01 commented on Gwaed Diafol (Blood Devil)

I am indeed a welshy mate! The mockup is all hand assembly. I tend to animate my character loops, get over-excited and then formulate some rudimentary backdrops and other details and put it all together.

robnoyce @ 3/10/2011 06:28 commented on Gwaed Diafol (Blood Devil)

The clouds are a fair bit faster than the other layers. This was mainly because I had a lot of  force in the animation hitting the characters hair and shroud like there was a lot of wind or he was travelling at speed.

I wanted something in the environment to reflect this but do accept it may jar with the other layers of parallax (I should have just had the environment travelling quickly as if at speed but don't think this will be true to how it would be in-game!). Thanks for the comments! :)

robnoyce @ 3/9/2011 15:15 commented on Gwaed Diafol (Blood Devil)

Hehe, I rarely use anything else for animating pixels but my default state is to abuse the software I love the most sorry!

robnoyce @ 2/22/2011 18:07 commented on Pancake VICTORY!

What a jolly little fellow! I like it.

robnoyce @ 2/21/2011 18:23 commented on Cylon

hehe, cool as! like it.

robnoyce @ 10/12/2010 02:46 commented on G TV Comedy Alien

Absolutely marvellous. The timing and sense of weight is completely brilliant. So much character!

robnoyce @ 9/9/2010 02:37 commented on Dress Sense

Aye, I thought if he was static it would be a bit too lifeless. Part of the problem here is that anim becomes a bit more 'idle' like at the proper frame rate. I had such a nightmare getting it to display once I was too afraid to correct the framerate and submit it again.

I went through a couple of iterations of the idle animation and (believe it or not!) this was the best one that served my purposes to finish the challenge in time (I didn't want too many frames in it as I wanted to pixel each outfit piece on top of the naked idle)

The full animation is playing at the speed I intended but I do take your point. Even then its a bit wobbly (and "for animations sake" could certainly be my mantra, I am guilty of that quite often :)  )

Anyway, Thanks for your comments one and all!

robnoyce @ 9/6/2010 12:37 commented on Running Bro of Wonder

All your stuff is marvellous. A pleasure to behold.

robnoyce @ 9/5/2010 11:23 commented on Dress Sense

Ok, finally got this working.. Had to severly trim it down in the end (from 470 frames to 90 or so!)

Still.. Lesson learned! Try to be a fancy smart ass with 400 frames and you get what you deserve! :)

robnoyce @ 9/5/2010 11:10 commented on Dress Sense

Just got it down to 3 meg but still no joy. My own fault! Got carried away with this one.