Retronator @ 9/3/2018 05:27 commented on Cliff Sunset

Parker: That's a good point, I don't like that either. When I do a revision, I'll see if I can sneak the brighter colors in there without making the top edge stand out too much.

Thanks to all!

Retronator @ 9/2/2018 15:42 commented on new ship

This is wonderful!

Might be presented even better if you make the background transparent since PJ already has grey background (like you did with the thumb).

Retronator @ 8/26/2018 11:05 commented on Tiny landscapes triptych

Thank you!

Retronator @ 8/7/2018 09:10 commented on Retronator HQ art studio

Thanks! I'm happy with how they look in the game, looking forward to illustrating more of the scenes.

Retronator @ 4/12/2018 02:39 commented on LostWinds

I'm very fond of the composition as well, so dynamic. Lovely colors and art style too. Big thumbs up!

Retronator @ 9/25/2017 13:16 commented on Pixelberry Pi

Yeah, it's the 3 Model B V1.2 from 2015.

Retronator @ 9/8/2017 10:31 commented on Pixelberry Pi

Thank you! If I didn't make any mistakes, all resistors/capacitors should be in place even.

Retronator @ 6/14/2017 00:54 commented on Wyldstyle

Thanks Ed!

Retronator @ 11/14/2016 08:29 commented on octobit2016 09

I love the feeling of this one!

Retronator @ 5/20/2016 commented on The little witch

Oh, this is cool! Old school dithering, yay, and a bold palette, I like it!

Retronator @ 8/26/2015 14:42 commented on German warmachine

This is so well done!

Retronator @ 8/25/2015 14:32 commented on ZX Cosmopolis

Are you talking about this? It's only 1 meter, but yeah.

Retronator @ 8/15/2015 12:55 commented on GURL

Awesome anatomy style too!

Retronator @ 8/13/2015 14:02 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

Thanks everyone, I will definitely put special attention to the color palette on the characters on the next pass!

Retronator @ 8/11/2015 02:22 commented on Mermaid Statue

Yeah, this is sweet! Love the material and lighting. Haha, and I just now read it's for Tower 57. Nice!

Retronator @ 8/11/2015 02:19 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

To everyone else, thanks so much for the kind words!

I'll now return to other works of mine, so not to get saturated with only Pixel Art Academy. I have another ZX Spectrum work I haven't published yet, and I'm also finishing a ZX inspired piece referencing every possible game I can fit in there. I also did this one, but it has ripped sprites (although quite some were repixeled to different size to fit into the scale better).

Retronator @ 8/11/2015 02:14 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

@carrion: To be honest, I didn't know about it until Sprite Something. He has GIMP palettes listed and I downloaded them all sometimes in the past, so as I was starting this project I just went over them all and the Atari one had a really wide range (surprising, since the system is so old). I have always used Visibone for my previous pieces (apart from ZX of course) and I love the super saturated look, but I'm trying to learn more about different palettes (I've tried building my own for Courier of the Crypts portraits and for my next huge oblique piece Spectropolis).

Retronator @ 8/11/2015 02:06 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

@Mandrill: Thanks, yeah, the blues are my friends. I'm also super happy the the Atari one has a decent selection for skin colors and blond hair. :D But the grays will be a struggle I agree. Here the sky dome lighting with its blue hue saves my ass. :P But in general, I like the green/blue aesthetic that seems to be developing as I work more on the scenes. Pretty pleasant, happy look, which was my desire (optimistic, positive utopia).

Retronator @ 8/11/2015 02:03 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

@Franuka: THANK YOU for backing, omg, you're amazing!!! I am super grateful.

I vaguely remember TLJ, but probably just looking at screenshots. Is this the location you guys are talking about? The lighting looks familiar, haha.

Retronator @ 8/11/2015 02:00 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

@MasterSky: Any advice? I know she looks super stiff, because I just copy/pasted her from my style guide that has front, side and 3/4 view in 'default' position. I don't feel that color/shading-wise she doesn't fit in (should she be more cartoony/flatter?), so I might be missing something.

Retronator @ 8/8/2015 08:22 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

@Beeblebrox: That's because it is a (new) point and click (and text) adventure, done with lots of nostalgia for the old ones!

Retronator @ 8/8/2015 08:21 commented on Pixel Art Academy Studio

@DatMuffinMan: True, I'm just using ALL the colors from the Atari palette. I've got no restrain yet.  Glad you like the scene.

Retronator @ 8/8/2015 08:19 commented on Thanks Twitter

That's sweet! And followed … everywhere! :)

Retronator @ 8/8/2015 08:14 commented on Inn house

Wow, this is great! Looks absolutely gorgeous scaled up! Your previous pieces in the series as well.

So … this is not for a real game?

Retronator @ 7/31/2015 10:48 commented on Lego Minifigure