SpookyLotus @ 11/12/2018 09:13 commented on Alexandria Tengu Lord

So, it's about 7 years later, and I just wanted to say thank you. This was without a doubt the greatest advice I have been given as an artist, and arguably even in life. Since the day you said these words to me, I have worked for small game studios, worked as a professional in the field of graphic design, taught classes, and I STILL cite this and use it as an example to other young artists. I'm not great at what I do and still need a lot of practice, but I have grown and a lot of it is thanks to you. I don't know if you'll ever see this, and I didn't want to clutter your email inbox with this (I may decide to do it anyway...), but thank you a million times for doing the right thing by addressing my bad attitude, teaching me some humility, and how to make a mediocre artist with potential something more.

SpookyLotus @ 9/2/2013 05:36 commented on Chummer

@Hoshii Sasaki - I believe it is the color palette he is using.

@ Batard - I think your isometric work is awesome, for starters, and the character is pretty easy to make out, but in my opinion even for a 4 frame run, this is a little stiff, causing the charcter to almost jerk. Maybe you should exaggerate his movements to strides, and this should make it apear less stiff, and more "bad ass.' ;)

I also once read, he shorter an animation is, the faster and more stressed it should appear. Maybe stressed is the wrong word.

SpookyLotus @ 8/29/2013 05:57 commented on Flickering Lighthouse

Genius idea!

SpookyLotus @ 8/28/2013 14:41 commented on DroneUnit1

Thanks! =D I will fix that now. I somehow overlooked that when wondering how to make it look more natural.

SpookyLotus @ 8/28/2013 14:09 commented on Ball

That looks amazing. :) Nice work.

SpookyLotus @ 8/28/2013 14:04 commented on Sphinx Officer

@FreshSheet

Thanks so much! I'll take it to the forum and see how I should improve the chest.

SpookyLotus @ 8/28/2013 13:12 commented on Sphinx Officer

@FreshSheet

Excuse my late reply. I see your point. Would your recommend the shoulders?

SpookyLotus @ 8/28/2013 13:11 commented on Sphinx Officer

@greenraven

The armor is flexible, and plated. It is supposed to show rapid, and deep breathing, to compliment the horror element. Could you please give any advice?

SpookyLotus @ 8/28/2013 08:59 commented on Ninten

Yes you may, but would your prefer I make a new one? I a scrapping this gallery soon, and putting on new work.

SpookyLotus @ 4/14/2013 04:29 commented on Josuke Higashikata

Very nice. Love this character and this entire series. Great work on this and the dimensions.

SpookyLotus @ 11/28/2012 05:09 commented on E V A U N I T 0 3

My favorite series, ever... Nice.

SpookyLotus @ 7/30/2012 17:38 commented on Teknopathetic

Thanks for the advice. :) I couldn't agree more. I really want to redo this one when I get a chance. I had fun when I originally made it, but my skills have grown quite a bit since then. I'm kind of scared of how it will turn out.

SpookyLotus @ 8/18/2011 18:37 commented on Leonardo

I agree with everything CELS said. :p And, it's awesome. But, the preview isn't fitting on the front page.

SpookyLotus @ 8/18/2011 16:27 commented on Karas Ninja

It is a good anime. =D

But, as for the art, I'm pretty proud of it. I just see so many mistakes now that I wish I could change, or that I hadn't made.

SpookyLotus @ 8/17/2011 16:38 commented on Lightning Locust Lotus

Thanks! =D That's was a bit too obvious for me to see. xD

SpookyLotus @ 8/17/2011 16:36 commented on The Atomic Claw

Exactly! Lol.

SpookyLotus @ 8/17/2011 14:49 commented on Lightning Locust Lotus

Thanks. Lol. I just couldn't come up with a better preview. It's never really been my strong point. If you could give me some advice though, it would help. If not, that's fine.

SpookyLotus @ 8/17/2011 14:19 commented on The Atomic Claw

This is really good. I like the animation as well. It reminds me of SF2.

SpookyLotus @ 8/17/2011 06:36 commented on Lightning Locust Lotus

Thank you. GG. Same thing is possible in PS though.

SpookyLotus @ 8/17/2011 06:31 commented on Karas Ninja

Raven. But, I am a huge fan of the anime. =]

SpookyLotus @ 8/16/2011 21:21 commented on Gay Graffiti

Nah, you have talent. But, everything takes practice. I don't see myself as a great pixel artist yet myself, but I've seen myself grow. You just have to see the same. Have you done graffiti in the past?

SpookyLotus @ 8/16/2011 21:19 commented on NastyRed

Lol. Thank you.

SpookyLotus @ 8/16/2011 21:06 commented on NastyRed

Oh, it was improvised. It was like a health pack, in a bomb like capsule.

That's why it has the red cross. Thanks. :)

SpookyLotus @ 8/16/2011 21:04 commented on Ninten

Thank you. Now I only wish I could fix this, but the computer I drew this on is down. Lol.

SpookyLotus @ 8/16/2011 20:17 commented on Fatal Fury URBAN