Pixelfish @ 9/20/2009 20:55 commented on Happy Birthday GraFX2

Oozes style and displays obvious technical mastery. Where do you get off being so consistently excellent?

Pixelfish @ 8/28/2009 13:19 commented on Doll 8

This is definitely not pure pixelling, but you obviously have a remarkable grasp on color shading and texture. So, kudos, and I'm impressed, but I would like to see something all hand-pixelled, 32 colors or something; the restrictions may actually be good for you.

Pixelfish @ 7/23/2009 12:58 commented on Samurai

@notlike: Because I'm a festive guy? i don't know.

Pixelfish @ 6/25/2009 02:00 commented on Scratch my back, would ya'?

This is easily my favorite piece of pixelart ever, except for the sky, which disappoints me. Beautiful anyway.

Pixelfish @ 6/12/2009 11:39 commented on Hobo Heaven

I am really crazy about this. The sense of form, the softness, it's just wonderful, really. Obviously a favorite.

Pixelfish @ 6/12/2009 11:38 commented on omnitar

I agree about the blink, but this shit is fucking tight, I love the block animation.

Pixelfish @ 5/13/2008 13:00 commented on Graze
this turns me on big time.

Pixelfish @ 12/4/2007 22:32 commented on Challenge: Vista Default Colors; "swampmonster"
I'm getting hot right now.

Pixelfish @ 8/2/2007 02:59 commented on DowNY
rock on sharkweek

Pixelfish @ 6/19/2007 18:38 commented on Chompy
you're so cool.

Pixelfish @ 6/2/2007 14:51 commented on Sniper Assasin
Sadly, I think the most notable part of the piece is the lineart. You should try this kind of thing again but try to achieve some kind of dimension while removing all of the black lines. They're just a crutch, and it's a clear one here.

Pixelfish @ 5/9/2007 12:22 commented on Hanging
Seems like alot of shortcuts were used... 2 days? Oh well, pretty cool, just wish there were pieces of it that looked like it used a single pixel hard-edged brush.

Pixelfish @ 4/4/2007 10:31 commented on SkeleHarp WIP stages
true pixelart is irrelevant. Your skill with pixel-precise editing is impeccable and the process is all the more impressive for having been original. Favorites.

Pixelfish @ 4/4/2007 10:28 commented on Take My Hand
Fantastic work. Nothing else to say. Great definition.

Pixelfish @ 10/26/2006 13:06 commented on Jade mask
I really like the design, but I would like to see the marbly texture of the jade and some high gloss.

Pixelfish @ 10/23/2006 13:49 commented on The Maxx
The Maxx is cool, but I still feel like this is sloppy, and the gradation between tones/hard outlining is unsubtle. You should work on smaller pieces and refine every single bit.

Pixelfish @ 10/9/2006 13:45 commented on bps lava lamp
cool. I really feel like you could have pulled off the exact same thing without losing any quality and improving the detail and done it in... 1/4 of the size, if not even less. But it's got nice style, keep it up.

Pixelfish @ 8/19/2006 00:47 commented on Utada Hikaru
The hands lack form, and the face is rough, mostly from the use of lines instead of hard shade and that combining with too many shades too close together. Wasted alot of colors for such a low range image.

Pixelfish @ 3/23/2006 09:21 commented on Coral Room
I like this, especially the water and the background images. I feel like the mermaids are lacking, though, they're rather blocky and feel constrained. You've actually captured a very nice light effect, the way it comes through in beams like that.

Pixelfish @ 1/11/2006 06:08 commented on Lotiki
A fantastic piece of work. Maybe you should hit the darks a little darker on the gloves and bring some higher highlights to emphasize the velvet or latex texture, though. Right now, I'm not sure what they're made of.

Pixelfish @ 11/27/2005 21:41 commented on Jokers Wild
I think the sense of light and shade on the face here is really lacking. There's no gradation between tones where there ought to be, and it doesn't seem that you've looked at the difference between form and cast shadow, and that makes it look fragmented and overstylized. Sense of drawing's pretty good, but all-in-all, the composition and color job leave the piece feeling unfinished.

Pixelfish @ 11/13/2005 22:25 commented on Strudel Panzer
I absolutely love it. A wonderful sense of light.

Pixelfish @ 10/27/2005 09:08 commented on Pixeleen contst entry
As far as pixelling goes, I don't find it horribly impressive, but the animation took some work, and it looks fairly fluid.

Pixelfish @ 3/7/2005 21:47 commented on The First of Three icons
I'm afraid it's technically too big to be used as an aim icon. You could clip some of it down to 50x50 if you were feeling particularly daring.