Hapiel @ 10/15/2017 04:40 commented on Big Bird

Thanks guys, and thanks for all the endorsements last month!

This community means so much to me, and has been important to me for a veeerrry long time. It has helped me grow immensely as an artist, communicator and person, and it has allowed me to make friends even beyond the boundaries of the internet.

In this era (time flies in internet world) where facebook replaced many fora and web communities, I'm very excited to make an effort for this old school community to survive. It serves as a way to connect, share and grow independent of the profit driven goals of social media platforms, and caters to our specific needs. I hope platforms like PJ will remain to exists and allow future generations of internet users to keep on experiencing the freedom of sharing in combination with a sense of community, a sense of belonging.

I am very happy to now have more tools to take action in keeping this place as alive and valuable as it was when I first discovered PJ, over 10 years ago. I'm not sure if I'll always have the time available to do the micro management I'd love to do, but as I'm in it for the long run I'm sure some bigger projects will see daylight. From behind the scenes I hope I can make it even easier to use this community for research, sharing, growing, and keeping PJ firmly in it's position of the internets main pixel art hub.

Thanks for letting me join the team, I promise not to disappoint you!

Hapiel @ 10/15/2017 04:17 commented on Rabbeat LeChunk AHOY!

I'm excited already ;)

Hapiel @ 10/9/2017 11:27 commented on Big Bird

There are some plans to fix, change and improve things which involve Sedge, and are therefor getting delayed. In about two weeks from now we should know if they are likely to go through or not, I wish I had something more helpful to say.

Hapiel @ 9/28/2017 08:44 commented on Big Bird

So bring your laptop to the loo!

Hapiel @ 9/22/2017 10:19 commented on Big Bird

Not being satisfied with our accomplishments, that's pretty much the default human state! But you need to discover a way to separate your happiness from your feeling of accomplishment :)

Hapiel @ 9/21/2017 12:52 commented on Big Bird

Move, go outside, socialize, eat healthy. Reflect on yourself, write in a jou.rnal. Stay away from television, facebook and other passively consumed endless media. Meditate. Make time for the things you enjoy most in life. Find out the core of your troubles and try to work out a solution, with (professional) help if needed.

Hapiel @ 9/17/2017 10:47 commented on His Holyness Hieronymus Karpfkop, the Archfishop

Very nice details on the cane!

Hapiel @ 9/12/2017 03:53 commented on Big Bird

sounds like a browser bug! Have you tried both the full post form and she quick post from under the threads?

Hapiel @ 9/11/2017 16:13 commented on Big Bird

Since the PJ map doesn't exist any more: Do I have any friends in London? I just relocated :)

Hapiel @ 9/11/2017 16:12 commented on Nightmare

Yes, a warrior, optionally with weapons indeed :)

Hapiel @ 9/10/2017 12:20 commented on Shoe Shaped Car

Thats a nice fantasy car tank!

Hapiel @ 9/9/2017 15:23 commented on Big Bird

sounds scary, good luck!

Hapiel @ 9/9/2017 05:25 commented on Magikarp used splash!

nicely made, and funny :D

Hapiel @ 9/5/2017 05:38 commented on Zombie Biker

Well, for starters, it has me in it...

Hapiel @ 9/4/2017 13:51 commented on Zombie Biker

Oohh, I might have to opt in on this challenge because my car is all 3 of those things!

Hapiel @ 9/3/2017 08:58 commented on Big Bird

I think its a special type of comment box.

There is also a forum thread which has (had?) the same purpose.

Hapiel @ 9/2/2017 05:20 commented on Big Bird

That sounds plausible!

Hapiel @ 9/2/2017 01:33 commented on Big Bird

I'm Dutch, I've learnt most of my English by talking to people on the internet. Bickering is not a very common term in mmorpgs ^^

Hapiel @ 9/1/2017 17:20 commented on Big Bird

I know! And "bickering", and "coronation", I had to look up all of them! :)

Hapiel @ 9/1/2017 15:45 commented on Big Bird

3 words even :o, which means hanging in the cb is still good use of my time!

Hapiel @ 8/30/2017 14:48 commented on Big Bird

Hapiel @ 8/29/2017 13:06 commented on Big Bird

Whoa, that was quick! Much better than my one week plan I guess, thank you and well done :D

Hapiel @ 8/29/2017 12:21 commented on Big Bird

Green, I was going to write you in private but now that you mentioned my name here in the CB I feel compelled to leave a short note here too. (EDIT: oops, now it's long-ish. tl;dr: PJ is awesome, Green wtf are you talking about?)

Dude, I don't know what your problem is. Although everyone is sad that Jal has disappeared, most of us seem pretty content about this place.

Critiqueing and rating art does not equal rating people. In my 9000+ posts on this site I've definitely said things which were wrong or which I've regretted later, but the comment on your "evidence" (if my comment was what you were pointing at?) is not one of them.

Since you ask: I've made a ton of friends here. I have a large backlog of private messages, got to know people through interviews, stayed in touch with members who've long left this place over facebook, met about 10 PJ members in real life.

I can't judge how profound your interest in pixel art was. I remember a certain WIP thread in which you tried to fix your avatar face, in which I and many others tried to help as much as we could. It even inspired me to make my own (terrible) version of it, which was featured in the gallery until I removed it.

Seems to me like you were accepted here with open arms. However, soon it seemed to that you were only interested in creating gallery pieces that were made with little interest to grow as an artist. Your comments were often filled with complaints and excuses, either about your life or about PJ.

PJ's soul is alive. The WIP forum works, the community gets to know each other through the chatterbox, the challenges inspire new and senior members to try out new techniques and subjects. There are plenty of people, moderators or not, who are volunteering to keep PJ tidy and improving. And most importantly of all, people from all over the world are making awesome submissions to the gallery which are free for the world to see and comment on if they wish so.

I'm not denying that there are problems from time to time, and I'm personally discussing solutions both publically and behind the scenes, but PJ is very valuable to me and I detest it when people like yourself make unnessecary demeaning comments about it.

Hapiel @ 8/29/2017 11:41 commented on Big Bird

Depends on what you consider high resolution. There are plenty of large images in the hall of fame, for example check these two by Elk

Hapiel @ 8/29/2017 07:27 commented on Big Bird

In other news, does anyone else have trouble with fixeljoint? It says it's enabled, but I can't pick out cool smileys (or use any other features) any more...