Knightsunder @ 6/26/2019 10:48 commented on Shaw

I ceded to using some AA in this piece instead of dithering, which is what I typically prefer to do, or no AA at all. Definitely agree it's the worst part. The background AA failures are because I was trying to get some kind of effect going (can't remember what now) and was simply too tired of working on the piece to put much effort in.
Thanks a bunch for the rest, though <3

Knightsunder @ 4/30/2019 18:06 commented on Skullwave

Nah, it was just applying the effect and then tweaking the colors until they looked right, e.g. hint of eyeburn.

Knightsunder @ 4/30/2019 16:58 commented on Skullwave

Well... red and blue? There was nothing formulaic about it.

Knightsunder @ 4/30/2019 15:38 commented on Skullwave

I think I may have gone too far with the doubling up on the aberration, hm. Thanks though <3

Knightsunder @ 4/29/2019 11:40 commented on FIREBALL

Your best work, imo

Knightsunder @ 4/10/2019 23:38 commented on abomination

this is g00d

Knightsunder @ 3/24/2019 02:27 commented on Interesting

interesting

Knightsunder @ 3/13/2019 15:52 commented on Zanzibar

Yeah the left arm was definitely a little bit of a fuss, I think if I had carried the darker contrast from the wrist through the hand it would've worked better. Thanks!

Knightsunder @ 3/12/2019 17:45 commented on His exellency Mr. Owl

Color choice is quite fitting for the atmosphere, nice work

Knightsunder @ 3/7/2019 18:19 commented on Nightly Walk

perspective shift on the streetlights is a nice touch

Knightsunder @ 3/5/2019 19:38 commented on Knife

I believe that this is a sword hilt, aka Knife, and it is plunged into the landscape.

Knightsunder @ 2/17/2019 04:44 commented on Height

Looks cool. Detail work isn't too bad and the composition is cool. You've got some problems with distance perspective, though - things tend to get lighter as they get farther away, not darker, with some exceptions. Additionally, objects far away will lose detail, which is in saturation, contrast, and complexity. Additionally, there's some slight readability issues about the forest in the background, but this is because it's typical for landscape pieces to have parts of the sky showing - you've mostly obscured it with clouds.

This obscuring can be accounted for by showing that the sky extends up and out off-canvas, but the way that you've placed the broken, floating building pieces is in a straight line going down, perspective-wise, which confuses the mind (as the brain wants to think that the pieces are all on the same level above the ground, which clashes with the perspective of the horizon). Things to think about.

Knightsunder @ 1/18/2019 08:12 commented on Pyrosamurai

I originally made a brush pen doodle and then based the sketch for this piece off of that doodle, so when I drew it in program it ended up being much rougher and contrasting than is really... easily applicable to pixel art. So I had to kinda figure out a style to go with the outlines I had made (as the piece didn't work well with standard gradient shading). Thanks!

Knightsunder @ 1/15/2019 02:54 commented on Blimey

Yeah, that's about the same as the other critique I've received. I think it's slightly covered up by the limp being "due to the heavy sack on his back", but in any other instance it wouldn't work out. I'm pretty happy with everything above waistline, though, even with the bag moving a little erratically. Thanks for the tips!

Knightsunder @ 1/2/2019 07:34 commented on Sheepdog

Thanks ^-^

Knightsunder @ 12/31/2018 19:07 commented on Sheepdog

You've been there with me since the very, very beginning (commented on my first piece) so it probably looks pretty neato from your POV. Thanks for all the support over the years dad <3

Knightsunder @ 12/31/2018 16:55 commented on Frogtocycle

lit

Knightsunder @ 12/26/2018 22:03 commented on Nidhogg

dang you should make this a real game

Knightsunder @ 12/19/2018 09:50 commented on The Iliad (cover)

Thanks love <3

Knightsunder @ 12/18/2018 11:46 commented on Some EagleIsland Backgrounds

you madman

Knightsunder @ 12/10/2018 02:05 commented on Rusichi Idut!

I dunno if I like the AA of the waistcloth. Having little bits of fur fray off might've looked interesting - at the moment it looks kind of like a tree trunk because it blends so smoothly.

Knightsunder @ 11/8/2018 08:04 commented on Rijsnajtal

That's a lot of water level... my senses are tingling..

Knightsunder @ 10/29/2018 04:13 commented on Providence Mock Up

Nice to see them all together. bUt wHeRe iS tHe GaMePLaY?!?!?

Knightsunder @ 10/25/2018 18:58 commented on Blacksteel - Raven

Aye thanks. I considered adding some snow wisps in the wind but didn't like how it looked, so I just left it in hopes of getting a "cold stillness" atmosphere.

Knightsunder @ 10/21/2018 19:03 commented on Classes

the preview doesn't have the same quarters as the piece >:(