Strazt @ 2/12/2018 21:59 commented on Devil Lady Dakiniten - Adventure Kid

Love how you handled the translucency of the silk. Nicely done.

Strazt @ 2/5/2018 01:46 commented on Space Wyrm

@Mandrill: Thank you man, much appreciated. :)

Strazt @ 2/3/2018 13:57 commented on Space Wyrm

@cure: thanks! honored you think so.
@eishiya: thank you, the colors kind of happened and are based more off feeling. i'm trying to be more intentional with my colors. still learning. :) and such a project... oof... the scope... haha. someday i'll get around to doing as big a project as that.
@reo: good point, thank you; i took a lot of inspiration from other people's pieces and the general sentiment for better clusters. i realized that perhaps i've been using aa too much as a crutch to hide imperfections (and poorly at that, even) so trying to shift focus towards my cluster work.
@diemango: ty ty, still could be improved in some ways i'm sure, but fairly happy at the color balance.

Strazt @ 1/27/2018 14:18 commented on Moscow Mule

@PBDC: Glad to hear; I'll probably keep doing some minor changes. Thanks again!

Strazt @ 1/26/2018 19:21 commented on Moscow Mule

@PBDC: The intent was to mimic ice akin to this ref: But if that's what you're seeing then I have failed in that aspect. I'll do another pass on it before the deadline. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

Strazt @ 12/24/2017 19:03 commented on Tin Head

Thanks both! :)

Strazt @ 12/17/2017 15:43 commented on Black Jack for the Game Boy

@Guishermu: Thank you man! It was fun referencing the manga for ideas. :)

Strazt @ 11/18/2017 13:34 commented on Midnight Jog

@Puzan: Thanks for the kind words; there's still a lot to improve on, haha. Probably spent the least amount of time on the water bottle which is why its readability suffered. :)

Strazt @ 11/16/2017 13:10 commented on Midnight Jog

@Knightsabers: Eyy, thanks for the crit man. Yeah, I think I've just stared at it so long I got used to it but I've always thought there was something off... Gonna try more color work in the future and use hopefully less boring ramps.

Strazt @ 11/8/2017 23:50 commented on Cat Cafe

@truevector: Thank you man, def gonna keep working on my animating skills even more.

Strazt @ 11/7/2017 12:22 commented on bunny man

Cool stuff!

Strazt @ 11/5/2017 22:01 commented on Cat Cafe

@redmilion: Gracias, tus animaciones estas genial!

Strazt @ 11/4/2017 21:36 commented on Cat Cafe

@wonman: Glad you like it!

Strazt @ 11/4/2017 01:15 commented on Cat Cafe

@Mac: Thanks dude!

Strazt @ 11/3/2017 14:44 commented on Cat Cafe

@Fleja: Cheers, man. :) Yeah, the simple style is to try and emulate a Mother-esque look. I'm interested in expanding to more intricate/realistic styles so we'll see!

@jok: ty ty!

Strazt @ 10/2/2017 13:18 commented on Vampire's Desktop

This is great. I like the background in particular. Very fitting.

Strazt @ 9/18/2017 11:17 commented on Punk

@delicatone: Thank you, I'm pretty happy with the effect. Your entry for the challenge is quite nice as well. :) Nice readability/sense of weight for the scale.

@1JournalRed: Thx!

Strazt @ 9/6/2017 14:27 commented on Summer Nights

@Kasumi: Looked it up since it's been a while since I've seen the cover/read it and you're absolutely right, even have the ferris wheel haha. Thanks; glad you like it.

Strazt @ 9/5/2017 14:02 commented on Summer Nights

@PBDC: Thanks duuude

@gennoveus: Glad to hear it. Maybe with some more time/a bigger composition I could have layered even more details in there. Perhaps for another piece.

Strazt @ 8/26/2017 17:44 commented on Crustacean

The detailing/rendering is awesome here. Great piece. :)

Strazt @ 8/26/2017 17:42 commented on Mieczyslaw

Very nice. Just an all-around solid-looking sprite.

Strazt @ 8/26/2017 09:54 commented on Lady of the Lake

@Parker: Thanks, lol. :)

Strazt @ 8/24/2017 19:51 commented on Lady of the Lake

@Mathieu: Thanks for the kind words; indeed, I wanted to try to depict a woman with those kinds of curves to her.

@gennoveus: Thanks! I very desperately wanted another color to help smooth out some of the lines. And I think you're spot-on with your remarks on the head-size, I had similar thoughts while making it. Will maybe go in and touch-up before the deadline.

@Fleja: Thank you; I am pretty fond of it. Lots of good entries in this contest so far.

Strazt @ 8/4/2017 00:03 commented on E Logo

You are quite welcome. Happy to share.

This was my first time submitting news; hopefully if I ever submit news again I'll write a better summary/entry.

Strazt @ 8/2/2017 15:26 commented on Pardoner Fennel

I really enjoyed that fight. Fun game! Could tell who she was. I think you have the general likeness down.

The headband area is a bit messy and has some banding going on. I'm also not convinced that the dithering is necessary, but that's my personal taste. Eyes are a little off and don't adhere to perspective. I'd also consider looking into hue shifting and choosing some stronger colors with more contrast to make the sprite pop.