Hexaphixylix @ 5/29/2013 09:14 commented on don't touch the thing

Ah, well that's your basic "Bulbasaur with a Pikachu mask, with a bit of a red mane.. and tail?" :P

On another note, your dithering on the lower portion looks less like dithering, and more like just diagonal lines. And well, maybe that's what you were going for. Nice one nonetheless.

Hexaphixylix @ 5/20/2013 08:00 commented on HMS Chamberlain

musicremedy.com/webfiles/artists/ELO/ELO-01-big.jpg

Inspired, or an interesting coincidence? Either way, I really like this one, nice job!

Hexaphixylix @ 4/11/2013 13:50 commented on Some pink

Reminds me of Perlin Noise, cool.

Hexaphixylix @ 3/24/2013 17:42 commented on Orestes

Wow, this is awesome! (if not a bit creepy) But honestly, I could probably say the same of all your pieces. I really like the gloomy/mysterious style you've got going.

Hexaphixylix @ 3/24/2013 08:54 commented on Reason

Haha, the cables are kinda cool though, what I have a problem with is that nothing fits on the screen, you have to do so much scrolling to see everything. I actually started on Cubase a few years ago doing some of orchestral stuff for games, but never have tried Sonar. It will probably stay that way though.. I'm a bit partial to Live :P

Anyways, I followed you on SoundCloud, pretty neat stuff :o

Hexaphixylix @ 3/23/2013 13:37 commented on Reason

Thanks Theoden, and I actually don't use Reason at all! :P My DAW of choice is Ableton Live.. Just happened to have a demo version of Reason on my desktop, and its icon is more visually appealing than Live's. The actual software is a bit too crowded for my taste. :|

Hexaphixylix @ 3/23/2013 10:20 commented on Reason

Hm.. That makes sense about the flat surface that dithering makes. Might explain why I was seeing hexagons rather than cubes on some of these, especially the bottom left one. As for the sphere, I understand the dull vs shiny conflict with having dithering and a specular highlight, and maybe I'll experiment a bit with that.

I started the piece without having dithering in mind at all, but when I tried a little, it made everything much more interesting to look at :\ I do like the colored pencil-drawn feel of it though. But thank you for the pointers, Manupix! I'll keep them in mind.

Hexaphixylix @ 3/22/2013 21:20 commented on Reason

Thanks pel! Means alot coming from you, heh.

And that's too bad, CobaltHex, I thought the dithering added a nice texture :\ thanks for the comment though

Hexaphixylix @ 3/22/2013 13:52 commented on Shrooms

Sounds like an interesting game! The sprites are great; I think having more colors would make for some appealing variety, unless you had a certain idea for them.

Hexaphixylix @ 3/22/2013 13:27 commented on Taurus

Pretty cool, I like the horns! Maybe it could use a shadow to help merge it with the scene?

Hexaphixylix @ 3/21/2013 21:59 commented on Adventure Icons

Thanks ouroboRose! And about those other icons, the blue one was supposed to be a staff. It has two circles going around it and a sphere at the end, but I can understand why that's hard to see. The green one on the other hand is just my name crammed into a 12 pixel wide space, hehe..

Thanks to everyone else for the comments :P

Hexaphixylix @ 3/21/2013 15:27 commented on Adventure Icons

Thanks! But sadly, no.. Just made em for fun. Maybe one day though! (when I'm once again inspired to do some programming) heh

Hexaphixylix @ 1/20/2013 18:33 commented on Hex Columns

Hm.. I felt the same way about the background leaves, but couldn't figure out what to do about them. I wanted to portray some depth, so I tried to make them smaller and less detailed, but it obviously didn't come out as I intended, heh.

Hexaphixylix @ 3/6/2010 18:04 commented on 7 Shade Sky

Thanks! I'll see what I can do to fix it. Fixed.

Hexaphixylix @ 3/4/2010 15:37 commented on Sorcerer

Get some inspiration from WoW's Warlock Tier 6? :P

Hexaphixylix @ 3/4/2010 15:08 commented on Waxing Crescent

Nah, it's just the style... Gives it kind of a mystical feel, I think.