Helm @ 8/10/2018 05:14 commented on Rincewind, Twoflower, Luggage, Imp and Kring

Love the piece. You've grown so much over the years, keep on keeping on!

Helm @ 1/21/2018 06:50 commented on William Blake's Ghost of a Flea turned into a Shin Megami Tensei boss sprite

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, Adam, I don't really care about any of that.

Helm @ 1/15/2018 19:12 commented on William Blake's Ghost of a Flea turned into a Shin Megami Tensei boss sprite

Thank you, ILKke!

The reason I didn't do the shooting star as in the original is that I didn't want to use the brighter range of the palette for the halo of the star, I wanted it to be more backdrop.

Helm @ 1/15/2018 17:19 commented on William Blake's Ghost of a Flea turned into a Shin Megami Tensei boss sprite

Thanks, Faherya. Video linked in description now.

Helm @ 11/2/2017 06:33 commented on The Mummy Demastered

Stunning work. Well done!

Helm @ 10/15/2017 10:03 commented on Death Walks

Thank youu iLKke! Means a lot.

Helm @ 12/1/2016 02:06 commented on More Go Pogo concrete design

TRUEvector, you could play a game called GO POGO on your smartphone, it's free, if you want to see these elements arranged better.

Helm @ 11/29/2016 08:10 commented on Swamp mockup

I agree there's priority concerns, absolutely. Remapping would help, as would spreading out a lot of the foreground masked objects and the like. This is a very condensed mockup and I didn't really feel like fishing for the original layers to make one that would breathe. Just by taking away the foreground black leaves and most of the stumps etc at the bottom of the screen one would understand what's going on much better. Doesn't solve that those middle layer trees are too saturated and share too much space with the actual game character and his platforms, though.

A very thorough readressing of the colors allotted to different layers would be needed.

Helm @ 11/29/2016 04:21 commented on Cancelled shooter game gfx

Macaroni: hard to tell, truly. I wouldn't expect it to have much effect on clean crisp modern monitors, but hard to tell without actually trying it.

Helm @ 11/27/2016 06:35 commented on Under a Prairie Sky

Beautiful work.

Helm @ 11/26/2016 10:30 commented on Valley backdrop.

Here's some forbidden opacity layers

Helm @ 11/21/2016 04:11 commented on Bump Battle Royale portraits

Mia was out of Nitrome at that point.

Helm @ 10/14/2016 09:43 commented on Star Witch

Nope, showtime, but I love that poster now that I've seen it.

Helm @ 7/24/2016 05:39 commented on Elven house

Very beautiful. Well done

Helm @ 4/27/2016 08:57 commented on KITTY EMPIRE

Dithering in the trousers: that's when Pixelation was experimenting with 'interlace dithering' and other such concepts.

Helm @ 4/27/2016 08:57 commented on KITTY EMPIRE

Thank you for the kind words.

Carrion, perhaps? It's been a long time. Everything I draw has electric blue and purple shadows so it's all like c64 in a way.

Helm @ 3/7/2016 04:01 commented on Flora Fauna

Thank you very much.

Helm @ 2/24/2016 02:37 commented on Der Okkult Tilemap

No, I didn't (it's a png as far as I can tell). This is also close to ten years old. Please don't call people cunts.

Helm @ 2/20/2016 03:10 commented on Knight

Lovely

Helm @ 2/16/2016 04:27 commented on Icebreaker Viking mini

No worries, I just realized I'd been working in Nitrome for 3 years almost and hadn't shown anything.

Helm @ 2/15/2016 09:54 commented on Vault Intro Animation

Well, at least I *tried* to reupload them, not sure if they're going to show up.

Helm @ 2/15/2016 09:54 commented on Vault Intro Animation

Done and done. Thanks.

Helm @ 2/15/2016 09:12 commented on Vault Intro Animation

It's the same fps (30), I don't know what the difference is between pro motion and browser interpretation of that speed!

Helm @ 2/13/2016 13:55 commented on Panic Bot Tank

That wasn't intentional, no. :)

Helm @ 2/13/2016 13:55 commented on Happy Silly Sausage

TheInquisitor I agree on comedic timing. It's mostly an issue of playback speed difference between browser and pro motion (where it runs slower).