Resources and Support
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Resources and Support
Message Icon Topic: PC-98 games images gallery huge pack Post Reply Post New Topic
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Kato Replybullet Topic: PC-98 games images gallery huge pack
    Posted: 10 March 2019 at 5:12am
Hi all, i have made this big pack of PC-98 games images to study pixel art illustrations from japanese artists, this take me a long time to do it, all images are in 4 bits 16 colors only.

You can download the zipped file on my website in "Misc" section:

IP IP Logged
yrizoud
Commander
Commander

Quote yrizoud Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:03am
Ahh this is interesting, it's a piece of pixel art history that's not very well known (from the western world at least).
For the curious, the pack is 112Mb
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 13 March 2019 at 12:20am
Soon i will upload a new version of the pack, i have begin to remove the doublon images, it's hard to sort near of 4000 images.
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 15 March 2019 at 9:57am
New pack file available, removed duplicate images, now total: 3700 images.
IP IP Logged
efejotart
Seaman
Seaman

Quote efejotart Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2019 at 3:11am
Thanks a lot for the pack! I can see it coming very handy for research :)
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2019 at 4:20am
Revision 2 of the pack will coming soon with more images.
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 18 November 2019 at 3:42am
New pack file in REV2 version with more images is available on my homepage, you can also download the game creator tool "Arcade Game Studio 1.34" with the new chm help file. No coding with this engine.
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2020 at 1:40am
I'm working on the REV3 version of the PC98 images pack with many more images.

And also i'm working on a update of the chm help file of Arcade Game Studio with more infos about screen sizes and sprites sizes from the old 8-16bits console (nes, master system, genesis) to put in your games in arcade game studio and all pages of the chm help file have new colours for preserve eyes, no more white pages that burn the eyes, when reading.
IP IP Logged
efejotart
Seaman
Seaman

Quote efejotart Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2020 at 5:19am
Looking forward to the next one! I was surprised and pleased to see some Disc Station stuff here, since I really enjoyed Compile's work back in the day.

Do you think you could sort the images in folders as well? I thought of doing it myself, but if you are going to keep updating it yourself, it'd be confusing if I DL the new version later. The interface from Virgin Angel is amazing, btw. I don't know if you had it in the pack or not.
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2020 at 12:48am
The REV3 pack is already finished and sorted by folders, (interior,exterior,characters,screen title etc..) for easy search, this version of the pack take me a long time because a lot of new images are included and sorted, also i think it's my last release about this pack and i will release the tool i used for sorted all these images and search duplicated images, a really cool free tool, old but do the job. i will do a page for this free tool.

The PC-98 images pack will be available soon on my homepage with the new Arcade Game Studio chm help file update, for the help file i have added a list of some screen size from old video games consoles (8-bits,16bits) that can be reproduce in ARGS and also i have made a big sheet of sprites from 8 bits games to study them (nes, master system, game gear etc..) for making platform, beat em all and run and gun games in ARGS.

This sheet of sprites image take me long time because take screenshot in emulators, crop the images, sort all sprites by sizes, add pixel sizes for all sprites, in the middle of research for sprites i used some screenshots from www.spriters-resource.com for win time. it's 50/50, me and spriters resource for all sprites in this sheet of sprites, i think it's useful image for learning sprites from pixel artists of golden age.
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 06 July 2020 at 5:49am
The REV3 version pack is available on my homepage with Arcade Game Studio help file updated.

IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2020 at 12:46am
I'm working on the REV4 version since some months, this future pack will be the most huge version and complete about PC98 games screenshots to study their pixel art.

This pack will cover almost all games released on the PC98, i will add some new section like animation, and others, for easy search.

For the moment i'm in the beginning of the final sorting of these images, i have kept 10 500 images from 104 599 images (all PC98 games screenshots). This was time consuming to sort all of these images. Now i need to sort them again in all folders (characters, interior exterior etc..) and search duplicated images.

The release date will be the end of the year or the beginning of the next year, it depends of my free time.
IP IP Logged
marceles
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote marceles Replybullet Posted: 21 January 2022 at 2:37pm
that .zip is just amazing! thanks a lot for sharing it.
and that web is also nice.
IP IP Logged
Kato
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kato Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2022 at 5:44am
Thanks Marceles, the REV 4 is in the work in progress, as it's huge update this take me a lot of time, i was busy with previous project and life, i hope i can release the REV4 version this year.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version