James McCarter @ 2/10/2018 14:41 commented on Peeking

stellar work

James McCarter @ 3/10/2017 13:54 commented on Dungeon for a roguelike

Yeah, that came out really well.

James McCarter @ 3/17/2016 00:59 commented on Hut on the run

Funny that there have already been comments about the roof texture.  I noticed that immediately as well.  Wonderful.  I also love the texture of the leaves, and the little details scattered about as well.

James McCarter @ 3/17/2016 00:57 commented on Crossing Damn Rd.

...and this is why I come to Pixel Joint.  Wonderful.

James McCarter @ 8/27/2015 13:29 commented on Sand Trap

By never allowing the fingers to extend upwards, you lose the potential to really create a snap contrast - the hand open and the hand closed share too similar a silhouette. Otherwise, the animation is really nice.

James McCarter @ 8/27/2015 13:24 commented on Storks

I love really tiny little pieces where each pixel becomes incredibly important.  Nicely done.

James McCarter @ 8/27/2015 13:23 commented on Air Nomads

I absolutely love the colours!  I don't quite know where to look in the image, the composition is a little complicated, but otherwise brilliant piece.

James McCarter @ 8/14/2015 03:54 commented on Precambrian Earth

That's pretty awesome.

James McCarter @ 2/13/2015 15:07 commented on Plagued Rat Running

beautiful animation.  I love how the jaw flaps about whilst it runs

James McCarter @ 2/13/2015 15:06 commented on mirror

absolutely wonderful

James McCarter @ 1/23/2015 01:00 commented on BrainBot Mk-VI

That's really nice.  I push and pull of the screen right rear leg is great.

James McCarter @ 11/19/2014 17:52 commented on Phoenotopia II - Earth Dome mockup

I love the vibrancy of the colours.  this really brings me back to gaming in the 90s.  back when colours were colours and there was only one brown.  :)

James McCarter @ 11/19/2014 17:11 commented on Dumbo retired

spot on colours!

James McCarter @ 11/19/2014 17:10 commented on Fishing For Light

love it.  very magical.

James McCarter @ 11/19/2014 17:02 commented on Unwritten Tales 1993

I love the warm feeling you've captured

James McCarter @ 11/19/2014 16:57 commented on Windgust Bay

love it.  you've created a wonderful mood with this piece!

my only critique, and it's minor, is that there appears to be a really strong wind from the right, yet all the rain is running off the tree towards the wind.  it'd make more sense for the rain to be pushed to the leeward side of the tree.

James McCarter @ 8/8/2014 16:38 commented on Caterpillar

Love it.  The lighting is really nicely done.  Congratulations on executing this piece flawlessly.

James McCarter @ 6/14/2014 01:40 commented on Wind Waker

Really captured the mood!

James McCarter @ 5/25/2014 01:08 commented on BOOMer

The timing is brilliant on this piece.

James McCarter @ 6/13/2013 11:22 commented on Elk's Forest Of Desolation

Wow.  That is absolutely amazing.  I love it.

James McCarter @ 7/16/2012 17:46 commented on Yeti... at LARGE!!!

Great animation.  I really like the hang time in the air.  Nicely done.

James McCarter @ 11/27/2011 09:05 commented on Fallen is Babylon

The lighting is superb!  I love how it falls away from her face.  Nicely done.

James McCarter @ 11/18/2011 07:19 commented on Lady with an Afro

That's superb.  The lighting and shading and colours are all wonderful.

James McCarter @ 11/12/2011 20:57 commented on Haunted Graveyard

I love the colours of that floating thingy.  very appealing design too.

James McCarter @ 10/29/2011 05:52 commented on Gate keepers