Strazt @ 8/4/2017 00:03 commented on E Logo

You are quite welcome. Happy to share.

This was my first time submitting news; hopefully if I ever submit news again I'll write a better summary/entry.

Strazt @ 8/2/2017 15:26 commented on Pardoner Fennel

I really enjoyed that fight. Fun game! Could tell who she was. I think you have the general likeness down.

The headband area is a bit messy and has some banding going on. I'm also not convinced that the dithering is necessary, but that's my personal taste. Eyes are a little off and don't adhere to perspective. I'd also consider looking into hue shifting and choosing some stronger colors with more contrast to make the sprite pop.

Strazt @ 7/29/2017 16:01 commented on moondrome avatar

I like the texturing of the metal, it's nicely rendered.

Strazt @ 7/9/2017 11:58 commented on Sushi

Thanks everyone for the C+C. Your words help keep me going. :)

@gennoveus: Good points; I didn't really use refs for wasabi but looking it up now it could definitely be shored up more. Same for kappa maki. Nice catch on the amaebi, I didn't see that while making it. Thanks again!

Strazt @ 7/7/2017 12:50 commented on Unlikely Adventures Mockup

Gosh, this is lovely. Nice work.

Strazt @ 7/5/2017 16:53 commented on Small Tree

Thanks for the crit, DawnBringer. Much appreciated. :) I made a variant with your suggestions in mind: i.imgur.com/hskiHUX.png

I like it. I'll mull over it some more. I generally like the colors in the original but some more experimentation/study would have helped. Definitely will edit the size though, for sure.

Strazt @ 7/4/2017 14:47 commented on The Red Rebel

Thanks! :)

Strazt @ 7/1/2017 15:36 commented on Pwnguins Emoticons

Really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing. :)

Strazt @ 6/12/2017 02:01 commented on game jam stuff

Love the background. I think the tileset, objects, and character could be a little more refined. Keep game jamming!

Strazt @ 6/11/2017 16:08 commented on Faraway: The Red Moon

@PixelCod: Thanks man!

@Omrii: Thanks for the elaboration, I really appreciate it. :) I definitely got impatient with the title screen. Was gonna be a much grander, proper scene. For the 2nd, I guess I just wanted more variety in types of pavement, but yeah, more hints of grime make sense. I personally like the text/word bubbles on the 3rd, but the UI would probably change for the better with more iteration/finesse. I agree with the portrait. Some more refinement would help, certainly.

Not harsh at all, I'm really thankful for the critique. Always looking to improve!

Strazt @ 6/10/2017 14:39 commented on Iris Canyon Mockup

Thanks! Trying to get better at it.

Strazt @ 6/10/2017 13:32 commented on Faraway: The Red Moon

Thanks, Omrii; what parts of it do you think need more attention?

Strazt @ 6/29/2016 18:42 commented on Princess Remedy

Yeah, the leg there does seem to be thicker. Must have glanced over it when working on the other bits. Same with the hand. Looks like the fingers are bending oddly now that you mention it. Some parts could be smoothed out more as well... legs/pants.

Thanks for the crit, man! Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did. :)

Strazt @ 6/28/2016 20:45 commented on Mina Ashido

BNHA is great. I think you captured her character nicely here. :)

I think the background is not -as- polished as she is, but it helps communicate her personality.

Strazt @ 6/1/2016 01:50 commented on Shadow Summon

Love this. So smooth.

Strazt @ 1/18/2016 12:11 commented on CYMKnights

@eishiya: Thank you for the critique! Yeah, the theming definitely could have been stronger as well. Figuring out color pallettes is a weakness of mine; I'm going to continue trying to improve in that area .

Strazt @ 1/2/2016 13:54 commented on A Tale from Under

In an earlier version she had a full set, and I removed teeth later after looking at some of her sprites as reference; I might change it. Thanks for the feedback!

Strazt @ 12/27/2015 16:07 commented on A Tale from Under

@Fusionnist: It's true! I like how it was subtly made more and more important as the story went on.

Strazt @ 12/27/2015 16:05 commented on A Tale from Under

@Friend: Thank you kindly! :)

Strazt @ 8/24/2015 11:14 commented on Climax

Thanks man, I'm honored. Love your work. Still some techniques I'm lacking in but the mood was my primary objective for this piece and I'm glad it came across.

Strazt @ 8/20/2015 20:41 commented on Climax

Thank you for the kind words; it was interesting attempting to animate rain but I've still lots to learn. I'll try revisiting this piece sometime and fixing it up. :)

Strazt @ 8/20/2015 15:24 commented on Climax

Good suggestions; some friends of mine gave me some similar critiques. I gave it a try last night but didn't like what I came up with. I do like this piece and can see it being improved. Perhaps at a later date.

Strazt @ 8/20/2015 11:05 commented on Big Bird

I think having the horizon line be skewed can make the piece feel more dynamic and unique, as opposed to most horizon lines which lay flat horizontally. By tilting the horizon line, you are also changing the perspective slightly, making the viewer have to work a bit to interpret the image, which might grab the viewer's interest more as well.

To me, flat horizon lines evoke a sense of stability or peace, whereas off-kilter ones imply movement and action.

I haven't used regular horizon lines enough let alone skewed horizon lines though, so take my ramblings with a grain of salt. :)

Strazt @ 8/20/2015 10:42 commented on Mr. Moony...

Great expression, and nice pixel work. And yes, haha. Moon. Butts.

... :T

Strazt @ 8/20/2015 09:03 commented on Climax

I was initially going to do so, but I was afraid it would distract from the rest of the piece; I'll give it a shot though. Thanks for the suggestion! :)