Pheno @ 7/20/2017 23:56 commented on Sansy Devito

I like this, but at the same time, I hate this. You know?

Pheno @ 7/18/2017 21:34 commented on tile test

neat concept, but almost impossible to read/interpret.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 15:45 commented on where wolf? there wolf!

Yeah, this looks much better. In future pieces like this, I'd add an in-between silhouette to kind of bridge the gap between the two creatures and make the transformation smoother. Really good shading and textures here.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:53 commented on Vivi from FF9

Gennoveus is right. Unfortunately, the use of soft brushes does disqualify this from being pixel art, meaning this can't be accepted into the gallery in its current form. For sprites of this size, I'd recommend sticking to just the pencil and fill bucket (and turning off anti-aliasing if necessary).

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:50 commented on what does the fox say

At the framerate this uses, the transforming animation is not very convincing. If you doubled or tripled the framerate and had the idle animations hold on their frames for twice or three times as long, that could help with the issue.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:48 commented on mantis

I like the look of this. I don't see the point of adding "MANTIS" to the picture, though.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:46 commented on don't stop beweaving

Really dig your style. The warm shading here is really great.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:45 commented on lights touch the earth

The soft, smooth lighting of the background kind of clashes with the aliased, outlined elk. You've also got a lot of colors here that don't really add to the piece, which is a bit of a faux pas. This doesn't stop the actual art from being eye-catching and tasty, though.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:40 commented on Dr.Francisco (The Legend of Three Heroes)

I think you should be uploading all of these together in one file, not separately.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:35 commented on Made in Abyss

Cute! Has an old PC game vibe to it, sort of. I like the character's design.

Pheno @ 7/17/2017 14:34 commented on Black Mage from ff12

This is a recolor of the Black Mage from Final Fantasy 1. Pixeljoint is not the place for sprite edits or recolors; please only submit original art.

Pheno @ 7/15/2017 10:14 commented on Chess Set

I love that they still have their silhouettes.

Pheno @ 7/13/2017 14:27 commented on Your Brain on Bobs!

excellent work. totally thought the "BOBS" in the brain spelled "PISS" though

Pheno @ 6/23/2017 19:03 commented on i

Reminds me of cure.

Pheno @ 6/21/2017 22:42 commented on Ram Skull

there goes this challenge, lmao

Pheno @ 6/21/2017 19:19 commented on The sun of the party

Hot damn.

Pheno @ 6/21/2017 10:27 commented on gemeralds

Done. Interestingly enough, simply labeling the colors makes them look more like the colors, by some kind of placebo.

Pheno @ 6/20/2017 19:22 commented on Trolls

How's this? The edits are super subtle, but every pixel counts!

Drawing feet is hard.

Pheno @ 6/20/2017 14:11 commented on Trolls

Hey, Tarenken!

Thank you for the very thorough critique. You've got a good critical eye, and a lot of what you said ended up working out when I tried it.

Here is the edited picture with the fixes you suggested. You'll notice that the flower girl's foot is still at an odd angle - this is because the intention was for one leg to be bent, with her toes flush to the ground. However, since it was hard enough to read that you thought it was an error, I did a quick once-over on her foot to make it more three-dimensional (and there is just no room for a fifth toe, so four is all she gets). I fixed the seadweller's and the big guy's shoulders, as well; the fix works very well on the latter, but I'm questioning it on the former. Big boy's foot is also simpler now.

Do these tweaks fix the problems you saw? I don't want to cause unnecessary traffic by editing a picture several times, so I won't post the edit until it looks its best.

Pheno @ 5/13/2017 07:06 commented on Inferno Cs Go

Seems like everything has a different style here to me. I really love how the trees look, and I'd like to see that kind of simple texturing applied to all the textures here.

Pheno @ 5/4/2017 12:43 commented on 1-bit Girl

now ditherlace it

Really nice stuff!

Pheno @ 5/2/2017 12:40 commented on Chase

Excellent stuff, but I think the way the headlights are done actually detracts from the picture.

Pheno @ 4/9/2017 16:31 commented on moo

And here I was, thinking I had a shot at first. Excellent work here; great clusters, eye-catching colors, nice understanding of lighting, the whole 9 yards.

Pheno @ 4/4/2017 14:28 commented on Shadow of the Colossus

I could immediately tell this was Gaius. Good work!

Pheno @ 4/3/2017 14:37 commented on Rab.Bit

Again, what does this have to do with the weekly challenge?