Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 02:16 commented on The scream

Very cool! I can look at it for a long time.

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 02:15 commented on Cubic avatar

Great work!

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 02:14 commented on Tetromino from outer space

Interesting, I like the style and colors.

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 02:14 commented on Turtle

Great style, I'm a fan of cubic art.

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 02:12 commented on Classic Luigi Walk...

Great animation and satirical style.

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 02:10 commented on Champagne bottle

Thanks guys.

The banding is due to a limited color palette. The bottle was part of a fixed, varied color palette that had to be suitable for a number of other items as well.

Cheerio,

Metin

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 01:59 commented on Hoi game intro picture

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Onek, I've only recently picked up pixeling again, after years of 3D graphics creation. I decided to upload some of my old pixel stuff first, and I think retouching old work is "like a musician playing his one hit over and over and over". :-) I prefer creating new work and exploring new styles, such as my voxel work.

Besides, I like my old work as it is, with all of its imperfections. It's a reflection of who I was back in the days I created it. I think you shouldn't cover up old improficiencies, but learn to cherish them as a part of your image's charisma.

Wouter, nice to read that you know Moon Child!

Cheerio,

Metin

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 01:37 commented on Steve Dots

Thank you all very much!

This was actually a basis for a voxel illustration. I've added that to my initial post.

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 01:34 commented on Hierarchy

Muchas gracias amigos, much appreciated!

Sevensheaven @ 7/16/2010 01:32 commented on David Lynch

Many thanks guys, much appreciated!

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:30 commented on Pixel Painter

Thanks for your feedback guys!

Giuseppe, I understand. The noise has a high contrast, with each pixel being a noise element.

Cheerio,

Metin

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:27 commented on Monster

Thanks a lot guys!

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:24 commented on c64 hiRes lagoon

Great, I love the shapes, colors and composition!

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:21 commented on Oblique game background

Thanks again for your your comments guys!

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:16 commented on Happy bees animation

Thanks guys!

Nina, I see what you mean. It's like the bees are saying: "Why zzzzzo zzzzeriouzzzz?" :)

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:14 commented on Hoi workers animation

Muchas gracias!

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:13 commented on Clockwiser intro animation

Thank you all very much!

Sevensheaven @ 7/15/2010 11:10 commented on mARTine

Many thanks for your feedback guys!

Tuomas, you're right, the straight line is a bit odd now that I see it back. In the days I created it I probably meant the straight line as a stylized touch.

Wouter, I used a photo for reference, but didn't clean up a scan, because in those good ol' Amiga days I did not own a scanner. :) Leuk om een medelander tegen te komen hier trouwens. :)

Scott, I really like Inkscape. I've got it installed and will surely consider picking up this type of work again in vector form.

Cheerio,

Metin

Sevensheaven @ 7/11/2010 02:52 commented on Hierarchy

Thank you!

Sevensheaven @ 7/11/2010 02:51 commented on mARTine

Thanks!

I also used to draw with ink on paper, but I dislike the random factors of traditional media. Using pixels I can satisfy my autistic need for total control. :-)

Sevensheaven @ 7/11/2010 02:47 commented on Chimp

Nice. I like your distinctive style with the consistent 45 degrees angle.

Sevensheaven @ 7/11/2010 02:44 commented on Paper and pencil

Thanks man!

The elements were for a series of short puzzles called the Mini Games, which were used to fill up a little leftover time between programs. After a short while the viewer was presented with the solution to the puzzle.

In this case the pencil wrote a simple math question on the paper, and the solution afterwards.

Sevensheaven @ 7/11/2010 02:41 commented on Finally an avatar~

I really like it, great work. Is it a self-portrait?

Sevensheaven @ 7/11/2010 02:32 commented on Hoi game intro picture

Hi guys,

Yrizoud, you are absolutely right (and I'm impressed by that): I used DPaint's perspective tool to reuse the rock pattern for the rotated cliff at the right side.

Next to adding the shadow area I did retouch the right-side cliff a little bit (if the brush resolution wasn't high enough DPaint's perspective tool tended to crudely enlarge pixels with its straightforward scaling algorithm, despite the smoothing), but you're right about the grass and such. Those things happen in a tight game production schedule. I understand your arguments and have no problem with the image not being approved.

Saraa: ok, well, at least I'm keeping you busy over here. That's at least one tiny straw of usefulness in my pixel-unworthy life. ;-)

All the best,

Metin

Sevensheaven @ 7/11/2010 02:15 commented on Oblique game background

Thanks a lot for your constructive comments guys, much appreciated.

Cameron, you're right: it's a 45 degrees angle and therefore it's oblique in stead of isometric, my mistake. I'll change it in the title and description.

The house is indeed a bit strange in terms of construction, but that was purely due to the fixed path the game character had to follow from his attic-room to the basement exit.

The dark doorway is simply meant to indicate the destination exit, which is of course again strange. Luckily for everyone I chose to become a graphics creator in stead of an architect. :)

Regarding revamping the image: I think I'll leave it in this old, authentic shape, including its peculiarities, and go create new stuff.

Cheerio,