CharlesTheTea @ 2/18/2018 03:42 commented on Fire

Hey!
Really appreciate the criticism, and I totally see where you're coming from (since I think I experimented with pretty much what you have asked me to do when I was making this piece).

However, there are a couple of reasons why I decided to go with the intensly dark colour for the trees. Firstly, I really liked the gold and black contrast that it creates, especially since that's essentially what helps to seperate the sky and the water from eachother. Secondly, looking at reference photos, the tree line really does get that dark, as can be seen here for example: https://tinyurl.com/yczt3hv9

Anyway, since it _is_ valid criticism, I'll definitely have a second look at the palette in the hopes of trying to figure out if there is a good "in between" colour.

CharlesTheTea @ 2/17/2018 08:48 commented on Fire

Cheers, mate!

CharlesTheTea @ 2/5/2016 commented on Aurora Borealis

Sure, go ahead. Interested to see the results.

CharlesTheTea @ 11/13/2015 14:35 commented on The Imp

Thanks

CharlesTheTea @ 11/13/2015 10:13 commented on The Imp

Thanks, mate! And yeah, of course you can :D hahaa!

CharlesTheTea @ 11/13/2015 06:56 commented on The Imp

Cheers!

CharlesTheTea @ 7/3/2015 16:10 commented on Lonesome Tree

Ah, I see. I'll have to do something about that at some point and experiment a bit with how the moon looks the best.

CharlesTheTea @ 7/3/2015 15:42 commented on Lonesome Tree

I knew someone would say something about that sooner or later. It's intentionally oval, since I thought it'd be a bit of change drawing the moon in one of its less represented phases. Though, it's not a huge deal to "fix" it if a lot of people find it too bothering. :D

Oh, and thanks!

CharlesTheTea @ 6/16/2015 05:44 commented on Elf on vacation

Glad to hear you like it!
And yeah, I could probably halve the ammount of colours if I really wanted to now; or at the very least drop the ammount below 20. Hadn't really completely learnt how to be more sparing and creative with colours back when I made this. :D

CharlesTheTea @ 6/15/2015 02:58 commented on A City in the Distance

Cheers!
I probably should try and do that, at least with the trees. When it comes to the buildings, they're too far away to really have any kind of detail to them. Though, I'm sure I'm wrong about that :D

CharlesTheTea @ 6/2/2015 12:47 commented on The Escape

Ah, cheers! That's really something when it comes from someone as talented as you.

CharlesTheTea @ 5/16/2015 14:52 commented on Niflheim

Wow, this is just utterly amazing! I don't even dare to begin to think how long it took to put this together.

CharlesTheTea @ 1/14/2015 13:25 commented on Don't come any closer or I'll pinch ya

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about how the brain turned out. Have to agree on the glass thing. Haven't really done the stuff before and had no idea how to make the thing look good (running out of colours didn't help but then again that could've been fixed by me not being a lazy sod and learning how to be economic with colours). The animation I added just because I thought the little bugger would look too boring if it was just static :D
Anyway, cheers!

CharlesTheTea @ 1/13/2015 03:26 commented on Sunset

Thanks!

CharlesTheTea @ 1/12/2015 02:39 commented on Sunset

Glad to hear that it's all working!

CharlesTheTea @ 12/24/2014 11:30 commented on Elf on vacation

Oh man, I didn't notice that. Cheers for pointing that out!