Thorgi @ 4/18/2019 12:36 commented on SSBU: Joker

Huge fan of the Smash works, really looking forward to Joker. Clean and polished work as always, and that hair is amazeballs

Thorgi @ 4/2/2019 06:22 commented on Sheryl

You should draw more humanoids, your style leads to sometjhing truly unique with them.

Thorgi @ 1/3/2019 15:57 commented on Old Shell

Jesus H. Christ that's fucking gross.

But god damn is it some good art, though lmao

I know I'm late to the party but great work as always DieMango, it's a pleasure following your works

Thorgi @ 12/16/2018 08:30 commented on First Level

Don't see that angle often and it reminds me of Earthbound. Nice work, keep up the practice! It might be worthwhile to look up the art in Earthbound (SNES) and Mother 3 (Gameboy Advanced). Study their shading techniques a bit, how the artists conveyed details, textures, objects using clusters of pixels.

Thorgi @ 12/14/2018 12:15 commented on Mech Hangar

I.. Is that a giant fist? As a mecha weapon?

Thorgi @ 12/2/2018 07:55 commented on simple Forest environment

Great clustering for the impressions of grass. I love the depth as well, that's impressive uses of shades and palette. Gonna open this up in Aseprite and study it haha

EDIT: 32 colors? I'm impressed haha

Thorgi @ 9/30/2018 08:55 commented on Map, Grass field

Really solid pixeling, I actually love the trees, and lack the knowledge/skill to critique the lighting on them.

The only thing that really sticks out to me is the stone/rock wall tiles, specifically the transition from the middle to the top edge bordering the grass. On the tiles that transition from the wall to the grass, you have vertical rock formations with hard vertical lines, which are pixeled well, but the transition to the middle rock tiles throws me a bit. I feel this is due to the flow of the middle and bottom rock tiles being more of a horizontal rock shape. Don't get me wrong, both aspects are pixeled expertly and look great, it's just the transition from vertical shaped rocks to horizontal shaped rocks that throws me. But it would be hard to transition the borders to a more horizontal shape due to the other border tiles around the cliff.

Thorgi @ 9/2/2018 06:45 commented on Stoned Dude

You may feel you worked on the beast too much but having followed your posted art over the past few weeks/months, it's probably one of the most detailed pieces of pixel art you've posted. It looks awesome, you should isolate and post just the beast as well, imo

Thorgi @ 8/21/2018 12:25 commented on Yes

Man I have a weakness for 45 degree lines in pixel art. Few artists pull it off well but it makes them stand out. Great work

Thorgi @ 6/8/2018 09:57 commented on Guns The next Generation

"Quite simple, but effective" feels like a great summary for his style in general, considering his level of consistency with it, and it works really damn well imo! :D

I recognized the style right off the bat, before opening the link for a better look

Great work as always, Mango

Thorgi @ 5/16/2018 11:11 commented on Dungeon

You are quite the amazing artist! I realized right after I favorited this, 'Forest' and 'space battle' that you did all three! I love your style! I hope you submit more works, I'm definitely going to study your shading style!

If you have never done a tutorial or progress gif, I'm sure lots of novices (such as myself) would appreciate it greatly

Thorgi @ 5/15/2018 13:57 commented on Dizzy Boi

I love it, reminds me of Earthbound!

Thorgi @ 5/6/2018 14:22 commented on Pixel art girl

A bit high on the color count but otherwise amazing imo!

Thorgi @ 5/3/2018 07:14 commented on Sweet lilac

You have one of the more intriguing cluster styles that I've seen, it's very aesthetically pleasing. I bet an icon/item set from you, like found in RPGs, would be amazing

Thorgi @ 5/3/2018 05:18 commented on regular people

I agree with TRUEvector completely. You have a very unique but well defined style, I would love to see more works like this!

Thorgi @ 4/23/2018 08:26 commented on Tree

Alright man, your works are awesome and your shading style is really unique with cluster utilizations. Would you be willing to put out a tutorial or even a progress gif of a piece? I'm curious about your process since you seem to have a style down consistently

Thorgi @ 4/14/2018 10:05 commented on Mega Mawile

I like it a lot, though through no fault of your own it blends in a ton with the default pixeljoint background color and makes it hard to read the lines and detail.

Thorgi @ 4/3/2018 06:07 commented on Peri Portrait

Reminds me of this roleplaying site I used to frequent many years ago. Elemental-based anthro characters that looked similar to what you drew. Very nice!

Thorgi @ 3/27/2018 04:52 commented on Battle Arena Toshinden; Eiji

Great work as always, another piece of yours I'll reference for shading, not to mention spriting!

What made you want to practice less AA, anyways? Just speeding up your workflow?

Thorgi @ 3/27/2018 04:42 commented on Windy day

Your intuition for shading is great, then! :D I'm jealous lmao

Thorgi @ 3/27/2018 04:41 commented on The SimpleJPC-16 Color Palette

I love the way you lay out your palettes! So happy to see you release another as well

Thorgi @ 3/20/2018 05:46 commented on My room Mock-up

Would love to play a game in this style and perspective. Also those subpixel animations are swanky

Thorgi @ 3/20/2018 04:08 commented on Kirby

Da fuq..

And I mean that in the best way possible, it's actually really good. It looks like a lovechild of Meatboy and Kirby.

Thorgi @ 2/22/2018 08:39 commented on Squiggler2

Man you know your way around perspectives, based on this and your other works.. I'm curious to see how you would handle axonometric/planometric a-la Boktai

Thorgi @ 2/14/2018 12:07 commented on Windy day

I opened it up in Aseprite to look at your palette, and you seem to have a knack for colors and palette building. I was impressed by how well you managed lightness/value.