Geonjaha @ 11/4/2017 16:18 commented on The Mummy Demastered

Amazing art. Unfortunate that it has to be Wayforward to bring games to life with such beautiful pixel art, but I guess few other companies are interested in doing so.

Geonjaha @ 10/8/2017 10:27 commented on Octobit. Day 4. Rotten.

Hey this is awesome! Definitely your best work so far.

Geonjaha @ 7/8/2017 04:55 commented on DustyCraft Item Sheet

Really nice set, and a lot of good improvements. The only ones I prefer the originals for would probably be the metal bars, because the new ones look more like loaves of bread.

Geonjaha @ 7/7/2016 14:49 commented on ESPEON used PSYBEAM!

- When you're making pixel art, make sure to save the files as .png and not .jpeg, as it distorts the image, and such is no longer pixel art.

- If you're uploading to pixel joint, try to upload it at its smallest resolution, not upscaled, because the site comes with a built in zoom feature.

- I'm also quite certain that a lot of the sprites in this image are not your own, and are from official Pokemon games. Only work that you have made is allowed.

Geonjaha @ 6/19/2016 11:36 commented on Toro Garden

All the way to the monthly top piece! Great stuff man.

Geonjaha @ 5/13/2016 01:35 commented on Item/Weapon Asset Pack

Thanks man, I've been pretty busy recently, so having a project like this that I can keep adding to a bit at a time has been good motivation. :)

Geonjaha @ 8/19/2015 02:57 commented on Forest Lord

Great piece Deryk! You've improved so much.

Geonjaha @ 8/6/2015 14:47 commented on Pyramid temple

Nice! I love the colours you chose for this.

Geonjaha @ 6/7/2015 11:16 commented on Stone Brick Tower

Yeah. Trying to retexture the flat section on the top.

Geonjaha @ 6/7/2015 04:57 commented on Shoot'Em Up Ship 1 Design Concept

If you're looking for direct feedback before submission there is a WIP section of the forum that you can post in.

As for the piece; the first one has far too much pillow shading. There is some in the second one, but it is better. With so few colours you might also want to consider dithering in some sections - its a stylistic choice though, and that one's your call. I do prefer the light at the front of the first ship to the second one though as it stands out more.

Geonjaha @ 3/30/2014 11:05 commented on Deep space

A big part of pixel art is trying to keep a colour count as low as possible without affecting the quality of the art. This piece would probably look the same with around 12 colours. It isn't necessarily important, but it's good practice to keep a palette for both the making of the art and if the art is being used in a game etc.

But anyway - this piece is great, I really like it.

Geonjaha @ 3/19/2014 06:53 commented on Self Portrait

Always nice to see new people getting into pixel art. :D

It's a good start - but I'd recommend increasing the contrast in general. The hair in particular has a good amount of detail, but the colours are just too similar to see it. I'd also say that the shirt could use one more colour and maybe some more texturing. I made a quick edit to show just how different the hair can look with a little bit of increased contrast, but I also added a little texturing to the shirt (dithering probably isnt appropriate here though, but again I'd add another colour).

Other than that I'd say decrease the colour count of greens on the eye (far too many colours, and again - the difference isnt very obvious), and smooth out the hair a little more (there are a couple of jagged-y bits that could use a little editing. Apart from that though its not bad. Good luck with your future stuff. :)

Geonjaha @ 3/19/2014 06:48 commented on dead end

This is astoundingly good. Please let me know if you're ever working on the art for a game - I'll be buying it. :P

Geonjaha @ 1/24/2014 06:26 commented on Monster 1

Looks like something from a GBC Dragon Quest game. Good stuff. ;)

Geonjaha @ 1/18/2014 14:08 commented on Some Icon

That's some icon alright. :P

Geonjaha @ 12/16/2013 07:25 commented on RPG Mockup - Player Races

The outlines are a bit too thick in my opinion. You might want to try just trimming the edges on them and seeing if it improves them. You might need to rework the lower body a little but I think it'd be worth it.

Geonjaha @ 12/14/2013 06:52 commented on Hera stealth walk

The legs are very well proportioned and animated, and the sword is pixelled nicely, but the whole upper body is just so strangely shaped. 0.o

Geonjaha @ 12/10/2013 10:54 commented on Rings

Are these rings, or clasps? Why is there an inner layer?

Geonjaha @ 12/10/2013 10:53 commented on .

The sprite itself is well made but the size and colours just mean its practically unreadable.

Geonjaha @ 12/10/2013 10:52 commented on Winter Wonderland

Try to upload your images in their original resolution, as the site comes with a zoom in feature already. All I can really say about this piece is that maybe you should work on the edges, make sure they're all perfect (no jaggies or rough edges) and add some more detail.

Geonjaha @ 12/3/2013 09:42 commented on Platformer Cave level

Nice. I like how the background has a lower contrast level, but it makes the barrels on the top left and doors stick out a bit too much. Maybe increasing the contrast on the doorways would help the issue; either that or decrease the contrast of the doors. Other than that though its great. :)

Geonjaha @ 11/26/2013 15:06 commented on The Legendary Anubis

Haha, its adorable. Love it. :P

Geonjaha @ 11/20/2013 09:28 commented on Apricot

This seems very close to not being pixel art. :x

Geonjaha @ 11/18/2013 06:21 commented on Destiny Emerald - Mayan Temple

The graphics are obviously Zelda-inspired, but (unlike a lot of other Zelda inspired works) are unique enough to stand on their own. Really nice work. :)

Geonjaha @ 11/18/2013 03:31 commented on Walter

These are all very small pieces. Maybe you should combine them into one upload?