CELS @ 5/14/2022 07:53 commented on Caelator

Cool! The design doc was a very interesting read, I learned a bunch of things, like connection between armor types and weapon types. It's always fascinating how many things like that won't occur to modern people. Very cool design too. So it's a blade of 100% quartz?

CELS @ 5/12/2022 15:31 commented on pharos gate

This captures so many of my goals in pixel art. I love it! Going to be studying this. Also I have to echo what Korban wrote.

CELS @ 5/10/2022 03:41 commented on Inanna (revisited)

Really happy to see discussion about fundamental conventions within this medium still going on in 2022 and it's also interesting to see someone else use castpixel's method because most of her recent work that I've seen is rather naive / or using a high resolution with few details - not that much pixel pushing on micro level, more huge clusters. Cool to see your take on a small, detailed sprite using this approach.

So yeah. Neat-o!

CELS @ 5/9/2022 13:21 commented on pixel hunting

Really love this. It's retro in concept but quite modern in execution, in my opinion. Awesome use of colors.

CELS @ 5/9/2022 02:42 commented on Sailor Mars

Recognized her instantly from the preview. Well done! :)

CELS @ 5/7/2022 05:13 commented on apples

That's really pretty! A very nice balance between photorealism and pixel art interpretation with clusters. Not to mention the colors.

CELS @ 5/7/2022 01:59 commented on Docks

Thanks, Cyangmou! Glad to hear there was improvement! Will keep coming back to this tricky pixel rain though.

CELS @ 5/6/2022 04:13 commented on A moment of respite

Really cool. Amazing colors, very much a feast for the mind and so different from most of the pixel art people do. One of my faves of 2022 so far.

CELS @ 5/6/2022 04:08 commented on Father Dagon

Amazing, amazing, amazing. Great design, love the use of 8 colors and large clusters. Also dig how the moon and the stars peering through the clouds hints at that cosmic horror and human insignificance. It's like a portal.

Looking at it now though, I wonder if it might be benefitial to use some of the brighter colors on the monolith and ocean waves directly beneath the moon, outside of Dagon's shadow, making them slightly shinier. I don't know.

CELS @ 5/5/2022 14:53 commented on Platformer Mockups

Awesome stuff. What I wouldn't give to play a game like this.

CELS @ 5/5/2022 09:05 commented on Docks

Thanks, bluexel. Hope I can keep this up.

CELS @ 5/5/2022 09:04 commented on Docks

Thanks, Trigonomicon! Just trying to apply the lesson from a3um again. Looking back at it, I think I need another go.

CELS @ 5/5/2022 08:58 commented on Docks

Thanks, aamatniekss!

CELS @ 5/5/2022 08:53 commented on Docks

Thanks, wakimojo! It's very motivating to hear that.

CELS @ 5/5/2022 08:52 commented on Docks

Thanks, ZapWo

CELS @ 5/5/2022 08:51 commented on Docks

Thanks, Rewind! Well, if all goes according to plan, I will do another 16 of these before Christmas, from the same universe. So... I hope people like castles and airships.

CELS @ 5/4/2022 14:57 commented on Skies of where I grew up

Incredible. Super impressive. What was the process for pixelling this? Do you use color reduction on a photo and use that as a reference or are you just eyeballing everything?

CELS @ 5/4/2022 02:54 commented on not elden ring

Fantastic rendering! Going to study this one, for sure. Also, for a moment I thought you had pixelled cure's death on a donkey.

CELS @ 5/3/2022 14:28 commented on Docks

Thanks, redmilion! Always appreciate your comments.

CELS @ 5/3/2022 14:25 commented on Docks

Thanks, Brullov, that means a lot! Glad you like it.

CELS @ 5/3/2022 01:05 commented on Docks

Weird. Thanks tho, fixed it!

CELS @ 5/2/2022 08:04 commented on Apocalypse Paints

Really great piece. 240 frames! Super impressive!  (I hate to be that guy but it's usually spelled 'indefinitely'. But hey, artistic freedom!)

CELS @ 5/2/2022 08:01 commented on Carnópodo

Terrifying. Well done!

CELS @ 5/2/2022 01:21 commented on Docks

Thanks, Umbohr! Yeah, same universe. It helps me to have a universe and a story in mind, makes me push myself more, I find.

CELS @ 5/1/2022 03:00 commented on Golden Shores

Really great work, the use of colour is inspiring!