Fingerfoods @ 5/17/2017 12:18 commented on Miami Drive

I love the low contrast and creamsicle colors - has a real hazey, dreampop vibe. Beautiful work!

Fingerfoods @ 5/2/2017 12:13 commented on Marsh Landscape

Good use of clusters, but since you already used some light AA, I think the tree branches could use some to help vary their thickness a bit. Otherwise, this is a great piece!

Fingerfoods @ 5/9/2016 10:55 commented on Comet: Relax

I love the overall vibe of this. It's kind of alien and soothing and fun all at once.

However it really bothers me that the river/lake/pond is shown at a different perspecive from the rest of the piece.

Fingerfoods @ 2/14/2016 21:12 commented on MSX forest

There's so much CHARACTER! I love how the white tree in the back has a little smile on it. Such dedication.

Fingerfoods @ 8/4/2015 06:53 commented on Autumn saga continue

I don't necessarily think you should put in more grass variety - the grass texture itself looks very nice. The real problem here is that the leaf texture is the same size as the grass texture. The pixel clusters for the leaves should be larger than the pixel clusters for the blades of grass. Just keep everything in scale!

Also: contrast.

Fingerfoods @ 8/2/2015 09:38 commented on Cherries

Stunning

Fingerfoods @ 8/1/2015 04:49 commented on Poisonous Canyon

Wow the subtlety of the background layer is amazing.

Fingerfoods @ 7/28/2015 06:03 commented on Desert Tiles

Tiny nitpick I have is that the edges of the darker sand are a bit too defined.

But even that's reaching. Sweet virgin badgers this is beautiful.

Fingerfoods @ 7/25/2015 07:27 commented on Daily 03

This looks delicious.

Fingerfoods @ 7/22/2015 14:21 commented on New friend

You mostly have a really good grasp of the pallete and make a lot of good hue shifts, but there are a few offenders - the worst being the blue shading on the woman's dress. Also, the colors shift from warm to cold without much rhyme or reason, confusing the eye.

All in all though I think you're on the right track with your use of color. The experimentation is admirable and the composition of the image is quite good!

Fingerfoods @ 7/21/2015 11:54 commented on Balloons

Coolest dither patterns I've ever seen, and so subtle. A+ work.

Fingerfoods @ 7/9/2015 17:44 commented on Rainbow Angel

Presentation is pretty uninspired, but...I like the concept a lot.

Fingerfoods @ 7/9/2015 17:42 commented on she is a rain bringer

While the actual pixeling in this piece is excellent (especially that water, get it gurl), the composition leaves a lot to be desired. It's just too busy! Better understanding of foreground/background dynamics will help you out a lot. The light source is also hard to determine.

Like I said, though, your technique is great. Keep it up.

Fingerfoods @ 5/27/2014 07:12 commented on Loof Waterfall

IMO, the "unpolished" look gives it a slight Impressionist vibe that I really dig. The way details disappear toward the edges of the picture give it a soft-focus lens look, too. I quite like it as is!

Fingerfoods @ 12/12/2011 10:03 commented on A somewhat unhelpful sign.

Love the way the trees tile.

Fingerfoods @ 12/6/2011 22:29 commented on Behemoth

Anatomy is good, but the overall quality gets worse from top to bottom. Positioning the arm in front of the leg was a bad move.

I think this could be really good with some more polish.

Fingerfoods @ 11/11/2011 06:43 commented on Tarot CARDS(the Popess)

The background is gorgeous, but as others have said, the colors need to be pruned...a lot. A couple things that bother me about the elf chick is that her posture looks very uncomfortable (why does she have to be showing off her ass in this pic?) and the shadows in her hair are a little too saturated.

Fingerfoods @ 8/12/2011 10:24 commented on LOI Starting screen

32 colors? 32 COLORS.

I think this might be the most gorgeous pixel panoramas I've seen on this site. Bravo sir, well done.

Fingerfoods @ 6/1/2011 21:06 commented on Hill in the Woods

WOAH

Apart from the dithering in the background, this looks like it could be a miniature painting. Love the way you did the bushes; very impressionistic.

Fingerfoods @ 3/21/2011 07:13 commented on REEEEEEEETROOOOO :D

I've bitched about the new Pokemon designs quite a bit, but now that I see this I realize that I really only miss the art style (deformed, feral, muted colors). Someone needs to make a hack of Red version with these sprites ASAP.

Fingerfoods @ 3/21/2011 07:07 commented on Nature Conservation Station

Reminds me of Metroid Fusion. This would make a GREAT game map.

Fingerfoods @ 2/1/2011 15:43 commented on My kind of RPG

There's a lot of good stuff here, but I have a few nitpicks.

Contrast: I actually think that the low-contrast look works for this piece, especially in that it really makes the sprites pop. However, together with the muted pallet, it's a bit too much. I think a different light source and some bold shadows would look really good here.

Gradients: Looks fine on the message window, but the floor has a rounded look due to the shading.

Mugshot: Love the subtle backlighting on the right side of the dude's face. My only complaints with him are that the black outline looks out of place in a lot of spots, and his hair looks jagged and unrefined.

Side note: That armchair looks comfy. I want to sit in it.

Fingerfoods @ 10/14/2010 05:34 commented on Close Encounter

He looks like he's sitting even after reading the description. Have you experimented with kneeling?

Love the colors. :D

Fingerfoods @ 9/28/2010 11:48 commented on Devil's Island

This would make an amazing world map for an old-school RPG. :D

Fingerfoods @ 9/13/2010 06:27 commented on Onifarious Take 3

I agree that the glow-in-the-dark purple is awful, but this looks pretty good otherwise, although  the gray BG looks a little bit out of place.