vierbit @ 1/11/2017 08:17 commented on Pixel Dailies 01

@Imagician
I usually do these beside other work. So these 2-2.5 days aren't full days.
Since these are just for fun stuff, I don't really keep track of time. My guess is 8-10 hours for the top one, a bit
less for the bottom left one.
No wips for this unfortunately. But maybe I could do a progress gif/animation next time.

vierbit @ 1/6/2017 13:27 commented on Pixel Dailies 01

@moroz1999,@UltimoGames
Well, I have to admit, only the bottom right one was finished in a day.
The other two took 2 - 2.5 days.

vierbit @ 10/7/2016 15:36 commented on Alien Animations

@JerryPie
Yeah, that took a while to put it all together. Most animations have either 6 or 8 frames so the whole thing has 48 frames to make them loop perfectly. Also most of these have at least an idle and a run/fly animation.
I can alternate between these two to avoid any stutter.
The only case where this method doesn't work is for the first two sprites in the second row. They only have a 10 frame fly animation, but it's not that noticeable.

@Carnivac
Hey thanks for enjoying it.

vierbit @ 10/4/2016 10:44 commented on Alien Animations

@Asada
The usual answer, practice ;).
@Volrak Rutra
The whole project took about 2.5 years. But that also includes a lot of other stuff that isn't shown here. I also didn't include every animation for each alien.
But yeah, it certainly took a while to complete.

vierbit @ 1/26/2015 19:14 commented on BrainBot Mk-VI

Thanks for the comments. It turned out more popular than I thought.

@ptoing
Yeah, something with the horizontal cylinder is of. It rotates a bit too much.
The wobble on the top of the glass should indicate the tilting of the cylinder.
@Volrak_Rutra
No 3D software involved.
@Lordofsax
ptoing pretty much explained it already. The head, main body and the legs were animated seperatly. The swinging
hoses and a few other details were added at the end.
@rrrod
probably about 8-9 hours

vierbit @ 8/27/2014 06:46 commented on smb 1-1

@raziel94
If not explicitly stated otherwise, nothing in my gallery is free to use.

vierbit @ 4/22/2014 02:26 commented on Social Net

Looked great on the bigscreen.

vierbit @ 3/18/2014 06:59 commented on dead end

@Altourus
Yes, the maps were for the most part build out of tiles with some objects/sprites placed afterwards.
Either because they were animated, destroyable or had some other special function.

vierbit @ 3/3/2014 16:45 commented on dead end

@Faceless
No, they are not in chronological order. But the village scene was in 2010 and the dungeon on the top left was 2013.

@Dr D
I agree that especially the older ones have some contrast issues. But in game this wasn't really a problem.
The game was also running in 320x240, so these mockups show a much larger area then what you would actually see in game.

@Elk
Yeah, now that you mention it. But it's just coincidence.

@TheInquisitor
For some designs I did some sketches beforehand, like the scenes with the shifting perspective. Or some details on the buildings. But most of the time I already have a clear picture in mind before starting drawing.

vierbit @ 2/16/2014 16:14 commented on dead end

@yumbie
You're probably confusing me with someone else. I know Abysswolf's work, but never interacted with him.
I also don't have a deviantart account.

vierbit @ 2/14/2014 03:25 commented on dead end

@CELS, elend, Stickman
Do to certain events none of these graphics will ever be seen in an actual game.
There is actually more, but  it's rather time consuming to compile it all together. Maybe I'll add something when I have the time.

@onilink
I wasn't the only artist. I only did the background artwork.

vierbit @ 2/5/2012 16:47 commented on the edge

Hah, nice one Mathias

vierbit @ 2/4/2012 16:44 commented on the edge

@Delicious
Unfortunately there aren't any wip files. Tried it a few times to create one of these progress GIFs, but it's just bothersome to managing that. The only thing that I have is a sketch for getting a rough idea what i was doing. And yes I flipped that image afterwards, looked better to me.
But frankly, i don't think I use any special technique ;).

vierbit @ 12/3/2011 09:37 commented on Valkyrie

@onek
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to implicit this entry is a perfect example of how to use the shape. I know there are some issues, and now looking at it I see other problems with it beside the slightly cramped look.
The brown stuff in the Background is actually supposed to be a map, but it seems it didn't really worked out that well.

vierbit @ 11/11/2011 07:34 commented on Tarot CARDS(the Popess)

Colour reducing other peoples art isn't the way to go.

vierbit @ 8/8/2011 14:02 commented on LOI Starting screen

Just wonderful!

vierbit @ 7/11/2011 02:09 commented on Level 4 - Hell!

Thanks for the comments/critics.

@Carnivac
I agree, actually I already toned down the brightness of the lava quit a bit. Was using on of the brighter yellows before switching to the orange it is now. Hard to say if it would be difficult to play, I could think of more than a few games that look unplayable in still shots but working completely fine when in game.

@Ambient
True, but when drawing the sprites I just wanted to get this finished ;).

vierbit @ 6/27/2011 03:06 commented on KillerKat

@Dennis
Yeah, originaly I wanted to take that terminator poster and make my own version of it, complete with that red eye and stuff.
But it didn´t looked good at that size, or at least I couldn´t make it work ;).

vierbit @ 3/1/2011 15:53 commented on S.C.R.E.A.M. Redux

Smooth piece as usual. The hex tiles surely make it more interesting to look at.
The shading on the nose looks a bit weird, seems there is a hole/crater(?) or was that intentional?

vierbit @ 7/4/2010 14:18 commented on Feierabend

Yes, the stuff in the background is supposed to be columns of smoke.
@Mathias
Well yes, I mean game over as in game beaten obviously ;). Edited the description.

vierbit @ 4/26/2010 09:42 commented on Weapons

Fun little challenge/fad whatever. Had no idea how to change my avatar into a dragon,
but hey at least I´m green :P.

vierbit @ 4/14/2010 05:52 commented on Level 3 - Minefield

Hm, as a few people mentioned they can´t see it, I added a link to the image. Hope that doesn´t violate the challenge rules?

vierbit @ 4/12/2010 16:02 commented on Level 3 - Minefield

Thanks for the comments,
Yeah, I wasn´t sure about the red mines in the background either. But without them the background looked a bit too "monochrome" to me.
@greenraven
Thats true, but it was already 4:00 AM here. And I wanted to get at least a bit of sleep ;).

vierbit @ 3/8/2010 07:20 commented on Pixel Room

Why such a small size? :(

vierbit @ 2/20/2010 03:22 commented on O_o

Very funny, the expression is just priceless.