Manupix @ 7/2/2018 14:00 commented on NPCS!!! (2005, Douketsu Monogatari style study)

=(

Manupix @ 4/18/2018 07:55 commented on Dragonfly

Possibly a frame delay browser issue: what value did you use? 0.01" isn't good. 0.02" should be safe.

Manupix @ 4/3/2018 03:08 commented on Ninja Shark

As far as I understand these things (very little), this phrasing is industry standard. I agree it sounds bad, and probably worse than it actually is in practice.

I believe 5 applies to use of the submitted design on the website and iterations thereof; and in the unlikely case a design is selected for printing, all necessary appearances of it on their and affiliated websites, promotional material, actual transmission to third-party printers, and all other necessary stuff to print, promote and sell the products.

6 only applies to whatever information you choose to pass on in case of, for instance, interview of the challenge winner. Other than that, I don't think it goes much further than displaying your profile.

10 seems OK to me, even the 25c hard limit on royalties. This lower limit only applies to very low sales (item sold 5$ or less), more about this here (as far as I know this is currently valid, but I know nothing). In practice the min royaly is 1$ for any item sold above 10$. Whenever an item is sold at full price ( = not during a sale), the full royaly applies.

There has been discussion on the forums about this, as sales happen quite frequently, buyers tend to wait for them and some artists weren't too happy about it.

To clarify, only one challenge winner takes the 1000$ prize in addition to any royalies on sales; other challenge submissions may be chosen for print and will be paid relevant royaltiies.

In any case, the chances of win and/or print are quite low. Use the opportunity as an artistic challenge!

Manupix @ 2/15/2018 12:37 commented on Big Bird

Fun fact #2: pixelart resolution has been shown to be potentially infinite (Helm et al., 2009)

Manupix @ 2/5/2018 11:43 commented on Gift

Cute and nicely done!

This could benefit from a bit longer delays for the girl before the gift (standing) and after (sitting, she might look down too); also some bounce when she falls back.

Ground colors are distracting and unnecessary.

Manupix @ 1/20/2018 09:26 commented on Featherfall

Lovely work!

Took me a while to get the face though, readability might improve a bit. Tweaking the outline should probably do, so that mouth and/or nose become more obvious. Also she might need some hint of a ribcage.

Manupix @ 1/16/2018 15:45 commented on Wartoise

Much better than expected from the preview!

Manupix @ 1/16/2018 03:39 commented on Yin & Yang Heart

I just noticed this in the queue after the challenge ended. I'm not a mod, in case you wondered ;)

Good luck next time!

Manupix @ 1/15/2018 09:11 commented on Yin & Yang Heart

Sorry but that's 10 colors. Probably why it wasn't approved in the challenge :(

Manupix @ 1/12/2018 06:54 commented on The Corrupted

Yes you can edit it, just click the pencil icon. Since it's a challenge piece, you're not supposed to edit it after the deadline, but you also may do it after the vote has ended.

Manupix @ 1/4/2018 15:53 commented on Kingpin Characters

I don't know about worth, only that one of these things is more likely than the other =D

Manupix @ 1/4/2018 14:23 commented on Kingpin Characters

One color, Two challenges

Manupix @ 1/3/2018 19:12 commented on Fary tales for kids

Previews over 10 kB don't show on PJ front page
You might remove a few frames from it (also it's spelled Review ?!)

Nice piece, all the good work shows up!

About the process: if you saved work stages and put them up into a gif, you must host it somewhere like imgur, then insert a smiley in your description or comment, then right-click smiley and change url to gif url.

Manupix @ 12/28/2017 12:02 commented on Hyper Universe Characters

Top-notch pixels

Manupix @ 12/28/2017 11:55 commented on Bacon

The preview doesn't do this justice

Manupix @ 12/20/2017 02:19 commented on Big Bird

Looks like it's been fixed (thanks), even after a refresh.

There's a slight new bug though: opening an artist gallery shows the faves tab for a second before switching to gallery.

Manupix @ 12/18/2017 08:49 commented on Big Bird

Everything works fine for me. Fx 57 on PC (W7), Adblock+, NoScript.

Manupix @ 7/12/2017 15:24 commented on Big Bird

So Adarias left

Manupix @ 6/18/2017 13:18 commented on Big Bird

Hot, long, boring election day. Perfect for temper flare-ups! ;)

Manupix @ 6/17/2017 12:55 commented on Big Bird

I'm pretty upset by what I'm reading in this here chatterbox. You disappoint, PJ.

Manupix @ 4/21/2017 03:41 commented on Lullaby

Welcome back! =D

Amazing scene!

Agree that it needs polishing ;)
The cloud textures are too noisy, and the dragon too smooth, makes for wrong visual priorities.

Manupix @ 4/15/2017 09:37 commented on Nice Lolita

Thanks :) and correct :(

It is hard, but also I've never really taken the trouble to seriously design for shirts. In fact I just don't care enough for shirt design. But I loved the experience and community, although it's just a pale shadow of its former self now. Thanks, social media and POD sites ;_;

Manupix @ 4/15/2017 03:13 commented on Nice Lolita

Good question! There isn't any proprer PA challenge in the past challenges page (but older challenges are not linked there), the closest would be the Video games that don't exist challenge (winner was not PA). There used to be a few PA community challenges, can't be arsed to look for them deep into the forums. I don't think anything from them got printed anyway.

Here and there are some PA designs currently in the catalog (what cure said lol).

I do remember some good pixel stuff, including at least one old printed isometric design, but I can't remember the artists names or design titles so I can't find them. Will post if I do.

Manupix @ 4/14/2017 13:09 commented on Nice Lolita

Haha quite a possibility, unless we blow their minds =D

Also thanks to whoever corrected the tilte tpyo!

Manupix @ 4/14/2017 07:09 commented on Big Bird

One thing that does change on the interwebs: ffffound wil close down forever next month.