Pheno @ 4/9/2017 16:31 commented on moo

And here I was, thinking I had a shot at first. Excellent work here; great clusters, eye-catching colors, nice understanding of lighting, the whole 9 yards.

Pheno @ 4/4/2017 14:28 commented on Shadow of the Colossus

I could immediately tell this was Gaius. Good work!

Pheno @ 4/3/2017 14:37 commented on Rab.Bit

Again, what does this have to do with the weekly challenge?

Pheno @ 4/3/2017 14:36 commented on Gorillaz

Good colors, good clusters, good everything. Very nice work.

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 14:23 commented on Pix-platform

What's this got to do with the weekly challenge?

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 14:23 commented on "Charlie" Attack sprite set by Arthur Zemlyanskiy

What's this got to do with the weekly challenge?

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 06:01 commented on Lord Of The Flies

Real good stuff. Be careful of banding in your shading and AA, though.

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 05:58 commented on Pine Chomp Icon

Very cute! The effort in this piece is really evident. You did a really good job for your first time! It's a bit tough to give tips because it's hard to tell what's error and what's a stylistic choice, but for future reference you might want to thicken up color-on-color lines like those in your hair. Making those lines more chunky gives them character, and it makes the implied texture and forms look nicer, in my opinion.

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 05:55 commented on What Do I Say?

It's easy to see you're a beginner, but it's also easy to see you're passionate about the art, based on the amount of time that must have gone into animating this. You seem to already have a basic grasp on pixel art, but feel free to visit Cure's amazing tutorial on the basics for advice on how to make stuff look clean and sleek. You're off to a good start, mate!

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 05:51 commented on Bird

Good stuff. Not sure what the bright green background does for you, though. Also, since you can zoom into pictures cleanly on PixelJoint, there's no need to blow up the art like you've done here. I dig the shapes, they're very simple and clean.

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 05:46 commented on Feel Good Inc

Wow, this is pretty good. With the underside of the island you demonstrate a pretty good understanding of form and depth. Sadly, it's pretty easy to see where you were rushed to finish, but it's a good entry regardless.

Pheno @ 4/2/2017 05:43 commented on The Outlaw Murdoc Eastwood

Forgot this challenge could be about singular characters, and I briefly wondered if someone had gone for Murdoc is God!

Pheno @ 2/8/2017 04:21 commented on Infinite Lon Lon Milk Glitch

Kinda feels like the preview and the art should be switched, to me. Good forms and colors, especially on the stream of milk.

Pheno @ 1/29/2017 08:38 commented on Squiggler2

I have the same problem, but personally, I'd take a more extreme angle to the action, either lower on the Z axis or more tilted to the left.

Though, I did read 7heSama's comment, and after flipping this along the vertical axis in MS Paint, I'm surprised to say that I'm more comfortable with that result than I was with this angle. I still find it awkward compared to a more side-oriented view, but it is something of which to take note.

Pheno @ 1/21/2017 19:40 commented on Squiggler2

Visually impressive, but I'd never ever play a pixelated game with a camera angle like this. Interesting to look at, though!

Pheno @ 1/16/2017 13:11 commented on Mega-Man Style

I was stone-cold expecting some Mega Man Sprite Comic fanart, by the preview. Looks good, especially on the player and enemy sprites.

Pheno @ 1/14/2017 11:26 commented on Ugly as Praxis

It's an effect called ditherlacing; what you're seeing is two frames where the dithering pattern alternates, so when it flickers at a proper rate it looks like a smooth, third color - in this case, gray.

Pheno @ 1/7/2017 14:53 commented on Avatar

That lighting makes me feel things. Both in my chest and in my pants. Good stuff.

Pheno @ 12/25/2016 14:08 commented on orn-dxc

Unreadable at this size. Looks nice sized down to only 2x resolution (instead of 5x).

Pheno @ 11/19/2016 08:53 commented on Witcher 2D mockup

By far the cleanest use of the DB16 palette I've seen.

Pheno @ 11/7/2016 13:34 commented on V for Vendetta

PixelJoint has a function that allows viewers to zoom in on pictures; unless you're putting these somewhere other than just PixelJoint?

Pheno @ 11/6/2016 11:49 commented on Bat Demon

Not if you think it should be there. I just found it confusing, and it sort of gave me the impression that the image wasn't finished.

Pheno @ 11/6/2016 11:41 commented on The Sacred Sword

There are a lot of colors here that feel unnecessary to me, particularly on the sword and especially on the grass. A lot of the colors are nearly the same, and make the grass texture look more like JPEG artifacts. Really, with all art (and especially with pixel art), if your eye can't easily detect the contrast between two colors, you're better off making them into one. I do, however, like the cloudy effect in the background, and how it frames the focus of the image.

Pheno @ 11/6/2016 11:36 commented on V for Vendetta

I don't know about the Pixaki app, but, so you know, there's no reason to scale the image up as you've done here. You could leave the image at its native resolution and not even need to have a preview file (unless you want the canvas to be as large as it is).

Pheno @ 11/6/2016 11:33 commented on Bat Demon

Why's the palette included in the preview?