skittle @ 8/17/2017 06:05 commented on Big Bird

Pixelart was a horrible idea.

skittle @ 8/12/2017 07:45 commented on Big Bird

Yea I can imagine that being what it is. Still tho, I thought my colours were pretty okay for some of my pieces, turns out this whole time they  were ass ;(

skittle @ 8/11/2017 21:04 commented on Big Bird

this one http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test

Everything is a bit yellow but apparently it's more accurate than my previous screen. Idk Im very confused

skittle @ 8/11/2017 16:11 commented on Big Bird

Does anyone know that site where you can test to see if the colours on your screen are proper?

edit nvm got it

skittle @ 8/11/2017 08:59 commented on bullshit shrine thing

Mhmmm, hopefully I'm getting you here, sort of something along the lines of a stiffness about the piece emerging because of where perfectionism for the medium is trying to be achieved? I honestly think it's just the unfinished nature of this particular piece that is maybe what's catching your eye.
Either way, I'm happy that you think this is bringing something new to the table for you : )

skittle @ 8/8/2017 21:21 commented on bullshit shrine thing

Thanks for all the kind stuff you say mandrill

@dpixel
thanks! If anything I'm quite satisfied with the lighting too.

@dokitsu
Thanks man :D

@theo
Aha, yea had a couple others say it, I don't see it but im glad you guys think so :)

skittle @ 8/8/2017 21:19 commented on Big Bird

Thought pj was dead for good

@green
that's an awfully confusing picture aha

skittle @ 8/5/2017 07:07 commented on Big Bird

17. Both 15 and 16.

skittle @ 8/5/2017 06:44 commented on Big Bird

15. pixelart from /r/pixelart

skittle @ 8/5/2017 06:28 commented on bullshit shrine thing

Thanks tony! Been awhile since I've seen you post anything on here : )

@Taki
Yea, I do tend to spend a lot of time tweaking colours, so that's nice to hear!

@gecimen
That's true. Idk tho, in general I do tend to like the feel of x2 for pixelart.

@andy

Aha, thanks so much man, good luck with your game :D

@beepboop pakid & Dino
Thanks guys, I appreciate it a lot!

skittle @ 8/3/2017 10:28 commented on bullshit shrine thing

Just changed it to x1. I figured it looks nicer at x2 and would leave a better impression since some people might not zoom in.

@pixer
Glad you think so :)

skittle @ 8/3/2017 08:06 commented on bullshit shrine thing

ty Daniele, love u homie :D

@elk
That's fucking hot

@solo & fleja
Thanks guys!

skittle @ 8/2/2017 07:21 commented on bullshit shrine thing

Aha thanks man! I saw the figure drawings you've been doing, they're so good :O

@upper, dopple & gennoveus
thanks guys :D

skittle @ 8/1/2017 19:25 commented on bullshit shrine thing

Yea, that's sort of something that I've learnt now over the past year or so. I Usually get much better results if I just scrap a thing that's not going over too well and restart entirely, even if I've put a fair amount of work into it. I think it's important to not be "in love" with the first thing you make, however I'm sure that's very subjective. I have tried to go back and polish it but I just wasn't feeling it, looking back on it there's a lot of underlying issues besides polish that could use some work -at the time I think I got what was needed out from the piece, I think. Thanks a lot jinn <3

@amorph
Thanks! Wish you had more wesnoth stuff in your gallery, your animations are gold!

@sqd
Yea I feel you. That's the big reason why I'm transitioning to digital painting, much easier to get away with a less polished looking piece.

@chrilley
Yea agreed, that's for sure the biggest spot that could use some work.

@quake
Yea I get what you're saying, to a certian degree I think you may be right -still no denying the obvious areas that are a bit of an eye sore. Thanks man.

skittle @ 7/30/2017 08:12 commented on Big Bird

He's lurking is all. Hi adarias :D

skittle @ 7/11/2017 08:35 commented on Wee Mee

Surprised this hasn't been done before. So many potential point and click mockups.

skittle @ 7/7/2017 08:35 commented on Big Bird

I've never made a single palette for any use like the DB palettes, but some good rules imo are; use warm lights, and cold darks -and vice versa is a good tip to start with (there's always a lot more going on than just that ofc). Greys look warm on cool colours, but look cold on warm colours. Greys are are also useful for bridging gaps between two hues in some cases (see mandrill's work) but ye, just some simple things.

I think focusing on creating single palettes for specific use would be a better start than making a universal pallete if you're just starting (not 100% sure if one is better than the other for learning)

still need to get around to finishing this, but throwing it out there for whoever <removed link> "colour theory" but ye

skittle @ 6/29/2017 06:59 commented on Incommunicado

That's super cool. Looks so good at x1

edit: going to be a lot of " insert pixelplacement only critque here"  comment

skittle @ 6/25/2017 06:01 commented on Big Bird

Happy Birthday jenny 1113 and Keany

skittle @ 6/18/2017 15:15 commented on Big Bird

AndyLittle's piece was already pushed off the front page ;(

skittle @ 6/18/2017 09:01 commented on Big Bird

kinky shit

skittle @ 6/18/2017 08:55 commented on Big Bird

Water u wearing rn

skittle @ 6/18/2017 08:27 commented on Big Bird

Ur not convincing anyone. That's a seal

skittle @ 6/17/2017 14:21 commented on Big Bird