gennoveus @ 10/11/2017 05:29 commented on Octobit. Creep

Great clusters!

gennoveus @ 10/10/2017 23:50 commented on Lieutenant Commander Data

Thank you, Mashpoe!

It's far from perfect, though; the collar on the left side is weird, his neck looks very flat, forgot some AA on his right ear (our left), his hair lacks detail, I cheaped out on the background, his cheeks look swollen, relied too much on the ref, not enough contrast in the skin colours, etc.

Still happy with it anyway, as I think (?) it's a step up from my previous portraits, technically. Artistically and creatively, it's probably a bit of a step down. Maybe I can do better on my next picture.

Thanks again!

gennoveus @ 10/10/2017 23:44 commented on Spinning Golden Coin Logo

Very well done how it catches the light. Did you use an animated 3D model of a spinning disc as ref or is it all by eye?

gennoveus @ 10/3/2017 15:34 commented on Skeletor

Thank you, jok!

gennoveus @ 10/3/2017 05:59 commented on Gnilushka

You are a master of textures (and everything else pixel art, but textures too!)

gennoveus @ 9/16/2017 06:36 commented on THE LOCUST

If you're looking for advice, check out these two excellent pixel art tutorials:

gennoveus @ 9/16/2017 06:34 commented on Skeleton PixelArt

Please do not upscale images. Upload at 100% resolution.

gennoveus @ 9/15/2017 02:57 commented on tree

Hello, lixonardo! For images this small you might want to try dithering less as it can add too much noise to the image. Have you taken a look at some of the excellent tutorials on the forums?

gennoveus @ 9/15/2017 02:53 commented on Red Wizard

Hello! If you are looking for tips to improve, you can't go wrong with these 2 excellent guides on pixel art:

First one

Second one

gennoveus @ 9/15/2017 02:51 commented on Helmet for twich

Hello! Please upload at 1x scale; this has been upscaled by a non-integer coefficient (i.e. not 2x, 3x, or 4x, but 2.5x or something) so the pixels are not square any more and have inconsistent sizes.

gennoveus @ 9/14/2017 06:38 commented on Thanksgiving Day

Thank you Terishe!

gennoveus @ 9/14/2017 05:25 commented on Thanksgiving Day

Nice image! I like the traditional Korean(?)  theme. Please fix the description, it says you have used 2 colours when you have used 35.

gennoveus @ 9/14/2017 04:01 commented on Summon Weapon

Hello. You can delete it yourself by clicking on the edit icon (the pencil icon) and pressing the "Delete" button at the bottom of the screen.

gennoveus @ 9/14/2017 03:58 commented on Fantasy Characters

Very clean; great clusters!

gennoveus @ 9/14/2017 03:56 commented on ChinaTown

Hello! Solid concept and base drawing but the use of antialiased and transparent brushes, and many hundreds of unique colours (220), mean that this image is not pixel art in the strict definition that this site typically adheres to. Please remove the automatic anti-aliasing and transparent brushes a re-submit. Also, spending a little longer to fix up some of the messier lines and jagged shapes will drastically improve the look of the overall image.

gennoveus @ 9/14/2017 01:46 commented on Eye-Bot

Good job, but you should give credit to the inspiration (unless it's a coincidence?)

gennoveus @ 9/14/2017 01:33 commented on Da Coast

It's 16 colours not 15 as apparently these are transparent pixels somewhere(?) but really great work, it looks like so many more!

gennoveus @ 9/12/2017 17:01 commented on Waving Frog

No problem just upload at original size from next time

gennoveus @ 9/12/2017 05:41 commented on The Great Nothing

Top notch AA!

gennoveus @ 9/12/2017 05:36 commented on Landscape

Looks great, love the colours.

gennoveus @ 9/12/2017 05:34 commented on Waving Frog

Please don't pre-zoom images when uploading.

gennoveus @ 9/11/2017 01:02 commented on Villian

Thanks. This is my oldest piece in the gallery and also the one I can't stand looking at for all the mistakes but I'll keep it here as a reminder of my skill level when I started. It hasn't been long and I still haven't come that far yet but eventually in a years or two I'd like to be able to re-draw this picture 100x better.

gennoveus @ 9/9/2017 23:34 commented on Wood Gas powered Shoe Shaped Car

You have written that there are 18 colours but there are actually only 17! (including transparency). I like the beat up texture of the metal.

gennoveus @ 9/9/2017 17:52 commented on Subaru Impreza 22B STI version

Really crisp and clear. The readablity is excellent.

gennoveus @ 9/9/2017 17:50 commented on Darkmage

Very nice! I particularly like the motion blur effect on the eyes.