cure @ 2/19/2018 07:50 commented on A Bear

what are the character's stable attributes?

cure @ 2/16/2018 12:46 commented on Deadly Vision

really dig the lower half. was hoping to find something in "invisible ink" within the white triangle, would be a sort of esoteric vision in itself.

cure @ 2/12/2018 06:49 commented on Dead Pixel

I don't know what it means but I like it.

cure @ 2/2/2018 14:14 commented on Space Wyrm

awesome

cure @ 1/29/2018 09:21 commented on Diddy Kong

This is not a cat with a pipe (and a tophat)

^ptoing

cure @ 1/27/2018 07:11 commented on Silent dance

Reminds me of a scene from Blade Runner 2049. Good stuff, the face/hair is the only part that feels like it needs a little work, here's an edit I made (though personally I think the narrative is a little stronger if her head is pointed down and looking at the wound).

cure @ 1/22/2018 20:47 commented on Lil Pirate

Pixel your parents' favorite drink, or the communion cup, or a drink associated with your country or region. No one can prove it isn't your favorite.

cure @ 1/21/2018 18:09 commented on Dying Breed

I think you're right, I've sped it up a bit.

cure @ 1/21/2018 05:58 commented on Cold Hirst

Damien Hirst can jump off a cliff but this is good stuff.

cure @ 1/20/2018 16:46 commented on low-res battle pigeons

Dig it, the whole mundane warrior thing gives it a bit of an Earthbound vibe.

cure @ 1/20/2018 08:31 commented on Dying Breed

Fleja: Good taste in friends.

Chrispy: The hard way.

Goodlyay: You might try another browser.

Rest: Thankya.

cure @ 1/14/2018 17:37 commented on Big Bird

As someone who doesn't really animate, anyone know of a good site or program to stitch together ~400 frames?

cure @ 1/11/2018 11:44 commented on Big Bird

I agree, seems many youtubers thought the same. The douchebag protagonists either need some redeeming qualities or comeuppance, the original concept seemed a little more humanizing. Despite the bleak narrative and intro I skipped most of, the art/animation/sound is on-point, so grats to iSTVAN and pROB.

cure @ 1/9/2018 04:12 commented on Self Portrait at 28

I used a process you see elsewhere in my gallery (Grishkin, !, Liondog, Consider the Lilies) and turned a traditional painting into pixel art. So the computer decided my palette based on the color choices in my painting, then I tweaked it from there.

I never use preformed palettes and I don't worry much about color counts, the palette develops to fit the concept.

cure @ 1/6/2018 15:43 commented on The Den

cozy af

cure @ 1/6/2018 13:08 commented on salamander

a loveable fellow

cure @ 1/4/2018 13:39 commented on ghost city

Shows up correctly on my end, nice work.

They may let it in the gallery with the current preview or they may require you to make it pixelly instead of resampled too (they certainly prefer the latter).

cure @ 1/4/2018 13:19 commented on ghost city

Not sure what the problem is, you should be able to upload the full piece as the "detail file", just make sure that the filename is different from the currently uploaded file. Short of that, clear your cache or try another browser maybe?

cure @ 1/4/2018 12:46 commented on ghost city

looks like something that was originally pixel art before it was resized and resampled

cure @ 1/2/2018 09:33 commented on Red Dawn

I think the body is on-point but the face/head is a little off. The physique says macho He-Man, but the face feels a little effeminate, a little anime. Here's an edit. I made the chin less pointy and the jaw stronger. Another discrepancy was the luscious mane of hair and the actual hairline, so I tried to shrink the forehead. The mane itself is rather bulky and the strands are like thick cords. I think this is fair if the character has dreadlocks, otherwise the strands should be thinner and the hair should sit flatter to the head.

cure @ 1/1/2018 06:28 commented on Faces in palettes 2

These are great. My favorite is the fourth, but Turrell's portrait is so reminiscent of his actual work.

cure @ 12/28/2017 10:39 commented on PK avatar

(waits for Australian members to protest that it isn't winter)

I dig this old time gallery feature.

cure @ 12/27/2017 18:06 commented on Hyper Universe Characters

These are all great, but I really love that demon baby.

cure @ 12/25/2017 07:50 commented on 4view of marshmellow guy

Can poor members pixel the gift they wish they received, had they received gifts? I got pistachios and socks, so I'm asking for a friend...

cure @ 12/23/2017 09:53 commented on Poison Girl