MalevolentMask @ 7/27/2020 12:46 commented on Kamen Rider

Thanks!

MalevolentMask @ 12/26/2019 07:52 commented on merry christmas2019

Cute, love her hair. Might need a "nsfw" on the preview/icon though.

MalevolentMask @ 12/3/2019 08:23 commented on Tiny Princess

This is really cute! Love the colors!

MalevolentMask @ 11/22/2019 09:25 commented on Witch Pin-Up

Its a pretty cute pin-up! The thing that stands out to me as being off is the skin,clothes, and broom handle compared to the hair, bow and broom end. Maybe add in some highlights and another shadow/shade? It feels as though the pieces are incomplete. I'd be careful how you render the skin and clothes though, defintely go subtle about it so it doesn't lose the softness you have going.

I also highly reccomend posting in the wip section of PixelJoint's forum if you're looking for cc. That way people can post paintovers etc. too! C:

MalevolentMask @ 11/22/2019 07:30 commented on Polish Medal

This is super sweet, i'm with Gecimen though i'd change the preview to showcase it a lil' better. :0

MalevolentMask @ 9/24/2019 15:04 commented on Fountain room

Thanks! Yeah the colors were fun to come up with!

MalevolentMask @ 9/24/2019 15:02 commented on Glass Scimitar

I have yet to play Morrowind but I agree! :'D

MalevolentMask @ 8/23/2019 09:41 commented on Glass Scimitar

Oh nice! I haven't played the game but after searching it up I like the shade of green they use. C:

MalevolentMask @ 8/23/2019 06:35 commented on Wishing Potion

Right? Hah thanks! :'D

MalevolentMask @ 8/23/2019 06:33 commented on King Boo

Thanks! Yeah I figured I should play around with smears etc. :0

MalevolentMask @ 8/23/2019 06:32 commented on Venom Study

Thanks! Yeah it was an informative study, I love how they use smears in the Marvel vs Capcom sprites!

MalevolentMask @ 8/14/2019 10:47 commented on Wishing Potion

Aw thank you!

MalevolentMask @ 8/12/2019 06:46 commented on Green Bug

Great use of the color pallete!

MalevolentMask @ 7/19/2019 15:14 commented on Ghibli Tea Set

Thanks! And yeah today's my birthday, its odd that its not showing up and thank you! C:

MalevolentMask @ 7/19/2019 15:13 commented on Ghibli Tea Set

@Orochan Thank you! Yeah I thought he'd make a perfect pouring cup for milk/cream lmao

MalevolentMask @ 7/18/2019 06:29 commented on Ghibli Tea Set

Thanks!! :D

MalevolentMask @ 7/7/2019 14:00 commented on Trees, Houses and Stores

Thanks! Yeah I looked at the ones in D/P as inspiration!

MalevolentMask @ 5/30/2019 06:33 commented on Surfin'

Thanks! Yeah i've gotten fond of doing small stuff over the years. It definitely takes work to get a small thing to read correctly!

MalevolentMask @ 5/30/2019 06:32 commented on Tech-Dude

Hah nah, doing work for an indie dev client. You can check out some footage of the demo here- https://youtu.be/5V1dpackmkA

MalevolentMask @ 4/28/2019 12:11 commented on Font

There's something fun about making pixel fonts? I need to make more lol.

And thanks!

MalevolentMask @ 4/14/2019 09:27 commented on Beaver Dam

Hah I don't know about that. I just block out the shapes and just kinda dither wherever needed! Dithering is a good way to suggest more tones/to blend to colors together.

MalevolentMask @ 4/12/2019 06:27 commented on First post!

Ohhhhhh okay now I see it. The sky works pretty well, i'd just cut back a bit on the dithering, it adds a sort of noise that isn't in the rest of the piece.

And its no prob at all! Keep up the good work!

MalevolentMask @ 4/11/2019 06:24 commented on First post!

I agree with Sushy, lovely colors! I'd tackle the clouds just like you did with the rocks, you don't need to dither them up that much. just take a couple of your tones in the rocks and use them for the clouds. I'd keep the clouds just a bit lighter than the rocks though just so it reads as clouds.

Sometimes the best way to tackle a piece with limited colors is to get the main shapes out without any dinthering, then add on the dithering and textures as needed. The Pixel Art tutorial has a couple handy examples http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299 (http://i.imgur.com/ZuklBPC.gif   ,   http://i.imgur.com/Q1EJDgZ.png   , http://i.imgur.com/sSBDlkg.png)

MalevolentMask @ 4/8/2019 06:59 commented on You got a...

This is sweet! Love the flow of the animation! Have you thought of adding a sort of "pop" effect to the beer appearing? I feel like it'd give it a sweet extra kick.

MalevolentMask @ 4/7/2019 07:08 commented on The Gates