WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: BRZ Ts for my boyfriend Post Reply Post New Topic
eltranner
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote eltranner Replybullet Topic: BRZ Ts for my boyfriend
    Posted: 24 October 2020 at 3:03pm
So I havent done pixel art for about 10 years (I'm 24 now) and I decided to get back into it during lockdown. I started off with a small car for my boyfriend and he loved it! After a month or two he told me he wanted to make stickers to sell so I sent him the original pixel art without the background (I made it in Photoshop, and I cheated by using a regular brush and layer modes to create glow).
After this I made an even bigger pixel thing at a bigger resolution (244x244 compared to 100x100) but the problem is I can't figure out how to create the windshield/windows...
If you guys have any other critiques that'll be super helpful too! (I know the palette I used for the car is really monotone too.... just don't know how stylized my boyfriend would have like it if I did some hue shifting)

100x100

244x244 resolution

the photos I used as reference: (all his own photos of his car btw)
https://imgur.com/YvCXmyo
https://imgur.com/bsw2nNt
https://imgur.com/5TkCoML
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 25 October 2020 at 10:09am
That's pretty cool!

I think to get the windshield right you'd need to decide on the environment which it partially reflects. Like the first ref you posted seems to have some cloudy sky reflect on it, you might be able to use some of that?

There are some tiny bright spots where you can see the windows behind the front seat, I think it might be better to position the seat so that they either become bigger or disappear completely, right now they are a bit hard to read even if they are correct.

What is the blue line? I notice it is also there on the picture, but I can't tell what it is!

IP IP Logged
eltranner
Seaman
Seaman

Quote eltranner Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2020 at 5:56pm
That sound cool! Ill try to add some cloud reflection on the windshield. Only problem is i dont really know how to shade it without cheating and using transparency! TT__TT
The blur bar is a custom road cage in the car :)
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2020 at 6:14pm
Will your boyfriend think it is cheating if you use transparency? If it gets the job done it gets the job done!
But if that is the effect you wish to use, you might be able to recreate that by hand too, and discover along the way that you can tweak it to make it even better ;)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version