gennoveus @ 12/11/2017 04:28 commented on franken stain

My bad; it seems I misinterpreted submission rule 8.

gennoveus @ 12/9/2017 21:08 commented on Urban Teal Bridge

Wow, this is great. You've done a great job of pulling off the photographic look!

gennoveus @ 12/9/2017 17:10 commented on Darth Vader portrait

Very well done; it looks like you improved dramatically over the last few months. I think I remember giving you advice on an image a few months ago, but I think I'm the one that needs advice from you, now!

How did you improve so fast? Just a lot of practice?

gennoveus @ 12/9/2017 17:04 commented on franken stain

Great image and style! Perhaps you should have read the rules before submitting 30 images to the queue, though ... you've drowned out everyone else's submissions. Why not just submit your best works? Or maybe combine similar themed images into large pixel collages? Thanks!

gennoveus @ 12/9/2017 16:58 commented on Me!

Fair enough; if you don't have a program to identify which pixels are off then it would be a major operation to find. I don't think anyone is going to get upset over 3 stray colours.

gennoveus @ 12/9/2017 05:17 commented on Me!

Nice! Very clean and great AA. One thing, though: you've written 18 colours but you have 21!

gennoveus @ 12/9/2017 05:15 commented on Anna Anthrophy

Great portrait but 687 colours ... subtle blue gradient background is not pixel art. Please re-submit without the background.

gennoveus @ 12/7/2017 23:45 commented on Nahual Transformation

Love this animation.

gennoveus @ 12/7/2017 04:52 commented on Sidney Crosby Pixel Portrait

Hello again!

This batch of images is much more 'pixel-arty' than before but there are still 138 colours here because some parts are left unmodified or barely modified from the scaled photo you started with - namely the eyes and mouth. The 'Tanya' image without the pink shirt is good as it has only 22 colours but I think the rest have at least 100 or more.

Please don't take this comment as an attack on your art or an attack on you. These are cute little images; I like the Kyrie Irving one especially! But the problem is that it's not really 'pixel art' as defined by this community (placing individual pixels, choosing individual colours), and that's why your images are not being accepted into the gallery.

Thanks!

gennoveus @ 12/7/2017 04:31 commented on a man

こんにちは

ファイル名からしてゲームのキャラクターでしょうか?布のしわの表現が上手で羨ましいです。自分は苦手なので…

これは自分の意見なんですけど、ズボンの影の部分と光が当たっている部分の明度の差が大きいので少し気になります。グラデーションをもうちょっと滑らかにするともっとキレイになるかも知れません。後、上着の色と肌の色が同じですが、布の黄色い光沢をなくせばもっと布感を出せるし、肌との区別がつくと思います。アニメーションGIFにしてみました。

僕が打ったドット絵で気になる点があれば是非教えてください。

gennoveus @ 12/5/2017 23:43 commented on DB8 - Palette Test

Jesus, 8 colours!? This is going straight to my favourites.

gennoveus @ 12/5/2017 23:33 commented on Beatdown

Great pixel art! Nice choice of colours, and the animation of the clothing and hair is perfect. I like the blue light coming from below. His body looks a bit stiff, though! Hands and feet are nice and fluid.

gennoveus @ 12/5/2017 23:30 commented on Dog and Fly

Interesting format but I'm not sure it qualifies as pixel art as defined by this site.

gennoveus @ 12/3/2017 04:32 commented on On a rainy day, I picked up a cat.

The rain is on a seperate, transparent layer? It's knocking up the colour count to 103. Otherwise very nice scene! Composition and colours are great.

gennoveus @ 12/3/2017 04:28 commented on Improved walking animation (New on left)

Big improvement! I see this matches the 'rural town' very well. Are you making a game?

gennoveus @ 12/2/2017 22:20 commented on Fish

Masterful AA on this. So clean, too. I could totally have this printed and on my wall.

gennoveus @ 12/2/2017 22:18 commented on Zelda Swamp

Well done; definitely has that GBA feel to it.

gennoveus @ 12/2/2017 16:08 commented on Red Mech

Aw man, this has to be one of your best. Such a great style and excellent choice of colours.

gennoveus @ 12/2/2017 16:06 commented on Male Character

Those portraits are incredible.

gennoveus @ 12/2/2017 03:50 commented on 32x and 16x tiles

Great textures! The cobblestone one in the bottom left is particularly good!

gennoveus @ 12/1/2017 22:11 commented on LA HISTORIA DEL PIXEL

gennoveus @ 12/1/2017 19:35 commented on Tuxedo Boy

I love this retro anime style you have. Great choice of colours, too.

gennoveus @ 12/1/2017 17:35 commented on Slice of Catalyst

Love your AA skills.

gennoveus @ 12/1/2017 17:19 commented on Merchant

That's much better; thank you for re-uploading! I very much like the design of the character and the way you have drawn the cloth. C&C if you are interested: The mixed resolutions of the character / clouds are a bit jarring. Also, you have many areas in the image where you could have made the dithering less harsh by introducing colours already present in other parts of the image. Here's an example of what I mean - I very quickly redid some of the shading on the cloth using only colours that were already in the image. If you prefer the dithered look, then it might look more natural if you limited your palette so that dithering wasn't just an aesthetic choice but a necessary one. Just a thought!

gennoveus @ 12/1/2017 01:37 commented on Tupac Shakur Pixel Portrait

While it's not my place to say what is and is not 'art', this picture isn't 'pixel art' as defined by this community. Please read this link if you would like to know more.