NoeL @ 1/27/2022 03:21 commented on Classes

These are great! Well done.

NoeL @ 6/28/2020 22:23 commented on Game mockup

Bring on Big Blag!

NoeL @ 2/18/2020 21:00 commented on I, DRACULA!

Great work! Immediately reminded me of this scene: https://imgur.com/gallery/ggDab

NoeL @ 1/29/2020 22:47 commented on Sorceress Gal

Specific criticism on the anatomy: you generally can't see a person's front and back at the same time unless they've severely broken/dislocated their spine. The angle of rotation between the hips and shoulders isn't humanly possible. Try it yourself.

Boobs and butts are both great, but sometimes you gotta choose one or the other. XD

NoeL @ 1/29/2020 22:43 commented on Sorceress Gal

Check out The Hawkeye Initiative.

NoeL @ 10/2/2018 15:58 commented on Map, Grass field

Someone's been studying Vierbit! XD

NoeL @ 4/28/2017 19:30 commented on Castle Panorama

Thanks for the animation!

NoeL @ 4/26/2017 19:21 commented on Castle Panorama

Thanks - I definitely see what you mean regarding the clouds, and yeah the roof tiles were super tedious and time-consuming so I just rushed through them to get it done.

NoeL @ 11/3/2014 13:05 commented on Phoenotopia II - Earth Dome mockup

Funnily enough that was one of the references. :P

NoeL @ 11/1/2014 18:02 commented on Phoenotopia II - Earth Dome mockup

Yeah, I had thought that myself actually, but this isn't the finished tileset. It's just a mockup to get a feel for the area - hence the lazy background and "layer 2" trees just being squished versions of the foreground trees too. New ground tiles is also on my list of improvements.

NoeL @ 10/31/2014 05:44 commented on Phoenotopia II - Earth Dome mockup

I didn't realise the pixel art category was strictly for "clean" pixel art. Moved.

NoeL @ 10/12/2014 04:45 commented on Fishing For Light

Awesome. Reminds me of the Western Air Temple from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

NoeL @ 10/10/2014 17:25 commented on Sirdeka Town

That would make it look better but I don't want to make the tileset too complicated to use.

NoeL @ 10/7/2014 16:52 commented on Sirdeka Town

Yes they're stairs, but I think I might redo them to be more clear. I didn't want them to look too clean next to the stone floor but I think I didn't make them clean enough.

Also if you could point out the inconsistencies in the purple reflections I'd appreciate it.

NoeL @ 8/19/2014 17:31 commented on Tilemap 32x32

Did you follow my tutorial for the animated water by any chance? Looks very similar.

NoeL @ 7/17/2014 07:16 commented on Agony and Ecstasy

Love the piece, and the comment thread. XD Oh neo, you so cray cray.

NoeL @ 7/17/2014 05:07 commented on Mini Fighter Avatar

Woot! First top 10 for me too. :D Huge thanks to everyone that rated/faved!

NoeL @ 7/14/2014 05:15 commented on Linked Seasons - Dungeons

Afraid not - not yet anyway. When the whole set is finished it'll be released but not before then.

NoeL @ 6/26/2014 16:13 commented on Sirdeka Forest

Hey thanks, I appreciate the tweak but it's gloomy because it's a dense forest (the deviantart link shows it with canopy shadows and whatnot). It's also going to be a PC release so doesn't need to be as bright as a handheld. That said I do have a tendency to make things too dark and muddy so I appreciate the feedback - particularly from someone that knows colour like you do. :P

NoeL @ 6/15/2014 22:48 commented on Shroomy

The grass looks really nice, but the lighting on the shroom is a bit inconsistent and makes it look very flat. Remember that a shroom top is like a big umbrella, so everything underneath it would be in shadow (if the light source is overhead, which your shading on the shroom top suggests),

NoeL @ 5/29/2014 16:27 commented on NES Megaman Redo Mockup

The bird and bomb have 4 colours? If you're doubling up on sprites there'll be a lot of flickering with more than one enemy per line.

NoeL @ 4/16/2014 04:17 commented on Water Temple

Hey, I added a tutorial link to the description.

NoeL @ 4/16/2014 04:16 commented on Water Temple

Yep. Using the tutorial I made (see the description) you can create waves of any shape moving in any direction.

NoeL @ 4/13/2014 05:24 commented on third tree

Really nice form and palette, but the leaves could use a bit of definition (the trunk too). Great starting point, just needs some refinement from here.

NoeL @ 1/14/2014 23:57 commented on Depression The Video Game.

It's the bed post.