citrusfish @ 1/6/2015 07:17 commented on LUIGI 1-1

I normally get annoyed with Mario/Zelda/Metroid homages but this is fresh.

citrusfish @ 12/4/2014 18:53 commented on Space Panic

Is this a game based on the graphic icons within the Nostromo?  :D

citrusfish @ 9/29/2014 21:19 commented on Waffle Conans Gang - Network Correspondent

Thanks!  Objectively I now think it's a bit on the dark side but I figure that works with the gloomy theme.

citrusfish @ 9/21/2014 17:08 commented on Dinosword - Rotating Cheeseburger!

Burgin'!

citrusfish @ 9/5/2014 05:41 commented on Woods in which a spirit lives.

A lot of 'mess' in the background, but it also feels so thematic and painterly.  I'm really liking this.  Other than some of the dark speckled pixels I'd say you should not overly labour this.  It's like pixel concept art or something.

citrusfish @ 8/30/2014 11:52 commented on ALONNE

Head is difficult to read, I'm not sure if I'm seeing a helmet with a beard or his head drooped far down.  Really excellent piece.  The composition is good, and those shafts of light are stunning!  I love it.

citrusfish @ 8/20/2014 15:53 commented on (Isometric)Jev

The background colour is very hard on the eyes.  Try changing it to a colour that contrasts in value to the other colours or consider replacing it with transparent?

citrusfish @ 8/20/2014 14:08 commented on Piggies

The jowl flapping is inspired.

citrusfish @ 7/3/2014 14:01 commented on Tallboy Roboframe Idle

CELS I agree about the frames but this piece took so long just to draw that I had to draw a line when it came to the animation.  So easy to get carried away and never finish, right?

ADrawingMan it's got a few liberties with the palette, but the more I play with C64 the more I love it's ability to not appear cartoonish or 'game-y'.  You are welcome to do a palette swap with your own colour ideas, I bet they would be fun to compare!

citrusfish @ 9/11/2011 15:36 commented on You must gather your party before venturing forth

You do some of my favourite work on PixelJoint.  Love the head-dress and collars.

citrusfish @ 4/19/2011 05:29 commented on Yabamena Baby

Night Tech

citrusfish @ 4/18/2011 19:55 commented on Steam Mech Overheat

Please find the time to make an avatar sized version of this.  Hilarious!

citrusfish @ 4/18/2011 19:54 commented on Steam Mech Stomping Walk

If you wanted to tweak anything on this, putting a bit of animation into the small arms might be cool.  This is a really fun piece to look at.

citrusfish @ 4/13/2011 08:36 commented on Walk on the Wild Side

Fully approve of Warhol as protagonist!

citrusfish @ 4/13/2011 07:03 commented on CPC Pixel Mix

More people need to play with resolution mixing.  Myself included :)

citrusfish @ 4/13/2011 06:52 commented on Turbo Snail

Haha, love it.  Is it sticking its tongue out while firing?

citrusfish @ 4/8/2011 06:00 commented on Zombie boss

The style is excellent.  Has a much more hand sketched feel than most pixel art.

citrusfish @ 4/6/2011 07:19 commented on Raspoutine

Excellent portraits!  How 'useable' would you say Grafx2 is for modern workflows?

citrusfish @ 3/29/2011 11:17 commented on Big Bird

Gunpoint:

New game of sneaking / hacking / leaping / espionage etc.  Guy making it says he needs art and animation help.  Looks like a perfect project for the talent here.