d9nis @ 6/18/2017 12:58 commented on summer

so kawaïïïï xD

d9nis @ 5/12/2017 11:17 commented on "A Demain" Project

Great concept and idea!

Graphic are beautiful as well!

Do you plan to release the game as a free software?

d9nis @ 11/17/2016 12:43 commented on Silicon Creature

OMG NO! XD

d9nis @ 11/16/2016 10:16 commented on Lost and in love in space

If you close up you can see a spaceman with an heart beside him. Some stars and "lost".

Well the picture is way too small and there is way too much thing in this for a pleasant readability.

d9nis @ 11/16/2016 10:14 commented on Dragon Based Avatar

Not bad, but you should considere using a real pixelart software, like Grafx2 :)

d9nis @ 11/14/2016 02:09 commented on in a dream

Love the topic! I do not see any flaw except it's maybe a little too dark!

Good job!

d9nis @ 11/14/2016 02:05 commented on Mountain Landscape

Really my kind of subject and ambience, love it!

d9nis @ 11/13/2016 05:38 commented on An Old Tale - a Protector

@spookydog21

How are you going to achieve something on window 10?

If you don't know which software to pick, I personnally recommend Grafx2: Open-Source, light, lot of pixelart features and specifically designed for this kind of stuff. It is also cross-plateform, so it should run under win10

d9nis @ 11/13/2016 04:36 commented on An Old Tale - a Protector

Most of time peoples are using Grafx2

If you're into retro hardware one may want to use Deluxe Paint II which is quite similar to Grafx2 but running under MS-DOS.

d9nis @ 11/13/2016 00:37 commented on Lantern Ceremony

I went to a ceremony lantern for a wedding and an end of trance festival. It was awesome!

The shading of light reflection work really well but in order to do some realistic stuff you may know that the reflection is always under the moon and not aside. I get what you tried to achieve by displace the reflection but it's wrong.

Check out google image with "moon sea" and you will see that reflection is always just under the moon.

Also the grass need improvement to me. First you cool AA the top of the grass with the rest of the scene. Also you may want to avoid banding effect on the grass. There again contrast is way too low. I'm sure there is a way to manage this a better way.

d9nis @ 11/12/2016 12:19 commented on Le Voyageur

Thank you very much!

Indeed my works are almost about dreaming and surreal!

d9nis @ 11/12/2016 04:52 commented on The Last Guardian

Woa man, the reflection of fire on the armor is impressive, the whole animation is also super cool! :)

d9nis @ 11/12/2016 04:47 commented on The Tower Connection

Yeah!

Huge improvement in the colors set! The general drawing is quite good too!

Really well done! Congratulation!

d9nis @ 11/11/2016 16:09 commented on Golem

Hey!! Really nice first attempt, congratulation, nice drawing! You're doing very vell!

d9nis @ 11/11/2016 09:01 commented on Rocks

The colors are wonderful!

d9nis @ 11/11/2016 07:28 commented on Golem

Hey :)

It immediately recall me GiTS Innocence, the scene where Kusanagi setting up letters to write aemeth. It was a reference to grimm tall if i remember correctly.

Technically speaking, on this kind of challenge with so few colors, to me,  it's more about drawing technique than real pixelarting, even if the work must be 100x100. That's why I choose to drew something with a tablet and then apply some pixelart effet, like AA and cleaning.

Look's like you get how to use dithering and AA so good point, the global light look's good :)

I'm less convinced by the drawing. I already tolds that to an another member of PJ but to me it's really difficult to achieve good pixelart without knowing how to draw. A common mistake is to make pixelart without practicing hand drawing.

My advice to you is to keep working your pixel art skillz as well as your hand drawing skillz.

Keep it up! ;)

d9nis @ 11/11/2016 07:01 commented on Silicon Creature

Hi Manupix, it's not specular, it's the light from the eye!

d9nis @ 11/11/2016 05:10 commented on Demon slyme

Something's wrong with the picture. Did you reduce the size with some kind of interpolation? Antia-aliasing look's strange...

d9nis @ 11/7/2016 03:15 commented on Los Muertos Hacker

Interesting palette. Too bad you applied dithering in some place but none in other part of the picture. It give a look that the work isn't complete.

Light exposure is nice by the way. It's rare to setup light this way!

Did you use a reference picture?

d9nis @ 11/6/2016 10:51 commented on Pixelated Skull

Yep :)

The jaw doesn't look good to me, as well as the eye orbit. Also the top of the skull give a strange shape to the whole object ihmo.

d9nis @ 11/6/2016 04:57 commented on The Blacksmith

Indeed there is way too much color, but as I said other work of you, you are truly animation skilled! Also, general drawing isn't bad!

d9nis @ 11/6/2016 04:54 commented on The Dome

Hi

I feel a real effort into the animation! Too bad shading is jagged :(.

Ihmo:

• stars could be brighter
  • you could use massively AA
  • Hair isn't shaded convincely
  • There is a banding effect in the sky instead of real gradient
  • You have a too much color for what you've done with.

Anyway, very good composition and sense of detail, so keep it up!

d9nis @ 11/6/2016 02:32 commented on w0914-0

Brilliant!

d9nis @ 11/6/2016 02:31 commented on a1114-0

So Vaporwave! :D

d9nis @ 11/6/2016 01:18 commented on The Sacred Sword

Nice scene! But as I previously stated in your shadow-of-colossus-inspired-work you really should do something about the washed out aspect. The triforce is almost invisible! :(