glenn1980 @ 4/21/2011 11:43 commented on Enter 'The Bastard!'

Thank you so much! I think my next image will have a restricted palette of perhaps 8 or 16 colours to see how that works. I now understand what you mean by redundant colours and can see how I could have reduced my palette by quite a bit.

Having looked at Fool's work I am literally blown away. What that guy can do with a handful of colours is mind-numbing. He is clearly a very talented pixel-artist.

Thanks again for helping me out. Your images are fantastic by the way - the snow scene you created is particularly good.

glenn1980 @ 4/21/2011 10:46 commented on Enter 'The Bastard!'

Hi DawnBringer. Thanks for commenting on my image! Yes, although I am an illustrator and designer I am new to creating pixel-art. I did not know what pillowshading was - I do now and have read that it is - with regards to pixel-art - a great evil. I will seek to banish it from my work! Could you please clarify what you mean by the redundant colours?

glenn1980 @ 4/17/2011 01:46 commented on Shooting cowbow

Does this guy ever run out of ammo? I agree that the animation loops too quickly, but the character design is nop-notch.

glenn1980 @ 4/17/2011 01:42 commented on Zombie boss

I would hate to meet these guys on a walk home from the pub. Still, I imagine that a few shots to the skull would soon bring them down. Really well done design and animation. I like them a lot.

glenn1980 @ 4/17/2011 01:40 commented on Avatar

I think that the red works very well. This is a nice pixel illustration of a good character design.

glenn1980 @ 4/17/2011 01:38 commented on Turbo Snail

Really nice animation, particularly the explosion. Very good work.

glenn1980 @ 4/17/2011 01:37 commented on Robo-Raspoutine!

This is cool. I really like it!

glenn1980 @ 4/17/2011 01:35 commented on armor

I like the idea! Nice creative weapon design. There's nothing too bad about the perspective either - its always difficult mixing machinery with organic material. Keep up the good work!

glenn1980 @ 4/12/2011 23:55 commented on Hitlertron!

You are completely right - I don't know where I got that resolution from actually. Goes to show that you can't trust everything you read on the Internet - who'd of thought that would be possible? As for the Swastikas, well spotted but it was actually intentional to reverse them. As I said it is a 'pseudo futuristic WW2 environment' so I wanted to make some historical alterations. I was hyper-conscious that it this could come across as being offensive and while I wanted to bring some of the iconic imagery of WW2 I didn't want to replicate everything. Thanks for spotting the resolution mistake though.

glenn1980 @ 4/12/2011 12:19 commented on Colossal Katamari

This really is amazing. The colours, shading and general composition are very good. I aspire to be this great!

glenn1980 @ 4/12/2011 11:26 commented on Hitlertron!

Thanks a lot! Glad you liked it.

glenn1980 @ 4/12/2011 01:08 commented on Hitlertron!

Sorry about the resize - I have now replaced it with a cropped sample. Yes, I think I agree with you about the dithering on the boss body. I was trying to lend it a worn, battle-scarred appearance but looking back it could have benefitted from a smoother look. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.