Adarias @ 10/19/2019 19:21 commented on Birthday Party~

I've approved this because the lighting in the floor is very minor, but we would hugely appreciate if the soft effects were removed.   Generally we only allow hand-placed work in hand-chosen palettes.

Adarias @ 9/30/2019 18:31 commented on The Picture of Dorian Gray

Wow, fast turnaround!  Sets the tone for this challenge very well :D

Is this based on an existing cover?  If not, someone should do a run with this one ;)

Adarias @ 9/22/2019 14:02 commented on Every brush but the one I need...

@iLKke valid crits!  I had even intended to get to those, but this was for the Pixel Dailies, and when I realized it was morning and they were about to post the new topic, I said to myself "too late!" and submitted.  After sending it up, I didn't feel like editing -- to me the point of these is to improve, and preserving mistakes made more sense than extending the sitting.

Adarias @ 9/16/2019 09:32 commented on Portrait of Foogirl

@pixelcharpi you earned it!  Congrats on the first shiny.  Hope to see your work here again in the future :)

Adarias @ 9/16/2019 09:31 commented on Portrait of Foogirl

It’s true, the top 3 are quite spread out, but it would only take 2-3 users to significantly change ranks 4 thru 10.

This isn’t a bad thing, it means we have a large number of great pieces!

So if you love another artist’s work, remember to VOTE!

Adarias @ 9/15/2019 19:11 commented on Meredy and Quickie

Thanks Sedge!  Seems like the transition is mostly smooth; this was a good time to make the move as Labor Day / back to school has meant fewer than average pieces were submitted in the first half of this month.

Adarias @ 9/15/2019 19:04 commented on Portrait of Foogirl

This month Mattias Rotman picked up a second #1 trophy, while for the first time in my memory we have multiple “sequels” (or st least, continuations) in the top 10. Some killer animations and well-rendered scenes as well, and kudos to @prowler for giving us both a subject and a style that in 15+ years we probably haven’t seen before!

Adarias @ 9/9/2019 17:43 commented on Drink cans

This overlaps heavily with my renewed interest in trilobites..!

Adarias @ 9/9/2019 17:42 commented on Venus Milos

Interesting take on a piece generally thought to be colorless!

Adarias @ 9/3/2019 10:22 commented on Shop

Hi @Pixelflag, really liking this!

Unfortunately we still don't allow complex transparent effects.

I think the shadows are fine, since they appear hand-worked, but is it possible to re-upload without the lantern glow?  I'd be happy to approve it without those.

Adarias @ 9/2/2019 22:20 commented on Derezident evil

Hi @Cannonbreed, this work is great as usual -- Unfortunately the transparency around the gunshot, sight beam and torch are a bit more than we can accept per Rule no.5 (Effects) -- Is there any chance you could upload a version without these elements, as they don't seem critical to the work?

Adarias @ 9/1/2019 05:25 commented on Escape From Lerna B9 (Animated Mockup)

Hi @sethx, welcome to Pixel Joint!

PJ has a built-in Zoom feature, so we encourage all art to be uploaded at the original un-zoomed scale.  Since this is your first work, we’re letting it through, but it would be great if you could use the “edit” feature to upload the original scale.  Future pieces may not be accepted except at the original scale.

Thanks!

N

Adarias @ 8/30/2019 14:30 commented on Mimic

@Maxiwell given the different palette, perspective, dimensions, timing and overall design of the two mimics, we are not inclined to view this piece as infringing upon yours in any way.

That both pieces depict a mimic chest is not terribly relevant, given that the mimic archetype is at least 40 years old, and the text of the challenge references mimics directly.

if in the future you feel that your work has been ripped or stolen, please report the piece to the moderators instead, rather than commenting directly and publicly on the piece, which can cause unintended grief.

Adarias @ 8/22/2019 03:36 commented on Mr. Brown advertisement

This is an explicit political statement endorsing Mein Kampf and Nazi Party membership.  This is no longer a matter of design, aesthetics or historical interest.  These disclaimers are increasingly flimsy.  We do not allow hate speech or propaganda, even if it’s hidden behind an avatar.

Consider this a warning.

Adarias @ 8/20/2019 10:38 commented on terrorist

Andylittle good catch, unfortunately I am traveling this month and posting on airport WiFi — it looks like the awards did not get generated, even though the news item did.

I have re-run the award generation, they should appear on the pages now.

I was prepared to give consolation prizes for anyone who changed ranking (a fairly likely result of the news item going out), but the only piece adversely impacted was one of my own!

Adarias @ 8/18/2019 11:47 commented on terrorist

It must be summer, as this is the GREENEST lineup I've seen!

Adarias @ 7/27/2019 10:37 commented on Berd's Drill

Love the wiggle!

Adarias @ 7/20/2019 18:39 commented on plombir

Hi @plombir, I think when you saved your image its color space got converted.  I read #639BFF for your blue, where the rules ask for #9999FF or #99FFFF.

Can you try to correct the issue before voting?

Adarias @ 7/20/2019 08:23 commented on Dark Knight WoW (Clothed)

Hi @ciegleizt, welcome to PixelJoint!

The pixel work here is nice, I really like how the thick linework gives an almost stained-glass effect, somewhat reminiscent of the Fable series, while portraying a very different character.

Unfortunately we don't transparent effects in the gallery.  Can you remove the effect (or remake it using opaque pixels), so we can approve the piece?

Adarias @ 7/16/2019 15:46 commented on BoyDude

Surprised nobody has pointed out that #9999FF is not the same as Ice Blue #99FFFF!

I blame this mixup on my dyslexia.

Both #99FFFF and #9999FF are great colors and BOTH will be accepted.

Adarias @ 7/16/2019 15:24 commented on American football

Probably our most diverse set in a while.  As impressive as it is when one artist takes multiple trophies, it's also nice to see a medly.  Great work, everyone!

Adarias @ 7/14/2019 12:24 commented on Trees and Rocks

Really enjoy the variety and semi-naturalistic approach to the trees here.

Adarias @ 7/14/2019 05:32 commented on KdF-Wagen advertisement

I'm tentatively approving this.  Lots of people have an interest in the history of design, as well as various "what if?" scenarios.  This feels much more "Man in the High Castle" than anything else.

Everyone should be aware that works or comments espousing racist ideologies will be removed.

@Vasily_Kukushkin I think you will have a somewhat better time if you include context or disclaimers with each piece; This gallery format isn't always great for constructive dialogue, and once the angry paragraphs start, it's hard to return.

Adarias @ 7/14/2019 05:19 commented on Crying Deer

Hi @Tinystuffz,
Generally we don't allow transparent layers in pieces submitted to the gallery.  I've tentatively approved this one because the palette is still fairly limited and you've taken care to clean up effects like the dithering by hand.  In the future though, the fewer effects used in the process, the better -- for the purposes of this particular community :)

Adarias @ 7/6/2019 12:11 commented on Mines

Clever use of the palette

Could hold a lot longer on the end, seems to reset very fast