Lathien @ 1/27/2012 16:06 commented on RPG Adult Male Base-Sprite

Good animation. Nice contrast in the palette. But the hips and legs look a little to wide, especially for an adult male as opposed to adult female.

Lathien @ 1/27/2012 16:04 commented on pilot

1 looks more like a pilot. 4 looks cooler while still looking like a pilot.

Lathien @ 1/23/2012 09:28 commented on JonTron Stuff

Why is he Banjo from Banjo Kazooie?

Lathien @ 1/22/2012 05:18 commented on Bud

@ Terrify: Thanks!

Lathien @ 1/21/2012 17:24 commented on Big ears

I'm pretty sure it's because the background was white when he made it transparent, so that color disappeared as well. So the black pixel you're seeing is actually the PJ background.

Lathien @ 1/11/2012 12:55 commented on Wall Run - Vertical Platformer

Ha, nice. But nah, came up with this all by myself :)

Lathien @ 1/11/2012 01:24 commented on Wall Run - Vertical Platformer

Which iPod game? But no, because I don't have an iPod.

Lathien @ 12/14/2011 00:38 commented on Map Editor Icon

Would give more of the land-painting idea if you made it animated with the earth spinning and the paintbrush moving up and down with land being made under it.

Lathien @ 12/13/2011 13:09 commented on Moustache Face

@ Photocopier: Yeah, you have a point! That one's really freaky though.

@ Bonhomme: Why? It's a gentleman mouth-sphere, you can tell by the moustache :D

Lathien @ 12/12/2011 17:05 commented on Toothprick ninja

I like it. Mirrors the style of the Naruto anime. I do think the arms could be a bit longer though. And I quite like the idea of a giant toothpick as a weapon, but I agree with Cure that it needs an outline. And Cure, thanks to the way the feet are planted, I'd say it looks more like hes just toying with his giant toothpick-weapon as opposed to using it for support.

Lathien @ 12/7/2011 09:45 commented on Jio

I love it. Reminds me of Madara/Tobi from Naruto :D Although it looks more like a mask than an eye.

Lathien @ 12/5/2011 12:53 commented on Cloud 'Fro

@ tanuki: YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

@ The Fry Bat: Love it. But one critique, the clouds just above her head aren't shading as harshly as the rest and thus really makes them stand out and look a little unfinished.

Lathien @ 11/30/2011 03:47 commented on Matt

I really do love the technique and level of pixel art you've done here, but I still don't think it quite looks like your ref. I made a quick edit to show what I mean. The eyebrow is just longer and thinner and so is the eye and the nose I realised is straight on your ref but in yours it starts moving into the cheek, so I moved that over a little too.

Lathien @ 11/29/2011 18:37 commented on Matt

Looks great, but the eyebrow doesn't match the ref. In the ref, it's a lot longer and thinner and the eye is thinner aswell. On first glance, I could've sworn this was meant to be that Robert Pattinson guy from Twilight.

Lathien @ 11/29/2011 01:27 commented on Headshot

Did the bullet somehow gouge her eye out without obliterating or even damaging it? Still, nice work. Although some AA might be in order.

Lathien @ 11/21/2011 10:12 commented on Fighting Games Crossover

Love it. Epsecially Raiden. Although Sub-Zero has a bit of a neanderthal-forehead going on. And may I suggest one of the street sharks. I don't know why, they just came to mind when I saw the palette.

Lathien @ 11/18/2011 17:40 commented on Tinkle Tinkle Little Ahhhh

Thankyou both, I'm glad I can entertain. :D

Lathien @ 11/9/2011 01:08 commented on Afro Lion

@ mdog95: Thanks for the advice. I think I will improve it a bit before the challenge is over. Make it look more like an afro.

@ Balamoot: Thanks, but underestimated how?

Lathien @ 11/8/2011 00:28 commented on Afro Lion

Damn, it's meant to say "Pryde", but it's really difficult to get something that small to be readable. And thanks!

Lathien @ 10/30/2011 04:03 commented on Evan Stranglerson

I can sort of see where you're going with this, but the challenge says to have the presence of the ghost clearly indicated and no matter how you explain it, at face-value this is just a painting of a guy. As for the piece, the bottom lip shouldn't have a line joining it to the edge of the mouth, I suggest you break that line just at the edge and leave the line you already have just to indicate shading under the lip. Also, the fat under his chin shouldn't join to his ear. His jaw should come from his chin and join to his ear, with that fat fold then underneath that. Finally, the back of his head is a little jagged and is missing the outline in some places.

Lathien @ 10/29/2011 04:27 commented on They'll never know

You make some good points and I'll take them under advisement. But yes, they are brains, and a popular idea in zombie mythology is that their brains swell as they zombify, hence the bulging. And yeah, I had a feeling that the mouth and moustache were too close to each other, thanks for the feedback.

Lathien @ 10/26/2011 04:03 commented on Oh no!!!

Haha, very cool idea. Although at first I thought the three lines to show that the yellow one was shocked was either a hat or a ponytail.

Lathien @ 10/26/2011 04:00 commented on Hallo-Skull

Thankyou! It's the first piece where I've really gone all-out on the AA.

Lathien @ 10/26/2011 03:58 commented on Ray WJ Pixel Portrait

Ha. I just tried to copy as accurately as I could from my ref.

And yeah, there's too many problems to go into but I'm pretty proud of it for my first pixel piece.

Lathien @ 10/25/2011 15:02 commented on Hallo-Skull

Damn! I didn't realise. I thought it just had to fit for a detail file. Oh well, guess I'll make another av now.