WIP (Work In Progress)
 Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : WIP (Work In Progress)
Message Icon Topic: I can't deal with jaggies Post Reply Post New Topic
EmpressOfPixels
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote EmpressOfPixels Replybullet Topic: I can't deal with jaggies
    Posted: 03 November 2020 at 6:46pm
I have to admit that I didn't realize the jaggies until some drawing I made, then I started to see them and now it totally killed my inspiration because now I am always looking at them and I can't complete my drawing without feeling it's just full of errors I really don't know how to fix, I don't know if that makes sense, lol.

1:

2:
IP IP Logged
Pig_catapult
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Pig_catapult Replybullet Posted: 03 November 2020 at 8:28pm
Spotting errors and being able to fix them are separate skills, and it's natural for them to not always grow at the same time. If you're getting frustrated and not making any progress, it can help to set the piece aside for now and do a practice piece with a tighter focus.

For example, in your second piece you're drawing a witch hat and a face and hair and a neck and a dramatic collar and shoulders and snakes and a cauldron and a liquid. That's a lot. Get some reference images and try drawing just a witch hat, or just a snake, or just a spider leg.
IP IP Logged
Mike9377
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Mike9377 Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2020 at 4:52pm
I'm not a professional pixel artist, but in my experience with jaggies, sometimes you just can't have the exact geometry you want and have to simplify the shapes a little or add extra detail to get rid of them. The jaggies in the spider legs could be masked with hair or something.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version