Dusty @ 1/17/2017 12:09 commented on Skullcano

Hot in Topeka.

Dusty @ 9/29/2016 12:37 commented on Hello Wurlth!

Hello fellow MCF!

Dusty @ 6/8/2016 10:23 commented on Legend of Zelda - Link Designs

What's the third from the left on the bottom row?

Dusty @ 1/15/2016 10:42 commented on Lil' Dudes Lake BG

It's a fairly dumb restriction and regardless of intentions pixel art has changed. No need to punish people who don't adhere to the restrictions people had to deal with 20 years ago. Especially since most of the time the difference between showing up or not on the front page is whether you remember to index your png. If you have to write a news post reminding people how to actually show up on the front page then I think things need to be reconsidered.

Want to keep the spirit alive? That's what the weekly challenges are for!

Dusty @ 1/15/2016 09:42 commented on Lil' Dudes Lake BG

So what WAS changed in the v3 update, as it seems none of the usability issues were addressed. 10k in this day and age is extremely limiting for little gain... why wasn't this and other issues fixed up? Pixel joint, from a user point of view, seems no different than it was 5 years ago.

Dusty @ 11/4/2015 14:12 commented on Vityaz

There's no separation of foreground, background and sprites. Visually it's nice, but as a game you should be able to look at a glance and dissect all three things. You should be able to immediately tell what is an entity that is able to be interacted with(an enemy, the player, an NPC), and you should be able to tell what is part of the playable level(the foreground, tiles and so on. What you can walk on and what will stop you from walking past). Of course the latter is only applicable if it's a platformer. Could still benefit from some atmospheric depth/fading fog.

Also, the numbers are hardly legible. And I honestly can't tell what the abbreviations say aside from STR. That's not good.

Again, it's visually very appealing but overall as a game it's a bit busy and visual priorities need to be addressed.

Dusty @ 5/9/2015 21:33 commented on A few food icons

Ya, I just had to interpret a bunch of "sushi" themed food, so I just gave the general name. The last two rows were all part of the sushi stuff.

Dusty @ 5/9/2015 17:14 commented on A few food icons

Sushi :)

Dusty @ 2/24/2015 16:37 commented on Ship

When I made the wheel I scaled up a sprite from Golden sun and drew over it(I had failed at the perspective multiple times): www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/13/13283.png

Dusty @ 2/4/2015 10:21 commented on Business Pig

Business pig, business pig, does whatever a business pig does.

Dusty @ 1/8/2015 10:33 commented on Secret Santa 2014

The issue is that in order for previews to show on the weekly showcase they have to be under the incredibly strict size of 10kb I think(it's either 10kb or 8kb). I've always hated it, yet I don't think pixeljoint will ever address issues like these. Usually you can get it that low with indexing the image, and good luck if you want a preview animation.

Dusty @ 4/17/2014 19:16 commented on Conveyor belt

It was intentional... I dunno, I just kind of liked the way the chain seems to use more force to move it alone. I know it isn't logical.

Dusty @ 11/4/2013 21:44 commented on Dungeon Dashers Title Screen Background

Oh awesome, I didn't know you were the one who did the background! With your background and Helm's logo it really looks amazing: www.youtube.com/watch

Dusty @ 10/31/2013 17:10 commented on The Cave

The colors were color-picked from game tiles, and not my choice. Maybe when I get some free time I will come back and refine the rocks, do the bushes and such for fun, but time played a major factor in this. However I will note the design was meant to be cartoony and stylistic. While I never referenced it, I did always have this in my mind initially: www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/39306.htm

Dusty @ 8/17/2013 22:06 commented on Blade in Stone

The rock is great(even if the specular is a bit high). but I find the sword lacking in comparison, at least the perspective. The sword ends up looking clued on because it's not really drawn in the same perspective as the rock. We should be able to see some depth in the handguard and handle.

Dusty @ 8/12/2013 14:46 commented on Gull Guardian

I'll be honest, I thought it was an overworld map for a second. It reminded me a lot of the map of the Dark World in Link to the Past.

Dusty @ 8/6/2013 21:30 commented on Linked Seasons - Dungeons

Tuna on saltines. Mmm.

Dusty @ 8/4/2013 20:44 commented on Linked Seasons - Dungeons

Awesome, could use more Zelda-ish stuff around here!

Dusty @ 7/12/2013 15:20 commented on Midora - House Demo

I've been keeping tabs on this on Facebook. I really love the tiles, but I find the perspective is a bit too exaggerated, espectially the tops of the wood posts.

Dusty @ 6/12/2013 20:02 commented on Waterfall (animated)

Nah, maybe if I had a LttP styled pack :P

Dusty @ 6/12/2013 20:02 commented on Waterfall (animated)

;)

Also yes it's a bit slow, but when I lowered the frame time to 0.05 it seemed way too fast. I couldn't find a nice balance and I thought it looked better going too slow than too fast.

Dusty @ 5/23/2013 10:07 commented on Squeak!

I actually have an alternate version with ear movement but I didn't quite like it. I agree with the shadow thing, but the shadow is small enough I couldn't manage to make it shrink and grow very smoothly.

Dusty @ 1/24/2013 21:00 commented on Spider-Man

Sadly I didn't have much time, but I had an idea and it would have bugged me not to try it. Rushed, but oh well!

Dusty @ 10/30/2012 21:42 commented on RPG Game: Interface Mockup - Update 3

Ha, that's awesome!

Dusty @ 9/5/2012 21:51 commented on Fantasy Swords

Awesome, I especially like the iron sword.