Shawn @ 5/14/2015 09:00 commented on dczx

it was a commission

Shawn @ 7/2/2014 09:42 commented on Generation of Miracles

Before I even saw my name in the description, It pulled me in and I felt compelled to have a go and giving it an edit. Not sure if that counts as a compliment or insult but I don't hate them, they definitely do have potential.

I don't watch Kuroko's so I'm not super familiar with the character so I tried to focus more on objective criticism than character specific stuff and the main issue is that the poses don't feel entirely natural or believable.

Typically I recommend starting with really loose sketches you have no issue with resizing, moving, rotating and overall playing with until perfection, before really refining and shading and adding details. It helps to study a bit of gesture and poses from watching real people or just looking at photos or a video or something.

Hope this helps. KEEP AT IT, it's just observation and practice. You'll get there soon enough.

Shawn @ 5/31/2014 16:27 commented on Four of 'Em

ahh omg, youre so good at animating. these are great

Shawn @ 4/22/2014 14:58 commented on Breath of Fire 7

Should be titled BOF6, because this is beautiful and this is what I truly want over that crappy excuse of a game Capcom's doing.

Shawn @ 3/8/2014 09:10 commented on Big Bird

Zizka, after a certain point positive comments have literally no impact. People aren't oblivious to their own skill level, 1up knows he's good at spriting, what he wants is criticism so he can further improve, which is entirely reasonable.

Shawn @ 3/7/2014 21:51 commented on Call Of Duty: Black Ops, and a print of Joseph Stalin. Žižek pours Coke Zero into plastic McDonald

excelent pixel art Quwrof Wrlccywrlir my favourite character

Shawn @ 3/7/2014 21:48 commented on DID YOU NOTICE HOW THE STANDARD ACADEMIC LEFT LIKES NOTHING MORE THAN AN ATTEMPTED REVOLUTION GOING

this reminder me of gameboy game i play as child, castlevania

Shawn @ 3/7/2014 21:47 commented on "My God, I will make the English people happy, even if I have to force them to with the army, and so

i love metal gear revengance solid rising, easily my favourite playstation three video game title of 2013! wow!

Shawn @ 3/1/2014 12:47 commented on Big Bird

Ok, I'll admit that I was rude in my initial responses and I could have just taken the compliments and left it at that but my issue to begin with is that there's no constructive value to being compared to other artists and therefore there's absolutely no reason to point it out. Obviously my artwork is far from being innovative or original so there's bound to be comparisons between stuff I'm making and stuff other artists on this site are making but I explicitly said I don't like being told my art is similar to that of other artists. For some reason the people on this site interpret that simple request as an excuse to be funny and repeatedly post comparisons on my pixel art, which is not only really not helping anyone, it's really disrespectful to me and my art.

I'm not claiming to be the most skilled or original artist, I just want to be appreciated for my own work and not how it relates to other peoples, much like anyone else on this site would be hoping for.

I apologize for being rude but this goes both ways. My rudeness isn't an excuse to go ahead and essentially just degrade my artwork of any value it may have and insult my desire for wanting to be seen as my own person.

Shawn @ 2/28/2014 22:26 commented on Big Bird

http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/33732.htm he's this person and he's essentially just a lesser clone of 1up/mojry/hunter russell.

proof of this being http://i.imgur.com/VJYqlF7.gif as one example.

Shawn @ 2/28/2014 20:42 commented on Big Bird

Here's a diagram showing Mojry, my and level-1's sprites in that order.

Now personally, I've known Mojfry, the artist formerly known as 1up, for a long ass time and I can guarantee that his sprites existed prior to level-1's and level-1 very visibly draws inspiration from him to the point where he's flat out using the exact same aesthetics and techniques, AND I REALLY DON'T SEE HOW I FIT INTO THIS ONE. everyone keeps fucking mentioning that my art looks like level-1's but NO I DON'T SEE IT. I don't see how my art is similar to his beyond maybe colours, and I don't like his art in the slightest, which isn't a topic I'd like to get into, so I'd really prefer if people stopped saying MY ART LOOKS LIKE HIS because it's flat out insulting and degrading to the artwork I'm putting so much time and effort into.

Shawn @ 2/28/2014 20:12 commented on Big Bird

can someone explain what the deal is with the commenters on this site and feeling the need to say my style is similar to level-1 ON EVERY SINGLE THING I POST? it's really god damn annoying.

Shawn @ 2/28/2014 08:34 commented on 4 more

Shawn @ 2/24/2014 17:55 commented on double k

Please don't say stuff like that to me. :S

Shawn @ 2/23/2014 09:43 commented on big mac

Alright, I removed the shadow. How's this one?

Shawn @ 11/18/2013 18:29 commented on watermelon

This is the single most flawless piece of pixel art I have ever laid my eyes upon. You, sir, should be wildly proud of yourself, you have created an absolute masterpiece and have revolutionized the world of pixel art as we know it. Damn fine work, kid. Keep it up!

Shawn @ 10/2/2013 17:38 commented on hxh

how can he be shawn if i'm shawn, though?

Shawn @ 7/14/2013 18:17 commented on Violet Devil

cute. i was able to recognize the character immediately, so good job with that!

Shawn @ 6/24/2013 14:34 commented on Warrior

yeah, the lineart was by me. very nice job!!

Shawn @ 4/19/2013 15:36 commented on 8bit-esque Mockups

hot dang these are wonderful. i love the variety of textures, even at such a small resolution.

Shawn @ 4/12/2013 11:22 commented on Ralph (remake)

Very cute, but I'd advise that if you're going to put in the effort to make a larger sprite of the character, you should also put in a little bit more with shading, details and generally adding to the character's personality. Consider the outfit or facial expression in the characters official artworks and try to implement some of that into the sprite.

Shawn @ 4/3/2013 16:01 commented on bun

Thanks!! I got rid of the green pixel. :P

Shawn @ 3/30/2012 17:52 commented on Brobdingnagian Penumbra

not seeing the inspiration at all tbh. it's nice and clean though

Shawn @ 3/11/2012 15:23 commented on Let's be honest here guys...

beautifully done.

Shawn @ 3/8/2012 21:52 commented on FGNTIGH GMASE

i was gonna do a soccer ball but it kept coming out ugly so i made it a rock :/