Geti @ 6/30/2014 18:33 commented on Quelaag's Furysword

Thanks, I haven't had time for DS2 yet but I've heard mostly good things. More souls fanart would be welcome in my books too.

Geti @ 6/30/2014 18:32 commented on Quelaag's Furysword

This was definitely a one-off demo but I'll consider doing more souls art for warm-ups or something.

Geti @ 6/21/2014 19:05 commented on Mouse knight running animation

Looks almost pre-rendered. Very smooth.

The fur would be a little more crisp with fewer colours and more "tufty" clusters.

Geti @ 5/30/2014 05:47 commented on NES Megaman Redo Mockup

Really great work with the perspective and everything - wondering about the power bar though - if its tiles then it's going to scroll funny unless its on its own line, no? Love the platform perspective and the background detail either way.

Also same comment as other people with all these sprite overlays, would be keen to see some breakdowns of how you're doing it but I feel like it'd need a crazy amount of flickering.

Geti @ 5/26/2014 20:13 commented on CAEDES, the Carnage of Talion

Masterful work, very nicely done.

Geti @ 5/18/2014 01:00 commented on BOOMer

Really solid animation.

Geti @ 4/16/2014 08:29 commented on Prelude Mockup

This is pretty old work, note that it was uploaded here well before the release of Terraria. I'd also assert that it looks more like minecraft than terraria due to the lack of garish black outlines and only the surface information being visible, and looks more like separate work than either of them. I should really go back and recode this game at some point, it had a lot of potential.

Geti @ 3/7/2014 17:26 commented on Path garden Update!!

I think you'll be able to make the long grass look more natural with an intermediate height tile.

I wouldn't bother with curves, just a middle height to soften the transition; your call though

Geti @ 3/4/2014 22:33 commented on Halo: Combat Devolved

Was about to complain about this being a repost, funny that it was missing here.

I quite like the vegetation and backdrop for this, and some of the actor detail; however the age of the piece shows through compared to your more recent work imo.

Geti @ 2/28/2014 18:16 commented on Note Guru: GBC Spec-Up

Yeah I get what you mean. There's not really a reason other than wanting to make sure people don't feel like they're in too much of a "familiar" land, if I have standard bricks, windows, post box, tiles, tv antenna ( wink ) then a monster is skulking around just outside of town the universe will feel very inconsistent. I'll have to reign it in a bit, hopefully I can make the house layouts make a little more practical sense while I'm at it.

Geti @ 2/27/2014 19:43 commented on Note Guru: GBC Spec-Up

There's not much to tell - there's a little monster wandering on the map that chases you if you get close, you touch it, theres a "battle" sequence where you have to identify the notes it makes to rocking guitar music and if you win, you continue onwards.

Geti @ 2/26/2014 20:32 commented on Note Guru: GBC Spec-Up

To all the "Pretty"/"Nice Tiles" etc guys: Thanks for being so supportive! Been very happy with the reception of this piece all over the place, it's quite encouraging. Thanks again!

Geti @ 2/26/2014 20:31 commented on Note Guru: GBC Spec-Up

A darker top area could work, would require a few changes to the cliff edge tiles but it would probably help pull the scene forward a bit. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out.

Geti @ 2/26/2014 20:30 commented on Note Guru: GBC Spec-Up

Thank you! Always glad to hear my style is recogniseable, though it'll definitely make it hard to change, haha!

Geti @ 2/26/2014 20:29 commented on Note Guru: GBC Spec-Up

The main complaint I've been hearing has been to do with the roofing, so I might go look at some refs and swap out the planks for a slate roof or something. I might keep these tiles handy for if i need any bridge areas now, hahaha. I'll see what I can do, they're definitely the weakest bit of the image.

Geti @ 2/26/2014 20:27 commented on Note Guru: GBC Spec-Up

Wow, thanks for all the the comments and faves guys. I'll go through and answer questions and suggestions where I get the chance :)

Geti @ 2/11/2014 19:10 commented on KL10TCH map

Lovely, very detailed but not too noisy.

Geti @ 2/11/2014 19:07 commented on Dungeon tileset

The way low contrast on this one kinda kills it for me.

Geti @ 12/6/2013 03:39 commented on Pripyat Beast Homage

Glad you like/hate it ;^)

Geti @ 12/3/2013 05:02 commented on Death Magic

This really is fantastic work, Alex.

Geti @ 11/17/2013 20:10 commented on Old knight

Would love to see some of the nice light purple of the larger one pulled across into the pants of the smaller one, pretty nice regardless of course.

Geti @ 11/17/2013 19:18 commented on Pripyat Beast Homage

Yeah the grass was meant to turn into some sort of background but it didn't end up getting that far -  I think it's better with some sort of context than without though, and I'm not likely to edit it. Thanks for the feedback anyway, glad the reds are up to scratch in a piece so riddled with them!

Geti @ 11/17/2013 19:16 commented on Pripyat Beast Homage

The creativity of the design is mostly Keith Thomson inspired - i just mashed some limbs from different species together. Gotta admit it was quite humbling to work on, these kind of designs are quite hard to pull off - glad I've done it at least some justice!

Geti @ 11/17/2013 19:14 commented on Pripyat Beast Homage

Cheers! I'm pretty happy with how it came along as the study breaks went along.

Geti @ 11/12/2013 01:16 commented on Ryu SF1 Edit

... wow, really bad that i mixed that up. Fixed. Thanks for the catch.