awestsecurity @ 4/7/2018 11:35 commented on Mini galaxy

You should submit the piece unscaled so it can be viewed actual size.

awestsecurity @ 4/2/2018 15:51 commented on After cocefi

Good point! These scenes are harder than I though they would be. Thanks again for the notes.

awestsecurity @ 4/1/2018 07:49 commented on After cocefi

Thanks Amorph. I think if I planned the whole thing out in advance, (like cocefi does) I wouldn't have gone so dark. In my head it was going to be a cute, spooky mountain, but still pretty bright. Today's lesson, the importance of sketching.

awestsecurity @ 4/1/2018 07:42 commented on After cocefi

Thanks for the feed back Zephyrrite. I agree about the animation. I think 8 frames instead of 4 would help a lot. I might go back in after the voting to do some touch ups if I can't work that out tonight.

I'm not sure what you mean about the cloud textures. Cocefi uses pattern textures sometimes in place of nature based ones so I tried that with the herringbone clouds.

awestsecurity @ 3/24/2018 07:58 commented on Nintendo

Thanks Keppu and DexRunner! This Challenge got me pretty excited. I can't wait to see all the sprites.

awestsecurity @ 3/21/2018 13:16 commented on Full Moon Tonight

Moon looks great! If you're not worried about color count I think your image could be improved with some shading cast by the moonlight, particularly on the shrubs and cactus.

awestsecurity @ 3/21/2018 13:12 commented on Dilapidated buildings

The buildings look good.

However, it seems the pixel art is too big to show on the website. Maybe just my screen?

I'd recommend re-submitting it with the buildings closer together so it displays well, or submitting the buildings by themselves.

awestsecurity @ 2/19/2018 08:28 commented on Tiny Sheep

Thanks! I struggled with the eyes quite a bit.

awestsecurity @ 6/26/2017 08:10 commented on Long Gone

Thanks. I'm quite color-blind so I struggle with that more than anything.

awestsecurity @ 7/13/2016 07:01 commented on Whiskered Wren icon

Thanks! I'm hoping to make a few and then give them away as actual icon files. I still feel like a beginner at this so I really appreciate your comment.

awestsecurity @ 1/11/2016 15:42 commented on Flemish Orange

Yeah, I decided to stay true to the reference. That may have been a poor choice.

awestsecurity @ 1/8/2016 16:42 commented on Flemish Orange

Thanks! I'm slowly getting the hang of this.

awestsecurity @ 7/11/2015 07:10 commented on IPhone 4S

Thanks Berkay!

awestsecurity @ 6/20/2015 16:25 commented on Just Hangin' Out

It was intended to show grave looting or, 'disturbing the dead,' which is illegal most everywhere. Hopefully it still qualifies even though I didn't explicitely show a person in the act.

awestsecurity @ 6/5/2015 10:21 commented on Super JDM Car Meeting

The cars are great. You got a lot of detail in those tiny places. I think the wondows read as flat and opaque and could use a bit of reflection or glare.

awestsecurity @ 6/5/2015 09:23 commented on Orchid Icons

Unfortunately, (?) there aren't any hallucinogenic orchids known to science. (One opiate though.)

It would be a fun series to do. So many plants to choose from, and a couple I could do from life.

awestsecurity @ 5/9/2015 08:32 commented on PaperClip

It's so smooth it doesn't really look like pixel art. If you did this by 'hand,' that's amazing.

awestsecurity @ 5/9/2015 08:28 commented on Items

Well done. The bottles look a little flat to me, but that wooden sword is champion.

awestsecurity @ 5/9/2015 08:25 commented on Chocobo

That texturing is beautiful. I wish it had the feet.