JoshFTW @ 7/15/2009 11:45 commented on "Twitter messages"

I like everything but the repetitive use of the same people who only have minor changes applied. it could be made to be alot better if you simple changed the colours of both hair and clothes of the repeated characters. But that's my only issue with this piece, all else simply rocks :)

JoshFTW @ 7/15/2009 11:42 commented on O' Crap!

*giggle* @ comment below.

I like this image in most ways, but I'm not very fond of the mono-brow..

I find the shading style interesting, its like blocky dithering-ish.. and I like the text saying O' crap too.

JoshFTW @ 7/15/2009 10:55 commented on My Stars Iso Mock-up (basic)

Cute. :)

I just think the girl's hair is way to big...

JoshFTW @ 7/14/2009 00:58 commented on stuff.

Kudos on the Serj Tankian!

JoshFTW @ 7/14/2009 00:50 commented on Angel

The clouds were fairly rushed when I did it, but I can see why you'd think it's a colour reduction.

I could revise the clouds if you wish, but I mainly went for a totally different style (i.e. dithering) to separate the background from the character itself. If you think I should have done a more blocky detailing style to match the character, do say so, I'd be willing to do that. I just used it as a practice to get better.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 23:52 commented on Whats in a tear?

Simply amazing.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 23:42 commented on A Green Guy.

Well fair play then! Keep up the good work! :D

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 23:40 commented on Woman fighter

Backgrounds are made to serve a purpose, if the colour around it doesn't then it's generally best to make it transparent. Try http://www.iaza.com :)

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 23:35 commented on Angel

Quite awkward really, but on a photo that still remains on my phone from outside my window.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 17:17 commented on WTFlamingo!

I love the creativeness behind this, good job of working with the magenta shandes.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 16:57 commented on Woman fighter

Getting there but it looks very small to me, I's also suggest changing to outlines to be a very dark shade of the corresponding colour inside. Oh, and make the background transparent please! good luck getting better.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 16:56 commented on Purple Sword

My comments:

1: Make the background transparent, as said already.

2: Make the shine brighter, as it is now I only noticed it because it was mentioned by Randommonkies.

3: remove the 'pallette' at the top left in the final image, I only really see the point of having them when showing a WIP.

4:  The shading's great btw, I love the 'stripes' that go across the sword. overall good job, just a few minor tweaks and it'll be great. Please make more in this style, like a magical rod and other weapons for example!

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 16:52 commented on A Green Guy.

I question why he is green, but it is however a good piece of pixel art in my opinion. Great expression, btw!

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 16:50 commented on Peon

In my opinion it's a shame the face is so bland, as the rest of the body has some nice intricate features and the face with it's eyes and bareness doesnt fit in at all. The hair looks good though!

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 16:48 commented on optimus prime

Almost sisnister appearance due to the use of shading there, good job!

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 16:46 commented on My logo

Nice sleek web2.0 feeling there, but I'd suggest using some Anti-Aliasing on the 'A' of  the word Addolf.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 16:45 commented on Future City

Simple but nice!

I have an issue but a picture tells a thousand words... usually. :)   Click Here to see what I think isn't quite right.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 02:27 commented on SotR!

I Love it!

I used to endlessly play on my old retro gameboy, be it pokémon, donkey kong whatever. This looks like it would have been absolutely great fun, and graphically impressive considering the pallette limitations.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 02:26 commented on Jackson5Michael

Good job there, but I don't understand why the image has been cut off at the edges, were you working to a specific canvas size or not? Either way, good job.           (and RIP MJ)

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 02:10 commented on Dragon Portrait

Simply amazing! I've always like dragons but never been good at drawing them myself, this is just simply amazing.

5/5 +fav.

JoshFTW @ 7/13/2009 02:07 commented on Unknown horror (workname Albert S***teeth)

Woah, interesting! Looks like some splattered demon that still seems to have life in it or something. I like the pink/purple colour!

JoshFTW @ 7/12/2009 14:02 commented on Dialog Portrait

I LOVE the shading in the hair, very inspirational!

JoshFTW @ 7/12/2009 11:34 commented on ULTRAMANS

Ontopic:

Cool, I like the way you have made a few of them very different from eachother converying eachone with thier own character. Better than stormtroopers, although they are meant to be clones, so what can I say? :)

Offtopic:

Wrong?
I've always called them 'Pokémon' as a plural. meh.

JoshFTW @ 7/12/2009 11:27 commented on Cake

Cakes FTW, but I'm afraid this is the first piece of your art that hasn't appealed to me.

The anti-aliasing remains where colour comes over the top of the word, and this makes it appear like there are light grey 'speckles' appearing, the image appears very flat, and the colouring itself looks, well, I'll be blunt; vomit-inducing. I know you can do much better, maybe have a 'take-two' version? Maybe do the cliché graffiti design with flames, except the flames are animated? This could also make good use of masking in say, programs like Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks. I just use MSPaint as it's more 'pure' for pixelart.

Good luck with your next piece Snowcone! :)

JoshFTW @ 7/12/2009 11:21 commented on Multi Purp Toon

Well, like said in the description, for first attempt animating, not bad at all; but I would have re-drawn areas rather than using some form of selection tool to just move things, as the method you used makes the animation very jerky and un-natural... but very nice, nonetheless! :D