Strazt @ 10/2/2017 13:18 commented on Vampire's Desktop

This is great. I like the background in particular. Very fitting.

Strazt @ 9/18/2017 11:17 commented on Punk

@delicatone: Thank you, I'm pretty happy with the effect. Your entry for the challenge is quite nice as well. :) Nice readability/sense of weight for the scale.

@1JournalRed: Thx!

Strazt @ 9/6/2017 14:27 commented on Summer Nights

@Kasumi: Looked it up since it's been a while since I've seen the cover/read it and you're absolutely right, even have the ferris wheel haha. Thanks; glad you like it.

Strazt @ 9/5/2017 14:02 commented on Summer Nights

@PBDC: Thanks duuude

@gennoveus: Glad to hear it. Maybe with some more time/a bigger composition I could have layered even more details in there. Perhaps for another piece.

Strazt @ 8/26/2017 17:44 commented on Crustacean

The detailing/rendering is awesome here. Great piece. :)

Strazt @ 8/26/2017 17:42 commented on Mieczyslaw

Very nice. Just an all-around solid-looking sprite.

Strazt @ 8/26/2017 09:54 commented on Lady of the Lake

@Parker: Thanks, lol. :)

Strazt @ 8/24/2017 19:51 commented on Lady of the Lake

@Mathieu: Thanks for the kind words; indeed, I wanted to try to depict a woman with those kinds of curves to her.

@gennoveus: Thanks! I very desperately wanted another color to help smooth out some of the lines. And I think you're spot-on with your remarks on the head-size, I had similar thoughts while making it. Will maybe go in and touch-up before the deadline.

@Fleja: Thank you; I am pretty fond of it. Lots of good entries in this contest so far.

Strazt @ 8/4/2017 00:03 commented on E Logo

You are quite welcome. Happy to share.

This was my first time submitting news; hopefully if I ever submit news again I'll write a better summary/entry.

Strazt @ 8/2/2017 15:26 commented on Pardoner Fennel

I really enjoyed that fight. Fun game! Could tell who she was. I think you have the general likeness down.

The headband area is a bit messy and has some banding going on. I'm also not convinced that the dithering is necessary, but that's my personal taste. Eyes are a little off and don't adhere to perspective. I'd also consider looking into hue shifting and choosing some stronger colors with more contrast to make the sprite pop.

Strazt @ 7/29/2017 16:01 commented on moondrome avatar

I like the texturing of the metal, it's nicely rendered.

Strazt @ 7/9/2017 11:58 commented on Sushi

Thanks everyone for the C+C. Your words help keep me going. :)

@gennoveus: Good points; I didn't really use refs for wasabi but looking it up now it could definitely be shored up more. Same for kappa maki. Nice catch on the amaebi, I didn't see that while making it. Thanks again!

Strazt @ 7/7/2017 12:50 commented on Unlikely Adventures Mockup

Gosh, this is lovely. Nice work.

Strazt @ 7/5/2017 16:53 commented on Small Tree

Thanks for the crit, DawnBringer. Much appreciated. :) I made a variant with your suggestions in mind: i.imgur.com/hskiHUX.png

I like it. I'll mull over it some more. I generally like the colors in the original but some more experimentation/study would have helped. Definitely will edit the size though, for sure.

Strazt @ 7/4/2017 14:47 commented on The Red Rebel

Thanks! :)

Strazt @ 7/1/2017 15:36 commented on Pwnguins Emoticons

Really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing. :)

Strazt @ 6/12/2017 02:01 commented on game jam stuff

Love the background. I think the tileset, objects, and character could be a little more refined. Keep game jamming!

Strazt @ 6/11/2017 16:08 commented on Faraway: The Red Moon

@PixelCod: Thanks man!

@Omrii: Thanks for the elaboration, I really appreciate it. :) I definitely got impatient with the title screen. Was gonna be a much grander, proper scene. For the 2nd, I guess I just wanted more variety in types of pavement, but yeah, more hints of grime make sense. I personally like the text/word bubbles on the 3rd, but the UI would probably change for the better with more iteration/finesse. I agree with the portrait. Some more refinement would help, certainly.

Not harsh at all, I'm really thankful for the critique. Always looking to improve!

Strazt @ 6/10/2017 14:39 commented on Iris Canyon Mockup

Thanks! Trying to get better at it.

Strazt @ 6/10/2017 13:32 commented on Faraway: The Red Moon

Thanks, Omrii; what parts of it do you think need more attention?

Strazt @ 6/29/2016 18:42 commented on Princess Remedy

Yeah, the leg there does seem to be thicker. Must have glanced over it when working on the other bits. Same with the hand. Looks like the fingers are bending oddly now that you mention it. Some parts could be smoothed out more as well... legs/pants.

Thanks for the crit, man! Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did. :)

Strazt @ 6/28/2016 20:45 commented on Mina Ashido

BNHA is great. I think you captured her character nicely here. :)

I think the background is not -as- polished as she is, but it helps communicate her personality.

Strazt @ 6/1/2016 01:50 commented on Shadow Summon

Love this. So smooth.

Strazt @ 1/18/2016 12:11 commented on CYMKnights

@eishiya: Thank you for the critique! Yeah, the theming definitely could have been stronger as well. Figuring out color pallettes is a weakness of mine; I'm going to continue trying to improve in that area .

Strazt @ 1/2/2016 13:54 commented on A Tale from Under

In an earlier version she had a full set, and I removed teeth later after looking at some of her sprites as reference; I might change it. Thanks for the feedback!