Amorph @ 7/4/2018 18:40 commented on Popup Book

I like how the comparitvely untextured rendering of the people makes them stand out against the background grit. The whole scene is really beautiful as usual, too!

Amorph @ 6/24/2018 18:02 commented on Train station

Really cool to see you doing stuff at higher resolutions! Looks great like all your other stuff.

Amorph @ 6/12/2018 19:54 commented on Daggers of Dagon
Really cool. The look achieved by ditching AA and not obsessing over banding is quite effective on the whole, though a few areas could use some cluster cleanup. Is the game supposed to move from right to left, or is that just a byproduct of the composition you came up with? Some allusion I’m missing?

Amorph @ 5/22/2018 17:09 commented on Pig

Love this!

Amorph @ 5/19/2018 14:18 commented on Teamwork

I wish I could favorite this twice.

Amorph @ 4/22/2018 07:25 commented on Croc

Your pixel art keeps leveling up!

Amorph @ 4/14/2018 16:19 commented on Retro Futurism

Really cool! The colors are great like Zephyrrite said, and the rendering of the clouds and the structures emerging from them is quite satisifying too.

Amorph @ 4/1/2018 00:52 commented on After cocefi

Haha, this is awesome, and not too far off the mark stylistically. You did make it harder on yourself by choosing the dreary look, I think, but it’s an interesting contrast to cocefi’s usual subject matter.

Amorph @ 2/28/2018 19:13 commented on Crystal Dragon

Pretty fast! And fair enough — I mistook the yellow 2x2 cluster closest to the teeth as an eyeball... looks cool either way.

Amorph @ 2/27/2018 15:44 commented on Crystal Dragon

You could stand to make the eye stick out a little more, but this is really impressive regardless. How many hours are you averaging while drawing these?

Amorph @ 2/5/2018 01:10 commented on Brigett

Love it!

Amorph @ 1/20/2018 20:54 commented on sleep.png

OCEANSCENTED is back and wonderful as ever!

Amorph @ 1/1/2018 13:47 commented on Self Portrait at 28

I feel like some of the decisions about what to make heavily antialiased and out of focus and what to make more sharply outlined and crisp are a bit odd, but on the whole it’s got loads of depth and is quite aesthetically pleasing.

Amorph @ 12/31/2017 23:29 commented on 11

Hey, that’s some really awful shit you’re going through. I know words from a stranger on the internet can’t make things right, but they’ll get better. Take care of yourself.

Amorph @ 12/6/2017 22:34 commented on DB8 - Palette Test

A new DawnBringer palette and mockup -- Christmas has officially come early. I'll have to study this closely!

Amorph @ 10/26/2017 23:53 commented on Samurai

This is impressive -- I'm definitely going to come back and examine this more the next time I'm trying to make a pixel animation look fluid. Your website is filled with great stuff, too!

Amorph @ 10/24/2017 19:31 commented on Heavy Police-force

5/5.

Amorph @ 10/14/2017 18:31 commented on Batteryman!

Thanks for stepping up!

Amorph @ 9/7/2017 16:42 commented on Stift Fiecht

Can't decide if I like the tower or the background better... They're both so expertly-realized, and they complement each other quite well -- the softness of the sky makes the crispness and angularity of the tower's rendering stand out in greater relief. Sehr schoen!

Amorph @ 9/3/2017 09:38 commented on Indivisible's Peaceful Area

This looks fantastic! I especially like the rendering on the rock walls -- they have a nice, rough-hewn feel that you pulled off without creating a noisy texture. The only thing that puzzles me is the non-mirrored silhouettes for the reflections in the water; was this a result of NES restrictions?

(Also: Kasumi posted a piece?!)

Amorph @ 9/2/2017 21:20 commented on Mask

Agreed with Mandrill that the complementary colors look nice!

@Mandrill: I know the general rule is to upload at x1, but in this case the preview and the detail file are the same excepting the different zoom. Since some artists prefer to display their pieces at a specific zoom, is there any real harm in zooming for the detail file in these specific instances?

Amorph @ 8/30/2017 08:05 commented on Starscream

Interesting! I had never thought of cycling between different hues like that while working down value ramps. If I find myself in dark places after following your colorblind advice, I won't sue you. ;)

Amorph @ 8/30/2017 06:09 commented on Starscream

Looks great! What was your palette-making process like for this? The colors are unconvential but pleasing.

Amorph @ 8/22/2017 16:10 commented on Royal Guard

Possibly your coolest and best pixeled sprite yet.

Amorph @ 8/16/2017 10:42 commented on Town

So pretty and so desolate. The transparency of the smoke is really well accomplished. Translation of the text?