amberMechanic @ 5/24/2022 05:18 commented on Town

This is really great! It absolutely captures the feeling of a little island of landscape just catching the evening light through a little gap in the clouds.Wonderful colour choice and the atmospheric perspective on the background andscape works so well.

amberMechanic @ 5/8/2022 06:24 commented on Malaraek

Wonderful! It's so minimal in terms of materials but beautifully rendered. I especially love the almost invisible red  fill light on the panels that just makes them pop in 3D.

amberMechanic @ 3/25/2022 09:38 commented on The Path Ahead

@gawrone I'm always happy to hear artists talking about what art means to them. Much appreciate the kind words of encouragement also.

amberMechanic @ 3/24/2022 12:40 commented on The Path Ahead

@gawrone I don't know if the clouds are exactly accurate (I mean, they definitely aren't) but I wanted to capture that thing where the sun is directly behind the clouds and it shines through in a width band around the edges.

amberMechanic @ 3/24/2022 12:34 commented on The Path Ahead

@redmilion Thanks very much!

amberMechanic @ 3/24/2022 12:34 commented on The Path Ahead

@bluexel The lighting's kind of fun to do, but its behind everything so it's all in silhouette!

amberMechanic @ 3/24/2022 12:32 commented on The Path Ahead

@8Nephila8 Glad you enjoyed it!

amberMechanic @ 3/24/2022 12:32 commented on The Path Ahead

@b236 Thanks. Love having a go at aerial perspective every now and then.

amberMechanic @ 2/26/2022 11:58 commented on Future Melancholy and Big Swirly Stuff

@vrine The clouds ended up a big swirl of abstract stuff and they were very fun to do.

amberMechanic @ 2/26/2022 11:57 commented on Future Melancholy and Big Swirly Stuff

@b236 Thanks!

amberMechanic @ 2/26/2022 00:07 commented on Head Study

@Wayuki Oh, sorry! Yes, I'm definitely trying to be a little more varied with my colour palette. Before this  I'd fallen into just making my flesh tones just multiple shades of brown with minor variations on the ramp. Thanks!

amberMechanic @ 2/25/2022 18:00 commented on Head Study

@Wayuki The green was literally a color layer in aseprite but it looked so good I decided to go with it in the preview image. I always like to play about with tinting the image. It's probably not the best way to do it and I'd be better off picking a palette and sticking with it, but I do like it.

amberMechanic @ 2/25/2022 17:56 commented on Head Study

@Recilz Yes, I'm still surprised how much of that you can get into a few pixels just by moving them about until it looks right.

amberMechanic @ 2/18/2022 16:11 commented on Head Study

@b236 I know, she's definitely not happy.

amberMechanic @ 1/29/2022 14:53 commented on Inside The Positronic Brain

@karakenio Thanks. I put quite a bit of time into this one.

amberMechanic @ 1/29/2022 14:51 commented on Interceptors

@Wayuki Thanks. I'm quite happy with how the main character is standing out against the clouds. It was a happy accident that it worked out that way.

amberMechanic @ 1/29/2022 14:46 commented on Interceptors

@Mathias  Yeah the orange is a quite blatent - here is the focus of my composition, isn't it?

amberMechanic @ 1/17/2022 18:19 commented on Interceptors

@QueenKami Glad you like it! Trying to create a specific light effect was really helpful. I think these are my best pixel clouds so far.

amberMechanic @ 1/16/2022 18:31 commented on Interceptors

@vrine Thanks. Quite enjoying getting the gradients looking smooth with a limited palette. It's very satisfying when it works.

amberMechanic @ 1/16/2022 18:28 commented on Interceptors

@b236

amberMechanic @ 1/16/2022 06:07 commented on Interceptors

@yuanhai Thanks! Sometimes my clouds can be a little cut-out looking but I was rather happy with these ones.

amberMechanic @ 12/20/2021 09:48 commented on Nature Magic

@philippejugnet thanks!

amberMechanic @ 12/13/2021 08:55 commented on Nature Magic

@Wayuki I'll all for hiding weird bits of detail in pixelart like the background figures. I always think there's more I can do though.

amberMechanic @ 12/13/2021 08:52 commented on Nature Magic

@EEgor So glad you like it!

amberMechanic @ 12/13/2021 08:51 commented on Nature Magic

@b236 It's really a whole lot of stuff I wanted to try out and I was lucky I could make it into all work together. It's sort of like a scratchpad file which became a piece.