Faceless @ 8/30/2022 02:50 commented on 10 Tarot Cards

These are cool. I'm not a huge fan of the bull headed devil though. It reads as a Minotaur to me. I'd change it to the traditional goat's head personally.

Faceless @ 2/16/2014 18:45 commented on dead end

I'm curious as to the dates of each of these.

Are they in chronological order?

Oh, and of course, awesome stuff. I particularly like the snow scene.

Faceless @ 1/19/2014 22:15 commented on Sherlock and Watson

Martin Freeman looks great, but Cumberbatch is a little off. His jaw is nowhere near that defined or square. His face is actually quite ovular. I can instantly tell the reference you've used after a quick google search, and I think you've interpreted his neck as part of his jaw.

Faceless @ 12/10/2013 16:09 commented on Tree

This is great and shows huge imporvement over some of your previous efforts.

Faceless @ 12/5/2013 15:14 commented on Level 5 - Desert

Was going to comment on the palette until I read your description. Nice work. I think the spider bots could use a tilt in perspective to match the background more.

Faceless @ 11/17/2013 21:35 commented on Castiel Portrait

You can't reasonably expect anyone to believe you didn't trace this when the pixels line up so perfectly with your reference. I'm convinced the hair is a result of colour reduction with some minor touchups, and following from that, it's not a stretch to assume the whole image was colour reduced and then cleaned up.

Maybe you did use the method you described though, I'm willing to accept that, but copying pixels in the manner you claim is hardly any different from tracing or colour reducing. Reproducing a face so perfectly with a pencil and paper is impressive, but when you're just filling in pixels on a grid based upon an image that's also comprised of pixels on a grid, the feat is not particularly remarkable, except in the tediousness of the process.

Faceless @ 9/11/2013 01:41 commented on smb 1-1

Like carnivac, the perspective mismatch between fore and background actually hurts my head to look at which is a shame because this is otherwise excellent.

Faceless @ 9/6/2013 15:47 commented on Mega Venusaur

I wish the official art/model had the lines and variance of depth that you've given to the head flower.

Faceless @ 9/6/2013 00:43 commented on RNGG

I made two versions to give bisnap the option. It's up to him to choose now.

Faceless @ 7/10/2013 18:39 commented on Victorious Tricyclon

Got to agree with DB. Your palette doesn't mesh well with the Pixeljoint grey. Some outlines are completely lost.

Faceless @ 5/29/2013 13:47 commented on Autumn Forest

I really like what you've done with the grass, but I think the contrast is too high in your trees' leaves.

I've made a quick little edit to demonstrate:

Faceless @ 5/28/2013 21:40 commented on Giant Squid

Really nice update.

Faceless @ 5/28/2013 14:09 commented on Giant Squid

Whilst I question the textures you've chosen for the squid, it's technically very well done. You might want to try using a bright highlight on some of the tentacle edges to give the appearance of them being shiny/slimy/wet.

Faceless @ 5/25/2013 16:56 commented on Indy

It's just a case of placing pixels until you've achieved a likeness. I don't have any specific procedure.

Faceless @ 5/25/2013 13:01 commented on Indy

You make some very valid points ptoing. I've updated the folds and modified the outline. Hopefully that's improved things.

I might make a proper scene for him later, but this was just a quickie to give myself a break from revision.

Faceless @ 3/22/2013 05:41 commented on Sunset Skirmish

The background is excellent but kind of confusing to me at the same time. Was this always supposed to be a sunset scene? I can't help but feel the grass looks like it's being lit by the moon.

Faceless @ 1/13/2013 17:15 commented on Distant Lands

This is pretty awesome. Having said that, I prefer the composition of the preview to the full piece.

Faceless @ 1/13/2013 11:22 commented on The Banding of Isaac

Don't worry, I'm not stopping. I have posted them on Reddit, but I'm not really one for Twitter so that's as far as it'll get in terms of publicity. To be 100% honest, my hope is that "texture mods" are a feature in the game as it's the only way I see of these ever getting used.

Faceless @ 1/11/2013 14:36 commented on The Art in Rebirth Sucks!

@Nevercreature:

It's all about practice.

@Theoden:

Good to hear.

Faceless @ 1/11/2013 09:11 commented on Blue Fairy

I like this, she has lots of character. Could be cleaner though.

Faceless @ 1/11/2013 03:38 commented on The Art in Rebirth Sucks!

@Dyl: Thanks. They could probably be a lot better, but I want to remake all the characters that have been shown so far, so I don't want to spend too long on them.

@Connor: Um... can't really agree with you on Loki. There's pillow shading and banding everywhere. I don't think it accurately represents the character either. As for the Duke, I'm pretty sure that is the idle frame: http://edmundm.com/image/38264552633 (all the other characters are in their idle frames)

@Theoden: I've updated the eyes. Hopefully they're better.

@GTK: Thanks man.

@skamocore: Yeah I was pretty lazy with the palettes. Used almost the exact same palette as the originals with the intention of showing that the pixel work was an issue in the Rebirth sprites (not that mine is perfect).

@Ashbad: Thanks. I probably should have cooked these guys in the oven longer, and sought critique, but I really want to get them all done, and I know if I obsess over them I won't. I've updated Loki slightly, so hopefully he's better.

Faceless @ 1/9/2013 23:33 commented on older ryu

Really nice, and clean pixel work on this one. I really admire your restraint; I always tend to overwork things. One area I think could use a touch more detail is his right bicept. Helm added a highlight, but a crease running down from his shoulder would work just as well.

Also, I think ptoing's colour edit is great.

Faceless @ 1/4/2013 01:07 commented on Chasm - Tavern

I think this is your best mockup/screenshot to date.

Only thing that bothers me is the character's short legs and super long arms.

I realise it's probably a stylistic decision, but it's not one I like.

Faceless @ 12/17/2012 18:20 commented on RPG Game : The Town

I would encourage you to disregard the comments of the people saying they prefer the first version of the character sprite. It's overly generic and doesn't mesh well with the style you've set in the tileset. I really do think reducing the size of the arms (length and width) would be of enormous benefit to the proportions of the sprite.

Faceless @ 12/17/2012 10:37 commented on RPG Game : The Town

You're making some fantastic progress with these, but a few things are standing out to me as off:

1. The symmetry of the tree's roots. Also the perspective seems off.

2. The scale of some objects is really weird. The crates and signpost in particular are way too small. I also think the girl is too tall. I would shorten her arms, lengthen the dress slightly, and remove her feet entirely.

3. The rock doesn't look like part of the landscape at all. It looks like an item for the player to interact with.