Job Offerings
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings
Message Icon Topic: [Paid] Graphics for a 2D Open-Source Strategy Game Post Reply Post New Topic
Andrettin
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Andrettin Replybullet Topic: [Paid] Graphics for a 2D Open-Source Strategy Game
    Posted: 13 October 2015 at 2:16pm
I develop a 2D open-source strategy game called Wyrmsun, which is inspired by old-school RTSes and strategy games. Here is a short description:

"Wyrmsun is an open-source RTS game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.

In the Wyrmsun universe a myriad of inhabited planets exist. Humans dwell on Earth, while dwarves inhabit Nidavellir and elves nourish the world of Alfheim. These peoples struggle to carve a place for themselves with their tools of stone, bronze and iron. And perhaps one day they will meet one another, beyond the stars..."

You can read more about (and download) it here.

The project is in need of pixel artists who can make graphics that fit well with the graphics already in the game. Please note that the game's perspective is not isometric, but a tilted top-downish view. You can browse the game's graphical assets here.

If you would like to make graphics for the game, feel free to contact me! Please let me know what your rates are. Due to the game's open-source nature, any graphics made for the game would have to be licensed under the CC0 license. I look forward to hearing from you!

EDIT: This is closed now, thanks for all the contacts!
IP IP Logged
buprettyinpink
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote buprettyinpink Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2015 at 2:34pm
From the look of you're game, you're not looking for a pixel artist, none of that looks to be pixel art
IP IP Logged
Andrettin
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Andrettin Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2015 at 8:25am
I'm not sure what you mean? Almost all assets are pixel art, and most of the artists who created them were found through pixeljoint.com.
IP IP Logged
Animator111
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Animator111 Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2015 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Andrettin

I'm not sure what you mean? Almost all assets are pixel art, and most of the artists who created them were found through pixeljoint.com.

He is saying this because the artwork does not have the feeling of what we traditionally call pixel art.
It looks more like 3D objects rendered as pixel art.

It is something I can help you with, I messaged you my portfolio.

Best,
Spyros Kontis
IP IP Logged
Iscalio
Commander
Commander

Quote Iscalio Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2015 at 12:16pm
I PM'ed you about your project.

I note you don't have a preferred contact method. You might mention if you want to be PM'ed, emailed, or something else.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Andrettin
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Andrettin Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2015 at 11:29am
Thanks for all the contacts! This is closed now.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version