Opacus @ 9/4/2018 06:57 commented on ...

That background is absolutely breathtaking

Opacus @ 4/8/2018 03:59 commented on The Collector

Really good stuff. Loving the palette and texturing. Little feedback point: I like how the character pops, but he also feels a bit like he's been pasted into the scene. I think some subtle lighting from the fire on the trees/leaves around him could help connect the background and character a little more.

Opacus @ 3/16/2018 03:10 commented on Dracula-3000

Cool stuff. Reminds me of the Space Jockey from Alien.

Opacus @ 11/24/2017 04:55 commented on The Deep

Thanks man :) Much appreciated. I've been drooling over your animation work for sometime. Very impressive stuff you did for Duelyst.

Opacus @ 11/3/2017 10:02 commented on The Mummy Demastered

Daaaamn son

Opacus @ 11/3/2017 10:01 commented on Secret Santa 2011: threesided

Thanks mate, much appreciated :)

Opacus @ 6/20/2017 05:57 commented on Civil Protection

Click the little person icon next to the fav button, right underneath the image.

Opacus @ 12/14/2016 15:19 commented on Neutral Dagona

Man your animations are absolutely breathtaking. Makes me wanna dissect every frame. So many details to get caught up in.

Opacus @ 12/5/2016 09:14 commented on Battle Carchessia [shmup project]

I think that's exactly the description of a good background; it can't be confused with the foreground sprites. Especially in a game which gets as hectic as a shmup it's vital that the background doesn't clash with the sprites.

Beautiful job all round.

Opacus @ 11/4/2016 05:00 commented on Main Char Run Cycle - for 72 hour

Congrats on the release! Definitely gonna buy it. Seems like it's doing pretty damn great too. On Metacritic it's above Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and the new CoD. Screw all those blockbusters :)

Opacus @ 9/23/2016 09:20 commented on Teh Goblin

Sure thing. It's terribly old anyway.

Opacus @ 7/10/2016 06:42 commented on Duelyst Spells

Amazing work. So much respect for your patience (and skill) :)

Opacus @ 7/10/2016 06:40 commented on Cosmia's Study

I think it's quite important that the HUD elements stick out as they do. It's imperative that they're always visible no matter what. I'd say the elements on the right could even be a little brighter. Giving them a palette that corresponds to the area's would be quite confusing I think.

Great stuff, by the way.

Opacus @ 6/23/2016 15:40 commented on Mulata

Great work. I'm really loving the way you did the edges of her hair.

Opacus @ 6/17/2016 02:31 commented on The Scientist

Amazing as usual.

Opacus @ 6/1/2016 08:30 commented on Open Space Delivery

Thanks man, means a lot to hear that :) I've definitely not given it up for good. I'll hopefully be graduated soon and wanna try to find the time to pick it up again. Pieces like this one are the ones that get me itching to get back into it.

Opacus @ 6/1/2016 08:28 commented on 16 Fakemons !

Here's my attempt at naming them ;) Owleaf, Aztowl, Archage,  Anub, Anubas, Subma, Nautilant, Toco, Touac, Toucanth, Cran, Casand, Fortram, Flurm, Kablant, Sableking

Opacus @ 5/31/2016 03:33 commented on Open Space Delivery

Big fan of your style!

Opacus @ 5/29/2016 04:49 commented on Candida & Esplendida

No problem dude :) keep up the great work!

Opacus @ 5/28/2016 08:26 commented on Axe < > Sven

I made a small edit: media.giphy.com/media/3o6EhRQKVBAyRO69RS/giphy.gif I tried to give it a bit more weight by making his hair lag one frame. In this way it kind of follows his bounce, as there's always a small delay before hair is affected by motion of the body. I also edited the timing just a little bit. I took 0,15 seconds for the extremes, 0,08 seconds for the first in-between and then 0,12 for the third (so it's 15, 8, 12, 15, 8, 12). Hope this makes sense. (edit: now that I see it in a browser I think my edit is a bit too fast overall)

Opacus @ 5/28/2016 07:02 commented on Axe < > Sven

Sorry for being kinda vague, it's more difficult to put into words than I thought :) I think this one really shows it: pixeljoint.com/pixelart/31255.htm. It has a clear but subtle pause at the highest and lowest point of the idle/breathing animation, which gives it a sense of weight.

Opacus @ 5/28/2016 04:59 commented on Candida & Esplendida

One of those rare pieces of pixel art which I think wouldn't feel missplaced in an art gallery :)

Opacus @ 5/28/2016 04:56 commented on Axe < > Sven

Digging the sprites! I think the idle animations feel a bit stiff. I think they'd work a lot better if they had more of a bounce in them (for example: by making the movement of the hair/horns lag 2 frames behind the rest). I think switching up the timing a bit might also make them feel somewhat more natural. I think giving them a bigger pause at the extremes will help achieve that.

Opacus @ 5/28/2016 04:51 commented on Machine City

I love this. Especially the textures and colour usage are totally on point.

Opacus @ 3/8/2016 02:57 commented on Find Waldo

I love it. Is that a duck with a front facing butt?