TheBlackMarket @ 6/30/2012 04:47 commented on Mr. Mean

I didn't plan this one too well and ended up making the back-left and back-right frames way more extreme in position than the front frames.

The Moai thing should have been inspired by Gradius and when someone mentioned that in my stream I went with it, but the honest truth is that I like to draw angry Easter Island heads idly and I didn't think about what I was going to draw in the livestream. This guy just sorta happened!

TheBlackMarket @ 2/8/2012 08:19 commented on Prototype Run Cycle

Sorry, but this and other sprites in this series are to be used in a game I'm working on.

TheBlackMarket @ 5/5/2011 12:55 commented on Salchicha Strut

I haven't had any bricking issues, but I keep my Acekard up to date to prevent any trouble. Inchworm is pretty amazing, heck yeah I'd reccomend it. The only shortcoming is that you can't open a file you made previously on a computer or something, but as a portable spriting tool it is second to none. Even if you have a tablet with graphics gale or pro motion, inchworm is great because the DSi is so easy to take out of your pocket and idly pixel with.

TheBlackMarket @ 4/23/2011 12:06 commented on cow boy

I love this little cowboy. It's adorable...

TheBlackMarket @ 12/24/2010 09:17 commented on Prototype Run Cycle

Thanks! I mentioned that I still had his hair left to take care of -- I'll be adding bounce to it after I fix the rest of it up.

TheBlackMarket @ 7/27/2010 21:50 commented on GB Bear Explorer Mockup

I enjoy those ground tiles quite a bit.

TheBlackMarket @ 6/24/2010 21:25 commented on Rabid Turnaround

The character's full name is "Rabid the Radioactive Birthday Bunny."

TheBlackMarket @ 3/31/2009 08:20 commented on Guts Man

Yes, it is as Dr D says. The AA and the reflex highlights add that extra set of colors.

TheBlackMarket @ 9/16/2008 10:09 commented on Jiggle
The jiggle really gives this character.

TheBlackMarket @ 9/16/2008 10:08 commented on Stone Golem
I love this guy's design.

TheBlackMarket @ 9/9/2008 21:24 commented on Lati sprite for darkstalkerlati
The high number of colors is due to the little blue highlight to the left of the character that I consistently use for these paid sprites. For these, I don't worry about color count as long as the person is happy with the final result. It IS a bit excessive, though - I should work more efficiently with colors with these...

TheBlackMarket @ 8/13/2008 14:57 commented on Brave Fencer Musashi Set
Neat! Brave Fencer Musashi was a great game. Too bad they went and screwed up the sequel so badly...

Everyone looks great, but Musashi himself looks a little rough around the edges, specifically in his pony tail. That curve could stand to be drawn more smoothly.
Nice work!

TheBlackMarket @ 8/13/2008 13:04 commented on Candlewax Beast
Yeah, I tend to get a lot of flak for my black outlines. I'll eventually learn to make them look good.
(That, and I had to match the style already established at that site)

TheBlackMarket @ 8/13/2008 03:39 commented on Color contest entry
Haha, oh wow, I can't believe I used 46 colors for this. Awful.

TheBlackMarket @ 7/20/2008 19:33 commented on One scene in the battle
Lovely palette used here. I really enjoy the texture used in the bricks. Arc the Lad 2 was a fun game.

TheBlackMarket @ 7/20/2008 17:27 commented on Solitaire
I love this picture mainly because of its hard edges. Pixel art that looks good without relying on the "mandatory" convention of AA holds a special place in my heart.

TheBlackMarket @ 7/19/2008 22:42 commented on Sweet dreams
Hm, I forgot to remove the detail in the foot it seems. I meant to keep the details of the extremities down to a minimum, but did not do too good of a job of expressing shapes without using too much detail. Also, I gotta fix the guy's foot (That's not his big toe there, but the use of the black outline there and its placement do not help my case...). The female's foot is as I intended. Thanks~!

TheBlackMarket @ 7/17/2008 21:03 commented on Sweet dreams
Apparently the game involves fighting nightmares or something of that nature.

TheBlackMarket @ 7/17/2008 19:52 commented on Ethereal
The wobbly outline is a nice effect.

TheBlackMarket @ 7/17/2008 10:27 commented on Sleeping male and female for aeronux
The bed that the person supplied wasn't pixel art, so I doodled a little something for the preview. I may end up fleshing out that bed doodle simply to make this picture look better in my gallery, however.

TheBlackMarket @ 6/25/2008 06:02 commented on Protoman
Yes, it does. For this particular style, a lot more colors than necessary are being used, but that's how the people who have me do these like it.

TheBlackMarket @ 6/3/2008 05:32 commented on Stranded
The reflections on the water are to die for - especially towards the top corners.

TheBlackMarket @ 5/31/2008 20:18 commented on Sausage Tribesman
Oh crap, I forgot about that. I was trying out something new, haha!

TheBlackMarket @ 5/29/2008 07:04 commented on little gba-ish iso-scene
I am absolutely in love with the way the rocks are rendered.

TheBlackMarket @ 5/26/2008 11:24 commented on Lanita
Hahahaha, yeah, I don't have a photo of her handy. She dictated what she wanted the sprite to look like while I drew it.